Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Chree, you've lost your mind breh lol.Those are the types of players/picks you give up for Megatron or Dez Bryant
do you really believe we can get a WR comparable to blackmon in the 1st round? we will have 2 2nd rounders and a few 3rds and 4ths, you know we are gonna be trading down. also have you seen who we have signed longterm in our receivers?

Sep 15, 2009
I understand we desperately need a great receiver but Blackmon hasn't proven anything yet. I know he was a beast in college but he hasn't done enough in the NFL the warrant that kind of trade IMO. I know it's hard to judge him tho because his QBs have been shit

EDIT... apparently he hasn't been on my fantasy football radar. I know he was suspended early in the season but just saw his numbers the last 2 weeks. Maybe that's not such a bad idea, Chree lol

Last edited:
Props: Mr G

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
id do it if it helped us get a super bowl win. i know we have manningham and crabtree coming back but crabtree probably wont be back til week 14 and is coming off MAJOR surgery. it will take some time to adjust/contribute

edit: i wouldnt give up that many draft picks, but one or two high ones, sure

Last edited:

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
49ers CB Eric Wright (reserve/NFI) has been cleared to resume practicing.
Wright returned to practice last week and is making "steady progress" towards eventually earning a role with the 49ers. "He’s getting better and better," DC Vic Fangio said. "Obviously, he’s not comfortable in the system yet. If he shows that he can play better than who we have playing, that’s the guy that we’ll play." Wright, who was signed in early August, spent the first six weeks on the non-football illness list. CSN Bay Area suggests Nnamdi Asomugha could be released to create a spot for him on the active roster.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
49ers GM Trent Baalke says the team is not interested in trading frustrated RB LaMichael James.
"We're not interested in trading LaMichael," Baalke said. "LaMichael's a key player." Baalke went on to say that there will be a time when the team needs to call on James. He's been a healthy inactive the past two weeks.

Props: joeyfromg1l4s

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
I think we need to hold on to James. Frank has one year left in his contract and Kendall Hunter is a better replacement for our lead back then James is. James is perfect to back up Hunter when Gore is gone. That leaves more time to groom Lattimore and possibly let him take some carries away from Dixon.

Dixon brings good energy to the team and i like the kid, but he is stronger on Special Teams with CJ Spillman.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Marcus Lattimore (knee, reserve/NFI) expects to resume practicing in 2-3 weeks.
"They haven’t cleared me yet, but I think they’re going to look at it," Lattimore said. "They really haven’t given me an indication or anything set in stone. I know I’ll most likely get a chance to practice." Lattimore hasn't had any setbacks in his recovery from major knee surgery, but is still expected to sit out the entire 2013 season. The 49ers have until Week 11 to decide whether to add him to the active roster or place him on injured reserve.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
the bye comes at a perfect time. at the start of the season i thought the panthers would be an easy win but their defense is good and their offense is getting better. still think the niners will win, of course, but we'll take the rest after flying back from London and getting prepared for the next game at home.