OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2016 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
If the Raiders do decide to take up the offer to play in this new stadium, the other NFL owners will block it because they don't want a team in Vegas.

I can see the Raiders easily winning in court though. The NFL themselves have already deem Oakland as "unsatisfactory and inadequate", so the courts would laugh if the NFL tried to block the Raiders from a brand new 1 billion dollar stadium.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
ustin Tuck announces retirement

Posted by Josh Alper on February 1, 2016, 4:17 PM EST

Getty Images
Charles Woodson isn’t the only veteran member of the Raiders defense who has decided to call it a career.

Defensive end Justin Tuck announced Monday that he will be retiring from the NFL. Tuck spent the last two years in Oakland after playing for the Giants from 2005 to 2013.

“After months of praying and careful consideration, I have decided to retire from the game of football,” Tuck wrote on Facebook. “I’ve had 11 great years and honestly I leave with very few regrets.”

Tuck’s 2015 season ended after five games, 14 tackles and a sack because of a torn pectoral muscle. He’ll be best remembered for his nine years with the Giants, which saw Tuck reach double digits in sacks four times and play a leading role on a pair of Super Bowl champions driven by a relentless pass rush.

Tuck told Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports that he feels physically able to continue playing but that the injury played a role in his decision and that he’s now “looking forward to being able to do something else.”

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'll flat out guarantee this move could never get the owner votes to go through. It's a leverage ploy, nothing more
Doesn't need the owners vote if the Raiders sue the NFL.

If Oakland can't produce a stadium, but Las Vegas is willing to give them a FREE stadium, a court would laugh at the NFL considering the NFL themselves said Oakland isn't currently viable.

Roger Goodell's own words on Oakland's current situation is "unsatisfactory and inadequate".

A court would say if they are "unsatisfactory and inadequate" how could you deny them a brand new stadium.

Last edited:

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Doesn't need the owners vote if the Raiders sue the NFL.

If Oakland can't produce a stadium, but Las Vegas is willing to give them a FREE stadium, a court would laugh at the NFL considering the NFL themselves said Oakland isn't currently viable.

Roger Goodell's own words on Oakland's current situation is "unsatisfactory and inadequate".

A court would say if they are "unsatisfactory and inadequate" how could you deny them a brand new stadium.
If it came to that, the nfl would probably say fuck it and fund the Oakland stadium instead of entering another legal battle with the raiders.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I've also been hearing the Raiders aren't worried about the $550 million relocation fee because it would be paid over the course of 10-20 years so it would be basically nothing. 20 years that's like 25 million a year which is chump change, even to Mark Davis.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
She literally said nothing lol

Things would be so much easier if Mark would have just took this shit up to begin with. The NFL wants it, the 49ers organization is cool with it, Santa Clara would love it since the stadium could be paid off twice as fast, and there would be no relocation fee. Plus Santa Clara is closer to Oakland than it is SF lol

But Mark wants to keep pretending he's a factor that gets what he wants without putting forth anything himself.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
She literally said nothing lol

Things would be so much easier if Mark would have just took this shit up to begin with. The NFL wants it, the 49ers organization is cool with it, Santa Clara would love it since the stadium could be paid off twice as fast, and there would be no relocation fee. Plus Santa Clara is closer to Oakland than it is SF lol

But Mark wants to keep pretending he's a factor that gets what he wants without putting forth anything himself.
They should park the squad in Santa Clara after this season until they can figure out a better solution in Oakland I think.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
They should park the squad in Santa Clara after this season until they can figure out a better solution in Oakland I think.
If they stay in the bay, just park them there permanently. Why spend another billion dollars just to have another stadium 30 miles away? It's obvious no investors want to build in Oakland and the city of Oakland don't have the money and like I said in the past it would be a fucking crime if they put that city through spending hundreds of millions of dollars for 8 football games a year.

Levi's Stadium is brand new and easy as fuck to get to for East Bay Raiders fans.

Why are people so fucking stuck on an Oakland address. Shit could be right next door in Berkeley and Oakland fans would still cry lol

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
If they stay in the bay, just park them there permanently. Why spend another billion dollars just to have another stadium 30 miles away? It's obvious no investors want to build in Oakland and the city of Oakland don't have the money and like I said in the past it would be a fucking crime if they put that city through spending hundreds of millions of dollars for 8 football games a year.

Levi's Stadium is brand new and easy as fuck to get to for East Bay Raiders fans.

Why are people so fucking stuck on an Oakland address. Shit could be right next door in Berkeley and Oakland fans would still cry lol
do you not consider yourself an Oakland fan ? Also, Going from sharing one stadium to sharing another isn't really moving up, know what I mean?

Also Levi's stadium is hosting one of the biggest soccer tournaments in the world this summer and tickets are gonna be expensive as fuck. Nfl stadiums can hold other events too

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
do you not consider yourself an Oakland fan ? Also, Going from sharing one stadium to sharing another isn't really moving up, know what I mean?

Also Levi's stadium is hosting one of the biggest soccer tournaments in the world this summer and tickets are gonna be expensive as fuck. Nfl stadiums can hold other events too
lol are you really comparing sharing a crumbling old stadium with a baseball team where the Raiders play on a dirt baseball diamond for the first 6 weeks of the year to sharing with another football team in a brand new state of the art stadium where they will literally never even see the other team there considering the other team is only there for 8 weeks a year also?

As far as expensive tickets, what do you think is gonna happen in a brand new stadium in Oakland? You think you're still going to get the 2nd cheapest tickets in the league? Ticket prices are going to skyrocket, how do you think they pay for new stadiums? There hasn't been a new stadium in this country where prices didn't skyrocket.

and why do you keep asking me over and over and over if I'm an "Oakland" fan, let me answer you for the 15th time. I'm a Raider fan. They can play in Oakland, Santa Clara, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas I'll be a Raider fan.

Are you an Oakland fan? You seem like you would support the city of Oakland putting forth hundreds of millions so you can watch 8 football games a year all because of an address lol

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2005
I don't care if they stay in Oakland as long as they stayed in the Bay Area. Las Vegas I would be koo with also. Those are my personal preferences.

But FUCK sharing a stadium with the Niners. The place is fuckin red and catered directly to them seeing at it is their stadium. We would be guest there and the raiders deserve more than that imo. Plus fuck the Niners

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
But FUCK sharing a stadium with the Niners. The place is fuckin red and catered directly to them seeing at it is their stadium. We would be guest there and the raiders deserve more than that imo. Plus fuck the Niners
They already stated they would change the color scheme of the stadium if the Raiders moved in. The 49ers have been there for a total of 2 years lol it ain't like they have some deep rich history at Levi's Stadium. It ain't even their stadium the 49ers are just tenants on lease like we would be.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
lol are you really comparing sharing a crumbling old stadium with a baseball team where the Raiders play on a dirt baseball diamond for the first 6 weeks of the year to sharing with another football team in a brand new state of the art stadium where they will literally never even see the other team there considering the other team is only there for 8 weeks a year also?

As far as expensive tickets, what do you think is gonna happen in a brand new stadium in Oakland? You think you're still going to get the 2nd cheapest tickets in the league? Ticket prices are going to skyrocket, how do you think they pay for new stadiums? There hasn't been a new stadium in this country where prices didn't skyrocket.

and why do you keep asking me over and over and over if I'm an "Oakland" fan, let me answer you for the 15th time. I'm a Raider fan. They can play in Oakland, Santa Clara, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas I'll be a Raider fan.

Are you an Oakland fan? You seem like you would support the city of Oakland putting forth hundreds of millions so you can watch 8 football games a year all because of an address lol
lol ur are mad bro