**Official AMC show "The Walking Dead" Thread - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
i'm guessing not too many people will agree with me here, but the shows kinda fizzled out after the first episode..

its had a bit of bad acting & dialogue (more the former than the latter, i guess), & hasn't been quite as cinematic as it was in the beginning.

that scene on the boat that opened sunday's episode was fucking horrible.

don't get me wrong, i'm still gonna watch the rest of the season. i just hope it picks up.

Apr 11, 2007
"im gonna chop up your boy. im gonna feed him to my dogs. theyre the evilest, nastiest man-eating bitches you ever saw. i picked them up from satan at a yard sale."

lol

Aug 16, 2003
I searched for images on google and saw a comic cover that exposed a twist in the story.....meh.....
Its hard to tell what there gonna do. They already changed it up from the comic...but if you read them then you'll get an idea of where there probably gonna move things from here.
so wait, im two episodes in. if i wanted could i read the comic and ruin it?
You might get an idea but at this point theyve added a few more new characters then have show up in the comic at this point. I dont think you'll spoil it all together but you might get a better understanding of some of the characters.

Sep 29, 2003
i'm guessing not too many people will agree with me here, but the shows kinda fizzled out after the first episode..

its had a bit of bad acting & dialogue (more the former than the latter, i guess), & hasn't been quite as cinematic as it was in the beginning.

that scene on the boat that opened sunday's episode was fucking horrible.

don't get me wrong, i'm still gonna watch the rest of the season. i just hope it picks up.
agree 100% bro....that scene was like a made-for-TV, straight-to-DVD movie type scene (even though that scene made complete sense when the younger broad kicked the bucket).....BUT its still better than 99% of the garbage on TV right now...this is right behind Boardwalk Empire for sure...

Sep 29, 2003
it was rather uneventful but i think it helped to build the storyline. I think there was a foreshadowing there when the old man with the beard was talking to the young lady. Perhaps he may risk/sacrifice himself to save her in the future?

Feb 3, 2006
I still believe the redneck's brother packed up the zombies in the truck somehow and dropped them off at the camp. I don't know about the whole CDC angle yet we will see how that develops. I know that the CDC guy is already infection because of the dumb shit he did in the lab. Where's the black man and his son?? All in all good show. I just wish it was on HBO so it could be more graphic. I'm a sucker for gory and zombies..

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
As the celebrated first season of AMC’s series The Walking Dead comes to an end this Sunday, so do the jobs of the entire writing staff.

Creditable rumors are beginning to spread throughout television’s milieu that Frank Darabont has fired the entire writing staff of television’s popular zombie-apocalyptic drama, which includes executive producer Charles Eglee.

On top of that, it is believed that Darabont’s intentions are not to replace the writing staff for the already announced second season, but to assign scripts to freelance writers instead. While this may sound like a shocking decision to fans of the series, this is not something new in the world of television.

On BBC’s Torchwood and the continuing Torchwood on Starz, they have been and will continue to forgo the typical staff writers and use freelance writers instead. In addition, the writing staff of any series will often see a fair amount of writer turnover between seasons. While that rarely leads to an entire staff replacement, Darabont appears to have extremely justifiable reasons to do so.

Out of the six episodes that will make up the first season of The Walking Dead, Darabont ended up writing two himself, while also co-writing/rewriting the remaining four. In comparison, the writing staff was only responsible for two episodes this season – but still with Darabont in the lead chair. The remaining two episodes were written by non-staff writers. One was by The Walking Dead comic creator Robert Kirkman and the other by former The Shield writer Glen Mazzara.

Such a dramatic move lends itself to the notion that Darabont, while already having a hands-on approach with the series, is going to continue to be heavily-involved throughout the second season. And with Darabont writing entire episodes himself and co-writing/re-writing the remaining episodes, it appears that a full-time writing staff has become an unnecessary expense for a cable series that already has high production costs.

Of course, any major changes to a popular television series will have fans questioning how it will impact any future season. With the source material already written, the resulting plot-outlines have been somewhat laid for whomever will take on writing the episode. Unfortunately for Darabont, but fortunately for the fans, the second season of The Walking Dead will be comprised of 13 episodes, instead of the first season’s 6. So, while Darabont has played a major part in each episode so far, it will make production on the season season much harder overall.

Although, with almost an entire year before The Walking Dead season 2 is expected to premiere in October 2011, they most certainly have the time needed to pull it off.

While no final decision has been made yet on whether The Walking Dead will continue without a writing staff, go completely freelance or a mixture of the two, AMC and Darabont are keeping their options open.
http://screenrant.com/the-walking-dead-fires-writers-aco-89980/

Jun 9, 2007
I still believe the redneck's brother packed up the zombies in the truck somehow and dropped them off at the camp.
I told my wife the same thing when we were watching that. BTW there's a quick part in that scene where one of the survivors swings at one of the zombies, misses it by a good 3 feet, and the zombie still goes flying back as if hit... I had to laugh.

anyway, I just got into this earlier this week, missed the newest episode & it's not on fucking DirecTV's on demand yet... but definitely one of the better shows on TV right now.

Jun 9, 2007
Nobody has anything to say about the season finale? I thought it was great, but I hate the fact I have to wait so long to see where it's going next.. and what exactly was whispered to Rick.

Dec 4, 2006
Nobody has anything to say about the season finale? I thought it was great, but I hate the fact I have to wait so long to see where it's going next.. and what exactly was whispered to Rick.

it was cool..

and I was wondering about that shit too..

i hella wanna know what he whispered to him..

probably some shit like .."that fool is fucking your wife" ha ha

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
That is the big secret we have to wait to find out, could be something about curing the disease or somewhere to go that is safe, fuck who knows?

Overall I would say the last episode was kind of lack luster, but by no means bad. It was more or less this is what is going on with the zombies all the while building tension as the clock in the control room clocked down. I look forward to the next season and it will be interesting to see what direction they take the show.