OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2016 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Now I ask the question, say some magic billionaire investor does step in and give us this free billion dollar stadium.

Oh shit now ticket prices are tripled and beer prices are a dollar more per beer.

What does blue collar high rent paying Oakland folks do then?

Jun 23, 2005
Attendance will stay the same unless the team is in the playoffs competing. The fans attending now will attend the higher prices new stadium, but I doubt we'll attract new fans unless the team is Pushing for a championship. What is your alternative to Oakland? You know the raiders had attendance issue in LA also right?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Attendance will stay the same unless the team is in the playoffs competing. The fans attending now will attend the higher prices new stadium, but I doubt we'll attract new fans unless the team is Pushing for a championship. What is your alternative to Oakland? You know the raiders had attendance issue in LA also right?
I'm for them moving to Santa Clara and sharing Levi's Stadium. The Raiders won't lose any money, the city of Oakland will stop being pressured to put up money they don't have, Santa Clara has already stated they would welcome the Raiders with open arms and would even be able to get Raiders colors in the seats during Raider games.

Santa Clara is already having issues with the 9ers not wanting to pay their full rent, with the Raiders coming in the stadium will be paid off in 20 years instead of 40 years which might make ticket prices reasonable for both fan bases.

Best of all Raiders get a brand new state of the art stadium to play in without having to leave the market.

If we're gonna have attendance issues any way, why not have them in a brand new stadium right down the street?

Jun 23, 2005
Santa Clara won't work because mark is too stubborn to do it. It would be closer to my home personally but wherever they end up, I'll be at a few games a year regardless.

Santa Clara needs to get their turf situation figured out before anything. I also don't like the lack of tail gating area in Santa Clara. I went for the Stanford va usc game and we parked in the grass hella far lol but it isn't like Oakland where the whole parking lot is filled with bbq smoke, something mark wants to keep around also.

I also noticed there's to much going on to distract from the game. Shit is hella nice sat in club with leather seats but I almost wanted to just chill inside instead of the heat

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
What I think is going to happen though is the Chargers will get their new stadium idea funded in San Diego, Raiders will now get the option to move in with the Rams in LA, Mark Davis has a hard on for LA so he'll probably jump on it. Raiders will be a tenant of Stan Kroenke which will be trash, because they won't make any money. The Rams will get paid for all revenue from Raider games lol

But our penis head looking owner loves LA, so there we go.

I was all for LA when it was the Raiders getting their own stadium, but being a tenant of the Rams would be terrible.

At least with sharing a stadium with the 9ers the Raiders won't be a tenant to another team, because the 9ers are just tenants themselves. Kroenke is going to own that stadium in Inglewood.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The Coliseum is officially named just the Oakland Coliseum again. Overstock just pulled it's naming rights.

Speaking of the Coliseum, just read the Oakland Mayor might be announcing the A's getting approval for a stadium site at Howard Terminal next week which would at least clear up the land issue for the Raiders in Oakland. That's one hurdle if it's true. Now we just need a billionaire that likes giving away money.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
The Coliseum is officially named just the Oakland Coliseum again. Overstock just pulled it's naming rights.

Speaking of the Coliseum, just read the Oakland Mayor might be announcing the A's getting approval for a stadium site at Howard Terminal next week which would at least clear up the land issue for the Raiders in Oakland. That's one hurdle if it's true. Now we just need a billionaire that likes giving away money.
Howard terminal spot would be dope for the a's, it sucks lew wolff is such an insufferable prick. One of the richest owners in all of sports and he never puts shit into the a's. He financed a 100 million dollar stadium for the earthquakes in San Jose without batting an eye, dude could have had the a's playing somewhere really nice a long time ago

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Howard terminal spot would be dope for the a's, it sucks lew wolff is such an insufferable prick. One of the richest owners in all of sports and he never puts shit into the a's. He financed a 100 million dollar stadium for the earthquakes in San Jose without batting an eye, dude could have had the a's playing somewhere really nice a long time ago
The A's would be in a state of the art stadium in San Jose right now if Larry Baer wasn't a douche bag.

Jun 23, 2005
Looks like we might land Muhammad Wilkerson too. Defense is going to be insane if we get him.

Muhammad Wilkerson intrigued by Oakland Raiders
While it would be great to have him, his asking price is too much. His salary demands would be hard to stomach IMO. We have Mack, Carr and gabe Jackson all due for contracts in the next year or two, and all should be paid really well. But if Reggie could pull the trade off for say maybe a swap of first round picks with the jets, I would be all for it if he could work a great front loaded contact with him