OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2016 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol at 3.5 million for rent. yea, its tripled, but 3.5 million is so fucking cheap idk who would complain
Most teams pay nothing or next to nothing because of naming rights revenue sharing, ticket sales, concessions etc. Their lease might say they pay $8 million (or whatever number), but they end up profiting off of the stadium in the long run. Look at a team like Seattle, their stadium is top 5 in the NFL and they only pay $1 million and still end up getting stadium revenue far exceeding lol

The Raiders get nothing and have the worst stadium in the league. The funniest part is the A's have concessions rights so even when the Raiders play the A's are the ones that get paid.

When the Raiders pay rent it's a legit loss of millions with nothing in return. When most other teams pay rent they get far more back in return.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
When do the taxpayers get paid, rhetorical question
This is the wrong thread to ask that.

I get told I'm not a real fan when I bring up the city of Oakland not being able to afford an NFL franchise or when I bash that penis head looking idiot Mark Davis for continuing to harass the city of Oakland for public funding (and yes other Raider fans he's STILL doing it, just did it again 3 weeks ago when he told Raider fans in Oakland to "step up" and get this funded)

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
This is the wrong thread to ask that.

I get told I'm not a real fan when I bring up the city of Oakland not being able to afford an NFL franchise or when I bash that penis head looking idiot Mark Davis for continuing to harass the city of Oakland for public funding (and yes other Raider fans he's STILL doing it, just did it again 3 weeks ago when he told Raider fans in Oakland to "step up" and get this funded)
He should be asking them to step up and sell out every game first lol. But seems like oakland and the fans will pay for a new stadium befoee it happens

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
He should be asking them to step up and sell out every game first lol. But seems like oakland and the fans will pay for a new stadium befoee it happens
That's one of the things that make me laugh when people say I'm a "fake fan" and shit like that.

We have the cheapest tickets in the league with the 2nd worst attendance lol season tickets going for $20 a game and still can't fill the stadium. But when I ask "what do you think is gonna happen when they gotta pay for the cost of a new billion dollar stadium by raising tickets to triple or even more in price" nobody seems to be able to answer the question lol

But I'm fake because I bring up valid points about the city of Oakland having way bigger real life things to worry about than football games 8 Sundays a year. lol

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
That's one of the things that make me laugh when people say I'm a "fake fan" and shit like that.

We have the cheapest tickets in the league with the 2nd worst attendance lol season tickets going for $20 a game and still can't fill the stadium. But when I ask "what do you think is gonna happen when they gotta pay for the cost of a new billion dollar stadium by raising tickets to triple or even more in price" nobody seems to be able to answer the question lol

But I'm fake because I bring up valid points about the city of Oakland having way bigger real life things to worry about than football games 8 Sundays a year. lol

Youre just being a hater bro. Sometimes the stadium is so empty i be waitiny for ap9 to post a selfie in there with thr caption "IM THE ONLY NIGGA IM THE WORLD ALLOWED AT RAIDER GAMES"

Jun 23, 2005
As far as stadium issues goes, most raider fans are blue collar working class. They ain't gunna shell out a Shit load of money to go to a game if the team isn't winning. It was the same in LA as it is here. And y'all act like every seat is 30 bucks lol those season tickets get sold out hella fast. Season tickets are all sold out for next year just about and all sold out last year. The resell market is fucked up selling those cheap tickets to $100+

And chree don't act like the Santa Clara stadium wasn't emptier than the raiders was last year, I don't care what the numbers are, anybody with eyes can tell who's stadium filled more seats.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Really? Didn't hear the news about Hayden anywhere. Them not picking up his option is a no brainier. As far as Rivera, he is expendable now with Walford being a better all around TE, and younger
Looks like Hayden thing was bullshit, the reporter that said he's getting cut already deleted the tweet. lol dumbass

Yeah Rivera isn't really needed anymore. Walford is a lot better. Can catch, can block, seems like a great playmaker. I also really like Lee Smith.

ESPN picked up on the Rivera rumor. NFL Rumor Central: Mychal Rivera expected to land on trading block - NFL Rumor Central- ESPN

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
As far as stadium issues goes, most raider fans are blue collar working class. They ain't gunna shell out a Shit load of money to go to a game if the team isn't winning. It was the same in LA as it is here. And y'all act like every seat is 30 bucks lol those season tickets get sold out hella fast. Season tickets are all sold out for next year just about and all sold out last year. The resell market is fucked up selling those cheap tickets to $100+

And chree don't act like the Santa Clara stadium wasn't emptier than the raiders was last year, I don't care what the numbers are, anybody with eyes can tell who's stadium filled more seats.
lol we were in talks for a play off run and were winning in the middle of last season and people still didn't come, our stadium looked fuller because we tarp off over 10,000 seats. There's only 56,000 seats available with the tarp which is smallest in the NFL (besides the Vikings are who temporarily at a smaller college stadium) and we still don't sell out.

As far as blue collar people not wasting money, I find that funny because there's other blue collar cities that support their teams that have been losing as long as us.

Fucking Cleveland averages 12,000 more fans per game than us. THE FUCKING BROWNS lol What's funnier is Cleveland has the second highest poverty rate in the country and they come out and support their team that has been the joke of the NFL for 30+ years

That brings me to the 1st poverty stricken city in the country, Detroit. Detroit averages 8,000 more per game than us and their city is literally falling apart lol

Buffalo averages 15,000 more than us, another poor blue collar city, and they've only had two above .500 seasons since the year 2000 and those seasons were 9-7 lol

I can keep going too lol why can't East Bay fans make it out to games when shittier teams in other blue collar cities can?

Jun 23, 2005
lol we were in talks for a play off run and were winning in the middle of last season and people still didn't come, our stadium looked fuller because we tarp off over 10,000 seats. There's only 56,000 seats available with the tarp which is smallest in the NFL (besides the Vikings are who temporarily at a smaller college stadium) and we still don't sell out.

As far as blue collar people not wasting money, I find that funny because there's other blue collar cities that support their teams that have been losing as long as us.

Fucking Cleveland averages 12,000 more fans per game than us. THE FUCKING BROWNS lol What's funnier is Cleveland has the second highest poverty rate in the country and they come out and support their team that has been the joke of the NFL for 30+ years

That brings me to the 1st poverty stricken city in the country, Detroit. Detroit averages 8,000 more per game than us and their city is literally falling apart lol

Buffalo averages 15,000 more than us, another poor blue collar city, and they've only had two above .500 seasons since the year 2000 and those seasons were 9-7 lol

I can keep going too lol why can't East Bay fans make it out to games when shittier teams in other blue collar cities can?
Look at the cities you just named man lol Cleveland, Detroit, buffalo. I don't know much about those cities but I'm guessing they are all hella depressing and boring as shit and need a fucking escape of reality every Sunday.

Compare the cost of living also lol you could damn near probably buy a house in Detroit for the cost of one game in the bay

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Look at the cities you just named man lol Cleveland, Detroit, buffalo. I don't know much about those cities but I'm guessing they are all hella depressing and boring as shit and need a fucking escape of reality every Sunday.
and Oakland is some shiny glamorous wonderland? lol

Those cities I just named make Raider fans look fairweather as fuck.

Jun 23, 2005
Houses in Detroit are going for 500 bucks lol that's a raider game for a family of 4. The Bay Area is one of the most expensive places to live in the country, don't single out the east bay alone and even Oakland ain't as run down as Detroit is lol

Jun 23, 2005
and we have the cheapest tickets in the league. Those cities don't lol

We also have the most expensive beer and most expensive gas, most expensive hot dog probably. And looking at retail ticket cost isn't the true story, most those cheap tickets get sold immediately in bulk and scalpers and resellers are a better indicator of cost.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Houses in Detroit are going for 500 bucks lol that's a raider game for a family of 4. The Bay Area is one of the most expensive places to live in the country, don't single out the east bay alone and even Oakland ain't as run down as Detroit is lol
lol the houses going for $500 in Detroit ain't in habitable neighborhoods. People ain't dropping $500 on a house and moving in. Those houses are being bought my real estate developers and being torn down.

want me to start listing expensive places to live, with shitty teams, and bad economies that actually support their teams? lol because I can....

Jun 23, 2005
lol the houses going for $500 in Detroit ain't in habitable neighborhoods. People ain't dropping $500 on a house and moving in. Those houses are being bought my real estate developers and being torn down.

want me to start listing expensive places to live, with shitty teams, and bad economies that actually support their teams? lol because I can....

Go for it man if you have the time to do all that then be my guest. Make a spreadsheet correlating ticket cost vs income vs real estate value va attendance and see if we can come up with a good number for all the nfl teams

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
We also have the most expensive beer and most expensive gas, most expensive hot dog probably. And looking at retail ticket cost isn't the true story, most those cheap tickets get sold immediately in bulk and scalpers and resellers are a better indicator of cost.

Our beer prices while being more expensive get you more per ounce than other teams. I read all about this months ago lol we pay on average more per beer, but the beers are bigger. Other teams are charging $9 for 12 oz. beers....

also about retail ticket cost that definitely isn't true considering we don't even sell out. I was coming across $40 tickets on ticketmaster on game day last year while having this same discussion on other websites lol