Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
sign wallace, trade crabtree for a 1st rounder
I was on the lets sign wallace hype to, up until i read this article this morning. Im cool of wallace that moron is looking for Larry Fitzgerald Money.

Report: Mike Wallace wants a contract bigger than Larry Fitzgerald’s

A league source said that Wallace, 25, wants a contract that surpasses the eight-year, $120 million deal that Larry Fitzgerald signed last year with the Cardinals. Combine that with the first-round pick any team that signs Wallace to an offer sheet would lose if the Steelers didn't match the offer, and you start to understand why we've heard so little about Wallace in the last week and a half.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ntract-bigger-larry-fitzgerald-170726428.html

Sep 15, 2009
D @dj_otherwise how are you gonna say Kaep sucks when you haven't seen ANYTHING from him? Lol. He played those pre season games with no training camp and a shitty offensive line. We haven't seen anything from him to make that assumption

Dec 12, 2006
Thats fair, its my gut feeling mixed a lil of the facts he played at nevada and never took one snap under center, i really thought it was a dumb pick and I dont think hes gonna be able to run all over the place or run the pistol in the NFL

Dec 9, 2005
Does this mean they don't have confidence in Kaep being the qb of the future?
I think competition lights a fire under everyone's ass. Which is a good thing. The thing about Kaep is that he's so raw, but his ceiling is tremendously high. Some guys just aren't ready in 2 years. He needs a lot of polishing, and it will help him having two veterans helping him along the way.

Tolzien will probably be moved to the practice squad, which is kind of a bummer to me. Judging from his Wisconsin days, he seems to fit our offense pretty well.

They'll all get the benefit of the off season though, so who knows what will happen in training camp.

TRENT BAALKE is a fucking boss. Love the way they handle their business. They are quietly putting together a contender for years to come.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The 49ers recently worked out free agent G Deuce Lutui.
The Cardinals' starting right guard since 2006, Lutui was stripped of his job last season after reporting to camp significantly overweight for the second straight year. He's drawn no other known interest on the open market. Lutui could compete with Daniel Kilgore in San Francisco. Still just 28, Lutui has the ability to be a starting NFL lineman, but may no longer have the drive.