No Spiderman 4 w/ Sam Raimi or Tobey Maguire. They will recast and reboot the film.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Culver City, CA (January 11, 2010) -- Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.
Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the Spider-Man franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

“A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three Spider-Man films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We’re very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning,” said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

“Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job,” said Sam Raimi.

“We have had a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration and friendship with Sam and Tobey and they have given us their best for the better part of the last decade. This is a bittersweet moment for us because while it is hard to imagine Spider-Man in anyone else’s hands, I know that this was a day that was inevitable,” said Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures, who has served as the studio’s chief production executive since the beginning of the franchise. “Now everything begins anew, and that’s got us all tremendously excited about what comes next. Under the continuing supervision of Avi and Laura, we have a clear vision for the future of Spider-Man and can’t wait to share this exciting new direction with audiences in 2012.”

"Spider-Man will always be an important franchise for Sony Pictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we all take very seriously," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures. "We have always believed that story comes first and story guides the direction of these films and as we move onto the next chapter, we will stay true to that principle and will do so with the highest respect for the source material and the fans and moviegoers who deserve nothing but the best when it comes to bringing these stories and characters to life on the big screen."

Nov 14, 2002
It's a mistake to try something new with a franchise like that. I can see where they're coming from when you look at movies like Batman and Superman. But Spiderman never made a "holy shit this is terrible" movie.

I honestly haven't seen them... Maybe parts of the second one, but from what I understand they're good to the people who enjoy Spiderman.

Blame Dark Knight.

Someone like me might appreciate it, because I wasn't at all into the first few films, but I'm in the minority.

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah Spiderman 3 was terrible, you could just tell that none of the actors gave a shit. I think its too soon to remake Spiderman, go fix the Superman franchise. That Superman movie sucked, they need to remake that like they did the Hulk movie.

Jan 5, 2010
im disappointed.. Are they still going to call it Spidey 4 b/c it sounds like a reboot to me... Yes, spidey 3 sucked.. but they could have tried to finish with a good movie before they closed the series.. I mean, there are so many possibilities and directions with spiderman... O well, good luck finding someone nerdier than toby.. he was a great peter parker

Jan 5, 2010
think thats scheduled for 2012 but they kept rewriting it and Disney has since taken over.. Marvel is more focused on getting into Avengers, so i wouldnt expect much from any of these other movies, besdies Wolverine 2.

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Spider-Man 3 fucked off my most favorite character and namesake VENOM. I can never forgive that. VENOM should have had his own fucking movie. And the fact that Sam Rami was biased against the character anyway fucked that whole movie up.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Spiderman has the lamest villains, and Sam Raimi picked the shittiest ones:
-Green Goblin = fucking lame
-Sandman = fucking lame
-Doctor Octopus = fucking lame
-Dr. Conners set up for Lizard = fucking lame
-Venom as Topher Grace = fucking lame

Spiderman in high school pretty much guarantees that Carnage isn't in the movie.

They'll probably stay with gay ass villains and put in Mysterio.

Dec 7, 2005
^^^^ HAVE YOU SEEN THE DC COMIC VILLAINS?

VENOM said:
Spider-Man 3 fucked off my most favorite character and namesake VENOM. I can never forgive that. VENOM should have had his own fucking movie. And the fact that Sam Rami was biased against the character anyway fucked that whole movie up
YUP, FUCK SAM RAMI FOR HATING ON VENOM AND HAVING A HARD ON FOR SANDMAN.

Sep 29, 2003
I saw tobey maguire on a Late Night tv show (cant remember which host) and he was asked about Spiderman 4, and was hesitating like he couldn't come up with an immediate response, I figured something was up.....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
they probably doing this because of the avengers film in the works, also now that disney is at the helm that may have had a part in it

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
oh jesus. I wonder who they're gonna cast for this 1.

I actually like the spiderman series. me and my boys watch the one of the 3 movies at least once a week.

out of all the franchises the should have just stopped this one.

or made part 4 with KINGPIN

Stealth

May 8, 2002
^^^^ HAVE YOU SEEN THE DC COMIC VILLAINS?
When I was a kid, I probably spent a few thousand on comic books and none of that money ever went to DC. I pretty much just fucked with X-Men and Gen13.

I always thought Superman and Batman and Spiderman villains were all pretty goddamn weak considering how popular they were. At least DC stepped it up with Darkside and Bane and some other badasses eventually.

Apr 25, 2002
they probably doing this because of the avengers film in the works, also now that disney is at the helm that may have had a part in it
Sony only has the rights to the spiderman franchise for a set amount of time before the full rights revert back to marvel. They need to keep pushing out movies to keep making money.

They were pushing hard for the May 2011 deadline and this put too much of a strangle on the creative process and those involved Raimi/Maguire weren't pleased with the way it was going (script/rushed production/etc) and wanted to overcome what happened with 3 and that wouldn't have been possible in their opinion with the 2011 deadline. They opted out.

Sony can’t let a cash cow like spiderman sit and expire so they are going forward to try and make more money.