No Spiderman 4 w/ Sam Raimi or Tobey Maguire. They will recast and reboot the film.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
fucking money huyngry fucks ruining my childhood.

oh well, i can honestly say i didnt like them, wasnt spiderery enough for me. tobey, eh. raimi, eh. dunst, fucking pow that was off.

number two was the best and that was mediocre at best

Feb 7, 2006
Spiderman isn't batman, he isn't superman, spawn or punisher. I don't want to see no human side, let's be serious and copy dark knight bullshit. Just make it a good action flick, that's all I need from Spiderman. Now all super heros have to go to the psychiatrist...lol.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
but spider-man was different then every other super hero in that he was made more human. he had problems and his decisions always affected his personal life. captain stacy, aunt may, his clone parents. all that sht

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
oh jesus. I wonder who they're gonna cast for this 1.

I actually like the spiderman series. me and my boys watch the one of the 3 movies at least once a week.

out of all the franchises the should have just stopped this one.

or made part 4 with KINGPIN
with this being kingpin....
lol

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Spiderman isn't batman, he isn't superman, spawn or punisher. I don't want to see no human side, let's be serious and copy dark knight bullshit. Just make it a good action flick, that's all I need from Spiderman. Now all super heros have to go to the psychiatrist...lol.
Didn't you ever hear Stan Lee's speech in Mallrats?

STAN LEE: I like that sort of thing. Tell me, do you have a girlfriend,
brodie?

BRODY: Had one. We just broke up. The Thing! Is his dork made of orange rock like the rest of his body?

STAN LEE: [ Chuckles ] it's a superhero's secret. Tell me, brodie. Why
did you and your girlfriend break up?

BRODY: She was a pain in the ass. She wanted me to be this typical
boyfriend guy. Said I was too into my own world of comics and all.

STAN LEE: Yeah, I can relate. There was a time when it was all about
comics for me. I had a girl, probably the same as yours. She always
complained that I spent too much time with my own comics. And,
eventually, we broke up.

BRODY: See? What did she know? Here you are now, a legend in the field.
Probably had a slew of women since her. Am I right?

STAN LEE: Oh, lots of women. Jagger and me, we had a running contest to
see who had the most. Matter of fact, last time I looked, I was way
ahead.

BRODY: Damn, that's hot!

STAN LEE: But I never forgot that girl.

BRODY: Did you ever get back together?

STAN LEE: One day, I found out she got married. I had blown it. I had,
uh... Missed my window.

BODY: No way. Well, what'd you do?

STAN LEE: I went on with my life. I created some special new
superheroes. They were characters that reflected my own heartbreak and
my own regrets.

BRODY: How so?

STAN LEE: Doctor doom wears body armor... To conceal his own mangled
form, right?

BRODY: Yeah.

STAN LEE: Okay. That was me beneath the armor. The hulk-- a normal guy
one minute, a rage of emotions the next. Just like me when I thought
about what I'd given up.

BRODY: So you created each character as a way to deal with your one big
regret.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
watch those batman again, they grew on me. thats how comics were in those time. fake as fuck. granted things changed, the times got more dark and serious to reflect our society, but looking back they werent that bad

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Yesterday, Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios confirmed that (500) Days of Summer helmer Marc Webb is going to direct the Spider-Man reboot. In reporting on the news, the Risky Business blog has some possible more details on the project:

Webb, who has options on two sequels, will now tackle a Jamie Vanderbilt script that sees a “Spider-Man” movie that will look and feel very different from the big movies that went before it.

The plan for the movie is to be in the $80 million range and feature a cast of relative unknowns (so you can quash those Rob Pattinson or Gordon-Levitt rumors at this point). And the story will be pared down to center on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it.

The touchstone for the new movie will not be the 1960s comics, which were the inspiration behind the movies by Raimi, who grew on up on them, but rather this past decade’s “Ultimate Spider-Man” comics by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley where the villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst.

Please keep in mind that none of this is confirmed and we may not know for sure until closer to release. Stay tuned for more announcements as they come in...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=9001

Dec 7, 2005
Yesterday, Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios confirmed that (500) Days of Summer helmer Marc Webb is going to direct the Spider-Man reboot. In reporting on the news, the Risky Business blog has some possible more details on the project:

Webb, who has options on two sequels, will now tackle a Jamie Vanderbilt script that sees a “Spider-Man” movie that will look and feel very different from the big movies that went before it.

The plan for the movie is to be in the $80 million range and feature a cast of relative unknowns (so you can quash those Rob Pattinson or Gordon-Levitt rumors at this point). And the story will be pared down to center on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it.

The touchstone for the new movie will not be the 1960s comics, which were the inspiration behind the movies by Raimi, who grew on up on them, but rather this past decade’s “Ultimate Spider-Man” comics by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley where the villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst.

Please keep in mind that none of this is confirmed and we may not know for sure until closer to release. Stay tuned for more announcements as they come in...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=9001
THE NEXT SPIDERMAN SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE GAYER THAN THE LAST

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Did I just read that villain fighting is taking a back seat to high school angst???? wtf is this Dawson's Creek Marvel style or something?

fuck this movie and fuck Marvel for making this movie.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Sony is making the movie not Disney.
i know, i'm saying about disneys recent acquisition of marvel. maybe marvel stepped up with disney behind it and said, i want a new movie. maybe disney doesnt see any money in the old spidey movies and they want a piece so rebooting it the only way

Apr 25, 2002
i know, i'm saying about disneys recent acquisition of marvel. maybe marvel stepped up with disney behind it and said, i want a new movie. maybe disney doesnt see any money in the old spidey movies and they want a piece so rebooting it the only way

Sony only has the rights to the spiderman franchise for a set amount of time before the full rights revert back to marvel. They need to keep pushing out movies to keep making money.

They were pushing hard for the May 2011 deadline and this put too much of a strangle on the creative process and those involved Raimi/Maguire weren't pleased with the way it was going (script/rushed production/etc) and wanted to overcome what happened with 3 and that wouldn't have been possible in their opinion with the 2011 deadline. They opted out.

Sony can’t let a cash cow like spiderman sit and expire so they are going forward to try and make more money.

. . . .