Nintendo Revolution will cost less than $300

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2004
well, yeah, i've seen that demo, that does look good, but not quite what I expected... I think I expected everything to look more like the Fight Night 3 demo on Live that shits sick.

But the graphics of these system's have been kind of a letdown so far. The metal gear 4 graphics look awesome, but it's not that big of a leap over something like RE:4.

I mean, it's a difference, and it's noticable, but it's not like the difference between N64 and PS2 or anything like that. Compare RE: 3 to Medal Gear Solid 2. I mean, the graphics have been dissapointing. But, I know they probably haven't discovered everything that the technology can do, and I hope it can do more.

http://my.opera.com/phoenixp3k/homes/files/msg4_full.jpg

^ There's still jaggies in that pic, which you would think would be totally gone by now. But, it's an improvement, but compared to the last time new system's came out, it's not that big of a difference.

And, I'm not so sure if it'll be over 200, seriously. Gamecube went for 200 right away, and Nintendo made money off of each system sold. Revolution isn't supposed to be much more powerful, they are focusing on gameplay instead.

I'm saying 200 bucks. There's nothing in there that would make it any more expensive. (Does it have a harddrive? I think they are just using memory sticks or something)

I'll buy the Nintendo system just because it's so cheap, and I'll play it once in a while, and I want to see what the new control system has to offer. Plus I'm sure Mario will be tight, and Zelda will be good, and I always play those games. But, I'll buy it just whenever I have enough money, I'm not gonna rush out and get it opening day like I will PS3, and like I did my 360.

Jan 2, 2004
Yeah, you point it at the scree where you want it to go. It'll be the best with first person shooters, no doubt. You move with the stick, and there's a trigger underneath the remote thing, and you move the remote around to change your aim, and you move with the stick. Use the trigger to shoot.

Also can be used for like lightsaber fighting or something. You can hold it like a sword, and fight that way instead of pressing buttons.

It's different. I'll with-hold judgement until I actually play it.

Apr 25, 2002
Robby2Slobby said:
Yeah, you point it at the scree where you want it to go. It'll be the best with first person shooters, no doubt. You move with the stick, and there's a trigger underneath the remote thing, and you move the remote around to change your aim, and you move with the stick. Use the trigger to shoot.

Also can be used for like lightsaber fighting or something. You can hold it like a sword, and fight that way instead of pressing buttons.

It's different. I'll with-hold judgement until I actually play it.
nintendo needs to showcase this A LOT BETTER in the months leading up to the system release or the majority of video game buyers (like the majority of people on this thread) will write off the controller as a piece of shit when its actually the most innovative out of all the next-gen systems

Apr 27, 2005
revolution will be twice as powerful as gamecube. the graphics will look great, look at RE 4 on gamecube. also, Nintendo has patents for new technology and programming techniques that allow for better graphics with less processing power. and the system will be $199. it might even be $150 and nintendo would still be able to make a profit. funny how the people who hate on the controller know nothing about it

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
the controler looks like it will make your arm tired, holdin it out the whole time your playin.

i think they should come wit a more traditional type controler also, for all of us that aint really ready for the "innovative" bullshit...

i prolly aint gettin this.. i can get all the old games for my pc anyway, so the downloadable catalog aint that apealing.

ps3 finna shit on the other two, i hope........

Apr 8, 2005
nonstop_ga said:
the controler looks like it will make your arm tired, holdin it out the whole time your playin.

i think they should come wit a more traditional type controler also, for all of us that aint really ready for the "innovative" bullshit...

i prolly aint gettin this.. i can get all the old games for my pc anyway, so the downloadable catalog aint that apealing.

ps3 finna shit on the other two, i hope........
i agree with everything eccept the ps3 comment, x box will always out due ps i think

Apr 27, 2005
you dont have to hold your arm out and wave the controller around. you can just rest it on your lap or whatever and move your wrist. and they are releasing a shell that you plug the controller into so that it works like a traditional controller with the benefits of the gyroscope technology.