Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Yeah u cant even admit Raiders are better then the Niners. We beat yall had the better record this season but yeah let's talk about hoops. Stop posting already and take ur L's
The Raiders should be better. The Niners lost over 10 starters in some form or another from the year before. But, the Raiders have missed the playoffs for 13 seasons now, which is the 2nd most all time. They may have had a better record this year, and beat us last year, but they're still terrible, have sucked for over a decade, and likely getting bounced back to LA.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
San Francisco
Sean Payton, head coach, New Orleans
Payton and Saints GM Mickey Loomis were in meetings for hours in New Orleans on Monday. How it turns out, I don’t know. I do know that many around Payton think he’s ready to go—not that he’ll be miserable if nothing can be worked out with another team and he has to stay (he’s under contract with the Saints for two more seasons). But he understands that the defense can’t be built back up in a day, and he understands that if Drew Brees doesn’t take some sort of contract modification to lower his $30-million cap number for 2016, the Saints might have a different quarterback this fall. So it may be time to get out while the getting’s good. The Niners will have about 12 draft choices in 2016, with at least $52 million to spend under the 2016 salary cap. And they have the seventh pick in the first round, good for Payton to go find his new quarterback. All in all, there’s a lot about this job for Payton to like—and it would solve a major credibility problem for the embattled Niners czar, Jed York

Via peter king

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Kelly with kaep might work tho. And Megatron seems like he wants out of Detroit. You guys got the money to bring him to the niners?
I thought of that too but I'm not sold that it would work. Not to mention, dude always got outcoached and whooped in big games at the college level. He was also given a ton of freedom to build the team he wanted and couldn't win in the NFL east which was maybe the sorriest division in football this year. I doubt he can teach Kap anything that Holmgen couldn't.

Megatron is talkin that he might retire because he's "in pain." Kinda odd to say that if it isn't true. I was really surprised Willis retired like he did, but he said his foot troubles let him know it was over. Same for Justin Smith and his shoulder. I feel like York and Baalke are bigger issues right now though.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Report: 49ers could hire Hue Jackson today | ProFootballTalk

Report: 49ers could hire Hue Jackson today

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 10, 2016, 11:49 AM EST
Hue Jackson
AP
The San Francisco 49ers could have their next head coach before the day is over.

Owner Jed York is in Cincinnati to interview Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson today, and Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the 49ers could hire Jackson as soon as today.

That meshes with a previous report that Jackson is the clear front-runner for the 49ers job.

Jackson does have other options, as the Browns also want to interview him today. And the 49ers have considered other candidates, including Bills assistant head coach Anthony Lynn, Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and former Eagles head coach Chip Kelly.

But at the moment, the 49ers and Jackson appear to be a good match, a match that could get made today.