NO FOOTBALL SEASON THIS YEAR....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
they are saying on NFL.com that they might have a lockout
like mooreblock said... a lockout doesn't necessarily the season will be cancelled... and even if it did... just because nfl.com says there "might" be a lockout... doesn't mean there's a 90% chance there will be

"might" could mean 25%, 10%, 50%, 70% etc... it just means there is some chance of it happeneing

my point is, we may or may not have a season... none of us know

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
for the people who are siding with the owners... what do you have to say about them not being willing to reveal their financial statements

I believe the NFLPA said they would agree the owners proposition if they presented the necessary financial statements, but the owners weren't willing to do that

Aug 9, 2006
for the people who are siding with the owners... what do you have to say about them not being willing to reveal their financial statements

I believe the NFLPA said they would agree the owners proposition if they presented the necessary financial statements, but the owners weren't willing to do that
i dont find it necessary, its no suprise to anyone that these owners are stinky rich billionaires , but think of it this way, NFL owners foot the bill for everything football related and not football related...

Food, Equipment, Hotels, Coaches, Drs, Transportation, ETC ETC ETC, what other company can say they do that for thier employees? not many, on top of that nfl players get paid more then the avg american will i thier life time and on top of that 99 out of a 100 of em get a free pass to a college, usually of thier choice....

most fans are on the side of the players and i understand why, they are pushing the sympathy vote real hard right now, i dont sympathize with people that are so lucky to catch good breaks in life and beg for more like they are automatically entitled, FUCK THAT

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com

what would your boss say if you asked to see the financial statements of the company? prolly fuck off right.. point blank the owners are not opening those books. This guy demaurice smith really pisses me off, fucking snake in the grass lawyer

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
what would your boss say if you asked to see the financial statements of the company? prolly fuck off right.. point blank the owners are not opening those books. This guy demaurice smith really pisses me off, fucking snake in the grass lawyer
it would be kinda weird if I did that

but if I worked in a union, and the union rep was fighting to get us higher wages it would not be weird for them to ask to see financial statements... and there's a good chance that the company would provide them

you can't compare a single individual trying to get more money to this situation, because it's a union

and this happens with unions all the fucking time

Feb 2, 2006
theres talk of the cba deadline expiring next week and the whole season being cancelled smh...smh @ the rich bastard owners who r gonna get paid when the 2011 season gets cancelled...the players should save their money because the average career is like 3.5 years or something....they dont need to buy these 15000 square foot mansions with a $100000 monthly mortgage payment

Feb 14, 2004
Potential NFL rookie is latest to sue league

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A would-be NFL rookie is the latest person to join the players’ attempt to stop the league’s lockout.

Former Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Garrett Andrews sued the NFL and its individual teams Tuesday in federal court in Minnesota, alleging the league violated antitrust laws and created an anticompetitive market.

Andrews, who played for the Blue Raiders the past two seasons, claims he is eligible for the draft and the lockout is causing him harm. His lawsuit seeks class-action status.

It’s the third antitrust lawsuit filed since labor talks broke down on March 11. Several players and retirees have filed similar claims, and a hearing is set for Wednesday morning on their requests to halt the lockout.

The league says it has the right to keep players from working and says the court must wait until the National Labor Relations Board rules on its claim that the players didn’t negotiate in good faith.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmE1O3Uhd9HeeWyw88yrbVBDubYF?slug=ap-nfllabor-antitrust