Nintendo Revolution will cost less than $300

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Nintendo Revolution will cost less than $300

22 January 2006 22:19 by Dela

Speaking in an interview with News.com earlier this week, Nintendo's executive vice president of sales and Marketing Reggie Fils-Aime said the Revolution console will go on sale later this year for less than $300. He also took the opportunity to criticise the company's rivals for the high prices consumers have to pay for their new consoles. As an example, he said a consumer would need to spend $700 to properly experience what the Xbox 360 console has to offer.

The PS3 is also rumored to go on sale for about $500. "We resolve at Nintendo to remain within reach for the vast majority of our consumers," Fils-Aime said. The news of the Revolution's cheaper price tag sent Nintendo's shares up 6.4% in Japan to 16,090 yen on Friday. Fils-Aime believes that the cheaper price will attract new gamers that are scared off by the other consoles' prices.

He also said that the Revolution's game line-up will attract gamers that are constantly forgotten about such as women or people aged over 35. Developing games for the console will apparently be far cheaper than for the Xbox 360 or PS3, which are rumored to require intensive labor and are expensive to develop for. No details were given by Fils-Aime about the games that will be available for launch, just that the company will show some titles at E3.

Nintendo will also use a four step program to rehabilitate its image in the gaming market throughout 2006. "First, focusing on a single-minded gaming device. Second, bringing real innovation to the controller in the way consumers play the game. Third, a value orientation that certainly is not present with our competitors. And fourth, leveraging the power of our library with the virtual consoles," Fils-Aime said.

Source:
Betanews

Jan 28, 2005
I hate how sumtimes they say less than 300, when in actually its $299, but with tax and add ons it even highers so they'll need to convince me that their the o so holy ones by making it 199 or sumthin. But ya know what being that low budget I'll feel like its a cheaper/weaker system even if its not. Don't mind me, I'm jus trippin.

Apr 27, 2005
punch out holding two controllers. star wars using the controller as a lightsaber. a musical game where you use the controller as drum sticks. tilting the controller like an actual steering wheel for racing games like mario kart. endless possibilities....

Sep 1, 2003
lol of course that shit has to be cheaper than ps3....or else they wouldn't move barely no units

i still think ps3 wont be more than 400

Jan 2, 2004
Raider Rick said:
anyone got a pic of the system?

I think it'll be cool.. I'm guessing it'll sell for no more than 200. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even less.

I heard the graphics won't be much better than the Game Cube, but really, graphics on these systems so far haven't been THAT much better than X-Box/Gamecube graphics anyway.

May 9, 2002
^^^Less than $200???LOL...keep dreamin homie...i say $300...this aint no Gamecube..this is next gen technology...

And that shit looks suspect as fuck...im sorry...but those "controllers"...are awful...i aint touchin this hunk o junk with a 10 foot pole....

Im gettin a XBox 360 tomorrow through the homie for CHEAP....brand new with a game....

And ill be the first to reserve a PS3....but that Nintendo system is gonna once AGAIN....get ate up by Sony and Microsoft....POOR NINTENDO!!!!!