** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VIKINGS 2008 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS thread **

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
don't even pay no mind to the meaningless loss to Seattle yesterday... I saw everything I needed to see.

Tarvaris showed massive growth in his decisiveness and effectiveness... he only threw one real bad pass (which wasn't close to being picked off), showed no problems handling the ball and making decisions on the fly... I LOVE the fact Childress let him throw the ball and prove himself instead of trying to work on the running game (which doesnt need to be worked on), I think they had one run in the first quarter...

Defense looked fine to me... Seattle was able to run because Pat Williams got the game off so they could evaluate his backups... pass defense was shorthanded, Madieu Williams was out with a minor injury...

Overall, the biggest question-mark going into the regular season is easily T-Jack, and whether or not he's capable of leading this team on offense... if he continues to improve upon what he showed yesterday, I think we could easily see 12-4 or 13-3 and a Bowl appearance....

Apr 25, 2002
I like how you guys brought Thomas Tapei home to the Twin Cities. I personally know one of his mentors, former Nebraska Cornhusker running back Von Shepherd, a middle school principle over on the east side of St. Paul, I've heard nothing but good things about him and it was nice to see him get a TD early in the ballgame.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
You really should update that banner in your sig. Maybe something like "Commitment to Washed Up Quarterbacks" or "Commitment to Shattering Dreams"
washed up quarterbacks???

hmmm... J. Russ is basically a rookie right now... do you know what "washed up" means???

damn you're hella dumb

Jul 8, 2007
lol the thread is a funny one. You should wait untill the season starts before you start making super bowl predictions. you think the vikings can go to he super bowl because you have one good run back with an average offense? it wont happen, and just because you got jared allen doesnt make you super bowl contenter yet

Jun 9, 2007
08-09... better? lol

washed up quarterbacks???

hmmm... J. Russ is basically a rookie right now... do you know what "washed up" means???

damn you're hella dumb
J. Russ is more unpolished than Tarvaris... He has alot to prove and he'll be lucky if he stays healthy all year and builds his confidence up for next year...

lol the thread is a funny one. You should wait untill the season starts before you start making super bowl predictions. you think the vikings can go to he super bowl because you have one good run back with an average offense? it wont happen, and just because you got jared allen doesnt make you super bowl contenter yet

Typical viewpoint of somebody on the outside just looking at the obvious... AP, Jared Allen... no, that's not all they have...

Chester Taylor is a starter on most NFL teams.... Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, solid one-two receivers and the rest of the receiving core is steady... O-line is set, D-line is monstrous, LB's are top-notch, and the additions in the secondary along with Winfield and Sharper are going to improve the pass defense... so yeah... I could elaborate further but I'm sticking by my statement.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
J. Russ is more unpolished than Tarvaris... He has alot to prove and he'll be lucky if he stays healthy all year and builds his confidence up for next year...
ok... so that means he's washed up???

I'll ask you again... do you know what washed up means?

most QB's that come into the league are unpolished and need a little time to develop

washed up means they're old and past their prime...

complete opposite of a QB about to start his second season... and his first season actually starting...

Jun 9, 2007
ok... so that means he's washed up???

I'll ask you again... do you know what washed up means?

most QB's that come into the league are unpolished and need a little time to develop

washed up means they're old and past their prime...

complete opposite of a QB about to start his second season... and his first season actually starting...
I wasn't referring to J. Russ being washed up.. that's gonna take 3-4 years of being subjected to the Raiders.... give it some time..

But the Raiders past track record speaks for itself :)