** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VIKINGS 2008 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS thread **

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
In all truth, I want the Raiders to succeed, get to the Super Bowl, and make it a close game but lose... just so Raiders fans get excited and I can hear them harp about next year, only for next year to come and go with a 4-12 record

LOL

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I like the Vikings roster right now...they're a very solid team. I don't see them beating Dallas (if they can finally win a playoff game LOL) in the postseason, but I'd like them to.

But, besides Allen, who were these great addition that they made to make them so much better than the 8-8 record they had last year?

Best of luck to them, though...but I don't think Jackson is the answer at QB.

GO RAIDERS.

Jul 8, 2007
Chester Taylor is a starter on most NFL teams.... Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, solid one-two receivers and the rest of the receiving core is steady... O-line is set, D-line is monstrous, LB's are top-notch, and the additions in the secondary along with Winfield and Sharper are going to improve the pass defense... so yeah... I could elaborate further but I'm sticking by my statement.

you can say that about any other team. Hell you can say that about the niners if you wanted. you guys might win your division but sueprbowl? nawwwwwwwww

Nov 7, 2006
cowboys vs. saints NFC championship game
agree and no offense fresh but i got saints beating them. i just got that feeling with the saints this year. as for my pats they will take home the ring this year. we're better than we were so watch out. meriweather as our CB will suprise most but he'll easily fill asante's shoes, mark my words and if i'm wrong i'll eat the later. oh yeah and we beefed up our RB's.

Aug 9, 2006
i can go out on a limb ans say that adrians peterson production will slow down heavily.....im not going to say how much because i dont know but he will not have the same numbers of his break out season....teams will gameplan for him like no other RB in the leauge....jackson has to step it up and use to to his advantege....he has a solid (not great) group of WRs...they can get down field.....Tjackson has to get the ball down field

Nov 27, 2006
Vikings looked pretty damn good last night against the steelers. We didnt play jackson, berrian, rice, m. williams and we still dominated their first team. Our first team d-line destroyed their o-line time and time again. When the vikes get everyone healthy they gonna be damn good.

Nov 27, 2006
Vikings 41, Giants 17 | Manning intercepted 4 times

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Jeremy Shockey walked toward the exit Sunday and shrugged.

"It's the roller coaster, man," he said. "I like the roller coaster."

Shockey has been around the New York Giants enough to know about their roller-coaster rides, because they seem to happen every season, without fail: A team that seems to be going along at a solid, if unspectacular clip, only to go downhill at 200 miles per hour with no ability to stop itself from self-destructing.

"It's frustrating to play badly and shoot ourselves in the foot again," center Shaun O'Hara said. "We're running out of toes."

The Giants' 41-17 loss to the Vikings at Giants Stadium was an embarrassment for almost every Giant, Eli Manning most notably. He threw four interceptions for the second time in his career — and the second time against the Vikings — three of which were returned for touchdowns, the first time that's ever happened to a Giants quarterback.

The offensive line failed to protect Manning (21 for 49, 273 yards) well enough, and the Giants had only 75 yards rushing. The defense, which was barely on the field long enough to make an impact, gave up a 60-yard touchdown pass from Tarvaris Jackson to Sidney Rice on the second play from scrimmage of the game and let a few big plays get past them.

What the Giants (7-4) let slip was a chance to beat another sub-.500 team and get closer to locking up a playoff berth. Now, with five games left, they are still in good shape to get in, but what shape will they be in when they get there?

Tom Coughlin's playoff teams of the last two seasons have had success, but their failures seem to stand out more: getting run out of San Diego two seasons ago; losing to the Vikings on a punt return, kick return and interception return for touchdowns; going down 35-3 at the half in Seattle last season; looking hapless in Coughlin's return to Jacksonville and blowing a 21-point, fourth-quarter lead in Nashville, Tenn.

"I did not, in my worst moment, ever think I would be standing here talking about history repeating itself, but it did," Coughlin said. "In the NFL, you cannot wrap it up and hand it to the guy across the field."

The Giants marched right back down to tie the score in the first quarter, with Manning hitting his first three passes and Reuben Droughns, starting at running back in place of both Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) and Derrick Ward (groin), finding some running room against the league's best run defense and pounding in from the 1 to make it 7-7.

Within 15 minutes, however, the game was effectively over, thanks to the offense imploding. Manning dropped back to pass on third-and-seven from his 13 and found his favorite target in these Giants-Vikings games, Minnesota safety Darren Sharper, who took advantage of a misread by Manning to scoop up a low throw intended for Shockey, get up off the turf and run it back 20 yards for a score.

"A lot of weird stuff happens when we come to New York," said Sharper, who picked off Manning three times on Nov. 13, 2005. "We just kept pouring it on."

In the second quarter, Manning was intercepted by Dwight Smith. Chester Taylor (31 carries, 77 yards), playing for the injured Adrian Peterson, broke three tackles to score on the next play for a 21-7 Vikings lead and a shower of boos from the home crowd.

so last years team beat the super bowl champs, and the vikings are even better this year. So ya i think the vikings can get passed the giants.