non-white spider-man?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Spidey could definitely be black. He was an orphan who grew up in a bad area in New York city and then his uncle got gunned down. Then he got bit by a spider and figured he'd start patrolling the streets. And he has a mask on, so everybody probably thinks he's white anyways. And if you need a nerdy black scientist to play him, Jaleel White probably doesn't have shit to do:

Or, wait, actually, I just realized, they already did a movie with the plot of Spiderman using a black guy:

The bigger question is, what color would Mary Jane be? If you're gonna keep her white, then you gotta deal with some interracial dating questions or else it'll be the elephant in the room. If you're gonna make her black, you still gotta keep her hair red, because that is central to the story:

Either way, Michael Keaton is the one true Batman.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Jan 28, 2005
it would be different having a black Spiderman. I wouldn't say good/bad, but different. I think they should somehow work Morgan Freeman into the movie, just because I like seeing the guy in as many movies as possible. Give him a role.

LOL @ casting a black Mary Jane though... motherfuckers would come outta the wood work calling that racist. Not that I'm against it. I'm actually for it, given my higher than usual attraction to dark skinned girls (as opposed to typical white men). I say make it happen. At first I was like "well, you don't do that because... Spiderman simply is not black." Then again you got Tom Cruise playing the Last Samurai and Jake G. being the Prince of Persia. Every Jasmine you run into at a Disney park is some overly tan Italian girl. Fuck it. The director/studio is taking a risk with changing something so traditional in the film, but if they're willing to take it- I'm willing to believe its going to benefit the movie.