Official 2014 Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I don't know how I feel about this from a personal fan perspective lol I remember watching that Monday Night Football game live when I was 11 when Ken Norton Jr. twisted Napoleon McCallum's knee the wrong way and ended his career. That shit was brutal lol

From a coaching perspective though great pick up. Can't deny what Seattle's D has done for the past couple years. He'll be great for developing Khalil Mack and Sio Moore.

Props: Defy and Defy

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Rod Woodson joins Raiders staff
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

New Oakland Raiders head coach Jack Del Rio completed his 2015 coaching staff Monday. Highlighting the last additions is the hiring of Pro Football Hall of Famer Rod Woodson as the team's assistant defensive backs coach.

Woodson coached Oakland's cornerbacks in 2011 and was a Bill Walsh Minority Coaching Fellowship Program intern with the Denver Broncos during the 2014 offseason. Del Rio was Denver's defensive coordinator at the time.

Woodson also played for the Raiders, having spent the final two of his 17-year career as a star defensive back in Oakland before he retired after the 2003 season. The other new coaches are Sam Ammo, defensive assistant; Joe Gomes, head strength and conditioning; Darryl Eto, assistant strength and conditioning; Tim Holt, assistant offensive line; Nick Holz, quality control-offense; Kevin Kijowski, strength and conditioning assistant; Wesley Miller, strength and conditioning assistant; Jake Peetz, senior conditioning assistant; Travis Smith, quality control-defense; Brent Vieselmeyer, assistant linebackers.

Vieselmeyer coached Del Rio's son, Luke, at Valor Christian High School in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. The coaches who Del Rio previously hired are: Bill Musgrave, offensive coordinator; Ken Norton Jr., defensive coordinator; Mike Tice, offensive line; Brad Seely, special teams; Marcus Robertson, secondary, Todd Downing, quarterbacks; Sal Sunseri, linebackers; Bobby Johnson, tight ends; Bernie Parmalee, running backs; Rob Moore, wide receivers; Tracy Smith, assistant special teams; Tim Holt, assistant offensive line; Jethro Franklin, defensive line.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12303216/rod-woodson-joins-jack-del-rio-oakland-raiders-staff

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
I heard back in the day that the Raiders picked up NFL legend Matt Giordano in 2011 partly due to the urging of their at-the-time coach, Rod Woodson. Stoked to see him back in the silver and black, can't wait for him to develop the next stuart schweigert

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
cooper will singlehandedly turn around their receiving corps, he's already more NFL ready than butler or holmes, although i still think they're capable of rounding out depth at the reciever position. brown and streater have some potential too, i'd like to see them grab a te in the second or third rounds personally, they haven't had a consistently reliable tight end since doug goddamn jolley

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
cooper will singlehandedly turn around their receiving corps, he's already more NFL ready than butler or holmes, although i still think they're capable of rounding out depth at the reciever position. brown and streater have some potential too, i'd like to see them grab a te in the second or third rounds personally, they haven't had a consistently reliable tight end since doug goddamn jolley
miss those Zack Miller Doug Jolly Days