OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2015-16 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Of course he's going to say it's pure speculation while he's negotiating with Oakland. Mark Davis is a weirdo that legit believes he still holds some kind of cards in all of this lol if San Diego offers him a stadium he'll pounce at the opportunity.

The rumors are the NFL would even waive the $550 million relocation fee if the Raiders pick San Diego because the NFL really wants to stay in that market.

Guarantee you behind closed doors Davis is using those rumors to try and get more out of Oakland in the meeting on Monday.

Oakland don't want to budge, the most they're willing to give is half the land the Raiders want. The East Bay is way too poor to publicly finance. The Coliseum is the smallest seating venue in the NFL with the tarped off top section and it's still the 3rd lowest attendance in the league.

Honestly I'm ready for the Raiders to leave at this point, team is rotting away in Oakland.
God damn man, have a little faith.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
God damn man, have a little faith.
Faith in what? I don't want the city of Oakland to give the Raiders a dime, that would be tragic for the people in that city. Shit needs to be 100% investor funded for them to stay in Oakland. If the city gives the Raiders hundreds of millions of dollars while having one of the worst poverty, unemployment, and crime rates in the country just to have a place to play football 8 Sundays a year that shit would be a crime.

We're the poorest team in the poorest city in the league, that's why I said the Raiders are rotting away there. Neither team has money to continue to support a franchise if they want a winning team.

We need a new ownership group or a fuck ton of investors and honestly what billionaire would want to give that much money to build a stadium in Oakland with no return on investment, there won't be a Super Bowl played there or any big college bowl games. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Faith in what? I don't want the city of Oakland to give the Raiders a dime, that would be tragic for the people in that city. Shit needs to be 100% investor funded for them to stay in Oakland. If the city gives the Raiders hundreds of millions of dollars while having one of the worst poverty, unemployment, and crime rates in the country just to have a place to play football 8 Sundays a year that shit would be a crime.

We're the poorest team in the poorest city in the league, that's why I said the Raiders are rotting away there. Neither team has money to continue to support a franchise if they want a winning team.

We need a new ownership group or a fuck ton of investors and honestly what billionaire would want to give that much money to build a stadium in Oakland with no return on investment, there won't be a Super Bowl played there or any big college bowl games. Doesn't make sense.
Uhh idk, maybe faith that Davis manages to figure out a way to acquire the money he needs? Or that Oakland can at least help out with some land?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Uhh idk, maybe faith that Davis manages to figure out a way to acquire the money he needs? Or that Oakland can at least help out with some land?
The money he needs would require he sells the team, he won't sell the team unless they grow from the least valued team in the league, he won't get that value up without a new stadium which can't happen unless he sells the team, you see the circle of retardedness in this situation?

Investors are a no go because every investment group that has pitched ideas to the city of Oakland have required $400 million+ of public funds.

The land he's asking for would require the Coliseum to be tore down. The A's have a 10 year lease at the Coliseum lol Davis is seriously a moron when he talks about this land. He wants 120 acres, the city is willing to let him develop on 60 acres. His investors for a stadium don't want to give him money unless he can get 120 acres because they want to develop restaurants, hotels, condos etc. around the stadium. So once again, another road block and Davis just shrugs it off and says "make it happen" like he actually holds some kind of leverage.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
The money he needs would require he sells the team, he won't sell the team unless they grow from the least valued team in the league, he won't get that value up without a new stadium which can't happen unless he sells the team, you see the circle of retardedness in this situation?

Investors are a no go because every investment group that has pitched ideas to the city of Oakland have required $400 million+ of public funds.

The land he's asking for would require the Coliseum to be tore down. The A's have a 10 year lease at the Coliseum lol Davis is seriously a moron when he talks about this land. He wants 120 acres, the city is willing to let him develop on 60 acres. His investors for a stadium don't want to give him money unless he can get 120 acres because they want to develop restaurants, hotels, condos etc. around the stadium. So once again, another road block and Davis just shrugs it off and says "make it happen" like he actually holds some kind of leverage.
Uhh isn't schaaf trying to sell the a's on Howard terminal right now? You're speaking as if things are set in stone when they totally aren't. There's time now with the raiders staying at the coliseum at least another year

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Uhh isn't schaaf trying to sell the a's on Howard terminal right now? You're speaking as if things are set in stone when they totally aren't. There's time now with the raiders staying at the coliseum at least another year
and if that deal gets done for a ballpark for the A's they would still have to play at the Coliseum for years, so how does a football stadium next door break ground unless Mark Davis accepts the 60 acre deal? If Mark Davis accepts the 60 acre deal how does he get money from investors who want 120 acres?

This shit with Oakland has been going on for over a decade. Faith is getting annoying at this point.

I'm being real, I've been a Raiders fan since 1987. Should I pretend and play make believe that we aren't a laughing stock?

We're at the bottom of the league in attendance. The fucking locker rooms at the stadium we play at spew sewage from the showers and toilets. We haven't had a winning season in 13 years because of our joke of an ownership group. Our team is the least valued franchise in the league.

But "herp derp I'm a "real fan" so I'm gonna pretend none of that is true derpy derp"

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
and if that deal gets done for a ballpark for the A's they would still have to play at the Coliseum for years, so how does a football stadium next door break ground unless Mark Davis accepts the 60 acre deal? If Mark Davis accepts the 60 acre deal how does he get money from investors who want 120 acres?

This shit with Oakland has been going on for over a decade. Faith is getting annoying at this point.

I'm being real, I've been a Raiders fan since 1987. Should I pretend and play make believe that we aren't a laughing stock?

We're at the bottom of the league in attendance. The fucking locker rooms at the stadium we play at spew sewage from the showers and toilets. We haven't had a winning season in 13 years because of our joke of an ownership group. Our team is the least valued franchise in the league.

But "herp derp I'm a "real fan" so I'm gonna pretend none of that is true derpy derp"
When the raiders reach a stadium deal in Oakland I'm totally gonna log on here and tell you that I told you so. The sky isn't falling man. You've worked yourself up a little too much. Have a little optimism, that was all I was trying to tell you lol, Jesus Christ

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
When the raiders reach a stadium deal in Oakland I'm totally gonna log on here and tell you that I told you so. The sky isn't falling man. You've worked yourself up a little too much. Have a little optimism, that was all I was trying to tell you lol, Jesus Christ
So you're going to say "I told you so" on something that is 50/50 lol you go Nostradamas lol

I ain't worked up at all, I'm chatting on an internet forum where this conversation doesn't cross my mind outside of this internet forum. What I am though is tired of Mark Davis and his retarded ass haircut and his posturing with the fans and the city of Oakland. Dude can fuck off. After 13 years of mediocrity he owes the fans a lot more then his self important coy interviews.

Like I said a few posts up, Mark Davis doesn't care about you, the fans, or the city of Oakland. All he cares about is getting free shit from other people without putting forth anything himself then dumping the team when it gains more value. Fuck that guy.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
So you're going to say "I told you so" on something that is 50/50 lol you go Nostradamas lol

I ain't worked up at all, I'm chatting on an internet forum where this conversation doesn't cross my mind outside of this internet forum. What I am though is tired of Mark Davis and his retarded ass haircut and his posturing with the fans and the city of Oakland. Dude can fuck off. After 13 years of mediocrity he owes the fans a lot more then his self important coy interviews.

Like I said a few posts up, Mark Davis doesn't care about you, the fans, or the city of Oakland. All he cares about is getting free shit from other people without putting forth anything himself then dumping the team when it gains more value. Fuck that guy.
I'm not sticking up for Davis, I'm sticking up for the dream of keeping the raiders in Oakland. He's a doucher for sure, but a lot of your shit talking is assuming he moves the team.

May 31, 2006
we better hope Mrs. Davis (Al's wife) lives as long as possible. Mark Davis would have to pay a fat ass team inheritance tax supposedly. then he really would have no choice and sell the team. i don't see them moving anywhere. too broke to move. they're guna stay in oakland somehow someway.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'm not sticking up for Davis, I'm sticking up for the dream of keeping the raiders in Oakland. He's a doucher for sure, but a lot of your shit talking is assuming he moves the team.
Also if it's 50/50 you should be way more optimistic lol
Are you not actually reading my posts that you're responding too? lol I would rather them move at this point, why would I be optimistic about Oakland? Oakland has been a disaster for the majority of their 20 years back.

we better hope Mrs. Davis (Al's wife) lives as long as possible. Mark Davis would have to pay a fat ass team inheritance tax supposedly. then he really would have no choice and sell the team. i don't see them moving anywhere. too broke to move. they're guna stay in oakland somehow someway.
They're saying if the Raiders chose to move to San Diego they would waive the $550 relocation fee. The NFL wants to keep the San Diego market, they don't care about Oakland, they already have the 49ers in the bay so they won't be completely losing a market if the Raiders leave.

They stay in Oakland if some investors step in and buy a massive stake in the team and the team uses that stake to close the gap in funding. Davis doesn't want that because he won't actually get any profit from it, that's why he's pushing public funding so hard.

Basically what it boils down to is stay in Oakland with a new stadium = Davis sells a huge chunk of the team or move to San Diego he doesn't have to sell.

I doubt the NFL will let them operate out of the Coliseum for another 10 years. It might get to the point the other owners vote Davis out and make him sell the team if they feel he doesn't have the funds to operate, kind of like what the MLB did to the Dodgers owner Frank McCourt.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Davis should quit being a whiney bitch and move in to Levi's Stadium. Very small fee that goes to the city of Santa Clara for leasing, brand new stadium, the poor city of Oakland don't have to go in to more debt. But no, Mark won't get concessions revenue so he's crying lol it's like who the fuck cares, he already don't get it at the Coliseum because the A's own the concessions.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Cause you're a raiders fan?
I grew up LOS ANGELES Raiders fan and I'm not from the Bay, sooooo.....lol

Shit has been a disaster since they moved back. From those "renovations" to the Coliseum that put the city of Oakland in to a 40 year debt to only having 3 winning seasons in the 21 years since they've been back.

3 winning seasons....21 years lol

I'm tired of the name Davis. I'm tired of hearing about this Stadium shit, this has been a discussion since they were in the Super Bowl in 2002 lol holy fuck it's getting ridiculous at this point. They've been at the bottom of attendance for YEARS. Maybe a change of scenery might fill up a stadium for once.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
I grew up LOS ANGELES Raiders fan and I'm not from the Bay, sooooo.....lol

Shit has been a disaster since they moved back. From those "renovations" to the Coliseum that put the city of Oakland in to a 40 year debt to only having 3 winning seasons in the 21 years since they've been back.

3 winning seasons....21 years lol

I'm tired of the name Davis. I'm tired of hearing about this Stadium shit, this has been a discussion since they were in the Super Bowl in 2002 lol holy fuck it's getting ridiculous at this point. They've been at the bottom of attendance for YEARS. Maybe a change of scenery might fill up a stadium for once.
I've lived my whole life in the Bay Area so I guess it's just different trains of thought for fans from different areas. Personally for me, it's Oakland or bust. The raiders are culturally entwined with the city of Oakland, and vice versa. It'd suck to see them leave again. Oakland is and always will be their home, even if they end up leaving.