NO FOOTBALL SEASON THIS YEAR....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Hopefully it fucks up the NFL, and more than one established league can rise from the ashes. There are too many great players out right now, for there to be only one major league here in the US, in any sport.
hopefully not

there's a reason NFL is number 1... the NFL shits on every other established league out there

Mar 9, 2011
I blame this on the players...as if 5 mil a season isn't enough money. They're employees within an organization - $hit flows down and money flows up. That's just how it works.

But don't worry...there is still HOCKEY!! LOL

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I blame this on the players...as if 5 mil a season isn't enough money. They're employees within an organization - $hit flows down and money flows up. That's just how it works.

But don't worry...there is still HOCKEY!! LOL
why would you blame the players?

people act like every NFL player is a millionaire... this isn't the case

every player makes more than enough money to support themselves and their families for sure, but remember an NFL career doesn't last long compared to most careers, so the money is gonna run out eventually

and the NFL players are asking the owners to provide financial statements which provide evidence of their operating costs as evidence of why they need so much money

apparently they won't do that, what are they trying to hide??

I think both sides are somewhat to blame, but I put more of it on the owners

Jan 4, 2003
IMO players should be thankful they made it to tha NFL.. something that many people can only dream about!!!! As long as they live up to their talent they'll get their big $$$$ which they already do basically!! Yes some players might just make 500,000 - 600,000 a year if not more, but hey all they are doing is sitting on tha damn bench! become a starter and a start in this league and you'll get the big millions!! Im sorry but I'd rather have tha owners have most of tha money then some average joe who became a star football player... they are making more then enough as is,, while us none football players bust our ass off and will never even see that kind of money

Jan 4, 2003
thats like me asking my job for more money cuz they making a shit load
exactly.. the only thing I agree with is the rookie cap.. no way should a rookie be getting over $30mil in guarantees after proving nothing but playing college ball.. but as far as everything else goes, these players are making way more then ENOUGH money..

May 3, 2002
These players always bitch and wine about shit and want more money, so what if they don't have a long career in the NFL the majority of them them had a free ride in college so they should be able to do something with their degree when playtime is over and it's time to enter the real world, if they didn't finish school well then that's their fault.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
if they players want to fight about something, what they need to do is have the colleges agree to continue their scholarship til they graduate, even after football

May 20, 2006
smdh...... it must be a lot of financially stable sports fanatics on the sicc....... i can't get emo about a bunch of rich basturds that can't figure out how to split a 9 BiLL pot........