Official GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2008-09 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
Crawful is trash.

Dude is fuckin soft, one dimensional, no D, wildly inconsistant, overpaid and has no clue how to run a team at PG.
Yes to this.

Id trade Maggette for Howard in a second but you can leave the rest of those guys out of the trade.
No to this unless you end up with some proven offensive punch off of the bench. I understand the Maggette health concerns but, he averaged 19 & 6 off the bench and consistently gets the other team into foul trouble. That's a tough role to fill

Apr 25, 2002
I understand the Maggette health concerns but, he averaged 19 & 6 off the bench and consistently gets the other team into foul trouble. That's a tough role to fill
Thats about the only good thing about him though.
Howard is a better all around player and to me it would be a no brainer who I would rather have on my team.

Nov 5, 2004
They are fuckin stupid if they let jamal go.......Get rid of nelly and those ugly uniforms then get avery jhonson.....Trade ellis and maggette for josh howard and that mexican Barera, he can ball......Get rid of Belineli........

C Beidrens
PF Randolph
SF Howard
SG Jackson
PG Crawford Fuck all that run up and down shit....its not gonna win a championship......Set up an offense and the wins will come.....
Not only would that be the dumbest trade in the history of sports, their salaries would be nowhere near matching.

Fail.

May 10, 2002
Thats about the only good thing about him though.
But ... that's what you have him for. Plus he has a rep in the league and gets calls. You need that

Howard is a better all around player and to me it would be a no brainer who I would rather have on my team.
Would you start him? Who are you bringing off the bench then? Buike?

Naaaaaaaahhhh

Aug 13, 2005
from ESPN

Sources: Team sends letter to Ellis

The Golden State Warriors have formally relinquished the right to impose further sanctions against guard Monta Ellis for an ankle injury Ellis suffered in an offseason mo-ped accident, sources told ESPN.com.

The Warriors have maintained for weeks that their satisfaction with Ellis' recovery from ankle surgery had been clearly stated to the 22-year-old and agent Jeff Fried, but sources close to the process revealed Tuesday that Fried has been presented with a letter from the club to close the matter in writing, confirming that Golden State will not seek any additional penalties against Ellis.

Golden State did not comment beyond confirming the existence of the letter through a club spokesman. Neither Ellis nor Fried could be immediately reached for comment.

In October, Ellis was suspended without pay by the Warriors for 30 games -- costing him nearly $3 million in salary -- as punishment for partaking in an activity that violates the NBA's uniform player contract and then initially telling the Warriors that he suffered his injuries playing pickup basketball in his native Mississippi.

Ellis' mo-ped ride came about a month after he received one of the biggest pay raises in league history, signing a new six-year deal worth $66 million in late July after playing for a mere $770,610 in 2007-08 to complete the three-year deal he received as a second-round pick in 2005.

The Warriors were criticized for the severity of the punishment and its possible long-term effect on Ellis' psyche but insisted that the suspension without pay was justified because Ellis was being docked for games he had no chance of playing in because of the rehabilitation time involved.

Although Ellis ultimately didn't make his season debut until Jan. 23 -- missing an additional 17 games after the suspension was lifted -- and wound up appearing in only 25 games this season, Warriors coach Don Nelson has gushed about Ellis' progress, insisting that he plans to start him at point guard next season even though the club announced Friday that it was shelving Ellis for the remainder of the season because of a bone bruise and inflammation in the surgically repaired ankle.

"He's gotten himself back to where he's ... the same player that we had before, and that's the most important thing," Nelson told Bay Area reporters Friday.

In a recent conversation with ESPN.com about the Warriors' slump from 48-34 last season to 29-52 this season, Nelson said: "To me it's so simple. We lost Monta for [an extended period] and we knew it would be a down year without Baron [Davis] in the first place. But we had no chance without Monta. So here we are suffering this bad year, but the bottom line is with a healthy Monta -- and it looks like that ankle is going to be healthy -- we're not that far away. We like the team."

Ellis averaged 19.0 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists in the 25 games that he played in. Nelson's plan is to shift Stephen Jackson to shooting guard alongside Ellis next season, with two options at each of the frontcourt positions: Corey Maggette and Kelenna Azubuike at small forward, Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright at power forward and Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf at center.

Yet it's believed that the Warriors -- with a growing cache of trade assets that also includes sharpshooter Anthony Morrow and backup point guard C.J. Watson -- will also be active on the trade market this offseason. Sources indicate that Toronto's Chris Bosh and Utah's Carlos Boozer are among the veterans Golden State will be tracking should either become available via trade.

The Warriors maintained from the start that they were not intent on holding the threat of voiding the contract over Ellis but merely protecting club interests, until they had hard evidence that Ellis would fully recover from his high ankle sprain and torn deltoid ligament in his left ankle. The team does not appear to be concerned about Ellis' latest discomfort, saying that the bone bruise and inflammation is on the opposite side of the ankle than where the injury was initially suffered.

The Warriors also appear to have quieted fears that the initial suspension would inflict lasting damage to the relationship between the team and Ellis' camp, as Fried was in Oakland with team officials on Tuesday to help promote a super middleweight boxing match that the Warriors are helping to stage at Oracle Arena in May featuring local favorite Andre Ward. The 2004 Olympic gold medalist is close with Ellis and is likewise represented by Fried.

Because Ellis sustained his injuries by taking part in non-basketball activities prohibited in his contract, Golden State theoretically could have sought to void the $66 million deal it gave Ellis on July 24. The Warriors, though, insist that pursuing that option was always a highly unlikely scenario unless there was evidence that Ellis -- who became one of the faces of the club's rebuilding effort in the wake of Davis' free-agent defection to the Los Angeles Clippers -- had suffered career-threatening damage.

The episode, however, is regarded as the genesis of the steady fade from prominence this season for Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin, who is in the final season of his contract and widely expected to leave the club when his deal expires June 30.

Upon announcing the suspension on Oct. 11, Warriors president Robert Rowell was asked about published reports suggesting that Mullin told Warriors owner Chris Cohan that he did not want to hit Ellis with such a substantial suspension without pay and confirmed that there had been a disagreement with Mullin over how to punish Ellis.

The Warriors are expected to conduct a search for a new general manager this summer, with Nelson -- who received a two-year coaching extension worth $12 million in October -- insisting that he has no interest in doing both jobs. Larry Riley, one of Nelson's closest associates, has been the point man in Golden State's front office for much of the season after he was moved from the Warriors' bench to the front office as assistant general manager in November to replace Mullin aide Pete D'Alessandro.

Apr 25, 2002
Warriors already have plenty of guys that can come off the bench and score. Maybe not at the rate or fashion that Maggette can but Id just like to see Nelson use a bigger rotation when the roster is healthy next season. W's have had 7 different players to score 30+ points this season, thats tied with the Knicks for most.

Sep 4, 2002
^^They're fucking injured you dipshit. When the Blazers get dumped out the first round of the playoffs this year, you'll realize that aside from professional basketball you're still from a useless backwoods boring ass part of the country
and you guys are from the most openly flaming gay part of the country... your point?

Sep 4, 2002
hahaha not ONE person in here gives a shit about the Blazers so theres really no point in talking about them in a Warriors thread. And from reading your post YOU really sound like a "pussy-no-knowledge-about-basketball fan" when mentioning the Warriors cuz i know damn well you havent followed the Warriors since the season started. you say the Warriors cant play defense...we already knew that we werent strong defensively. so if you are trying to talk shit...come in here with something we dont already know. and IF you were really smart with NBA basketball then you should know that injuries can play a big part when trying to win games. also, if you were NBA smart you would have known that Warriors lost a good handful of close games to some good teams so to say a HEALTHY Warriors team wont be able to beat out teams 1-9 just makes it clear that you are a "pussy-no-knowledge-about-basketball fan" because NOBODY has seen ONE game where they ALL played together.

so with that said...GTFOH for trying to sound smarter and better than us Warrior fans.
uhh, trust me, us blazers fans know about our fair share about injuries... missing our 1st pick ALL of last year, and still going .500 as the youngest team in the league. in arguably the most competitive conference in NBA history last year???

or how about our starting SF from the last year ALL this year and still kickin the shit outta teams.(as the 2nd youngest team in the league)

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Crawful is trash.

Dude is fuckin soft, one dimensional, no D, wildly inconsistant, overpaid and has no clue how to run a team at PG.

Id trade Maggette for Howard in a second but you can leave the rest of those guys out of the trade.
Crawford is far from trash........He can run the point if someone will give him a chance to.....And im not talking no run and gun point either....

Apr 25, 2002
Crawford is far from trash........He can run the point if someone will give him a chance to.....And im not talking no run and gun point either....
His decision making and passing skills are average at best. Its not like the W's are his first team either, he's been given plenty opportunities elsewhere.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
uhh, trust me, us blazers fans know about our fair share about injuries... missing our 1st pick ALL of last year, and still going .500 as the youngest team in the league. in arguably the most competitive conference in NBA history last year???

or how about our starting SF from the last year ALL this year and still kickin the shit outta teams.(as the 2nd youngest team in the league)
again, you sound like a dumb "pussy-no-knowledge-about-basketball fan". you say the Blazers had ONE injury last year and ONE injury this year and still play good. well the Warriors had MULTIPLE injuries and most of them being starting players. from watching each player, i think they would have done a lil better if everybody was healthy. would they be a championship team? NO. a playoff team? with the amount of close-games...possibly.

Jan 18, 2006
I really dont have a problem with you Blazer fans but stay the fuck out this thread if your only gonna bring negative shit. I would say Crawford is a above average point guard but hes not the best shooter and nothing about his game amazes me. He is kinda soft and doesnt get many rebounds or steals.

Aug 7, 2003
average season by the warriors. too many injuries. season showed we got some players in morrow, randolph and turiaf. azubuike and cj watson raised their trade value. hopefully crawford will opt out or we might get stuck with getting some wack ass contracts back.

anyways,

cant wait for the draft lottery. lets go warriors!! number 1 pick!!