Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
"49ers: Trophy Case Alert: #49ers OLB @AldonSmithJETS has been named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month after twice winning Rookie of the week in Oct" --http://twitter.com/49ers/status/131885686885322752

Dec 12, 2006
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh arite bro bro, breh breh, fucked up smiley face homie, can you name a better QB than Alex Smith that has been on roster since he was drafted?? K let that be argument number 1, so if you wanna debate that or what not well keep that as 1st base

k #2 Would you agree or not agree that Alex Smith entered our franchise in the first real rebuilding stages of this franchise since before Montana? Team of the 80's we ride Steve Young to another superbowl and consistency through out the 90's Jeff Garcia almost takes us to the SB in the early 2000's and then we hit a brick fuckin wall

#3 Harabaugh wanted him to stick around

I really like Alex Smith because I can see he has talent and hes been beat the fuck down by everyone and hes still in there fighting for his job n thats life for alot of people fightin to make it so to speak n dealin with failure and I really respect how hes handled his situation.

Would you rank Alex Smith as better or worse than the following QBS
Jay Cutler
Mark Sanchez
____ Stafford (take away CJ hes not that good)
Kevin Kolb
Whoever is QB at Seattle or Miami
?

No one is claiming hes an elite QB but that doesnt make him garbage either I think your also making the assumption, i could be wrong, that if there is another QB under center were still 6-1 right now and there is no basis for that, Alex Smiths numbers are great, nothing amazing but we havent run a homerun style offense since Garcia to TO

drink time

Jan 12, 2006
he always been a 49ers hater...but he's on point when it comes to Alex Smith..

You can't depend on him as a 49ers QB in the future..

Jim Trotters QB rankings based on this years performance. He has Alex Smith 6th, rest of the rankings are in the link

6. Alex Smith, 49ers: Don't tell me about his past struggles. Few QBs are playing as efficiently as Smith, who has helped his team to a 6-1 record in large part because he's completing 63.2 percent of his passes with nine touchdowns and only two interceptions. He ranks second against the blitz with a 128.9 rating and is third among regulars with a 104.9 fourth-quarter rating. And please drop the game-manager moniker. His touchdown strike to Delanie Walker on fourth-and-goal in the final two minutes of a win at Detroit was a thing of beauty.Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/11/01/qb.rankings/index.html#ixzz1cZ0illjL

Dec 4, 2006
lol@the Alex Smith lovers...

y'all need to cut the shit though, Harbaugh wanted him as a 49ers because he was the only option for the team this year..

Do you think Harbaugh will use the full playbook with Alex Smith? FUCK NO!

Some of those plays in the playbook would never match up with Alex Smith, he's not built for it..

All they're doing is giving him vanilla plays that make him feel comfortable..

y'all need to face it, he'll never be a complete QB..something Harbaugh wishes he'd have..

Feb 12, 2004
DAMN NaVorro Bowman over P Willy huh? Can't really say I disagree at the moment. Bowman has been a fucking MONSTER this year but P willy has been a monster his entire career. Best inside LB duo in the NFL easy.

Jul 25, 2007

y'all need to cut the shit though, Harbaugh wanted him as a 49ers because he was the only option for the team this year..

Some of those plays in the playbook would never match up with Alex Smith, he's not built for it..

y'all need to face it, he'll never be a complete QB..something Harbaugh wishes he'd have..
Relax. They are going to start opening it up especially with Braylon back. Harbs started vanilla because its his first gig as a NFL HC with no training camp. They have been opening the playbook slowly. Ive noticed different formations week after week. I guess thats why we have been able to move the ball efficiently. Defenses havent seen it on film.

You sound like Alex Smith made a sex sandwich with your mom and girlfriend.

Feb 13, 2004

Harbaugh had the choice of picking up some decent QB but saw something in Alex Smith that others didn't. They've been doing different plays every weekend. Alex will be with the team next year and years to come.

Dec 9, 2005

I don't recall anyone on here saying Alex was the next coming of Joe Montana.

Harbaugh made the best decision he could have given the circumstances.

You call it "giving him vanilla plays that make him feel comfortable" ...I would say it's more like playing towards your quarterback's strengths.

The proof is in the pudding:

Alex Smith has the 8th best passer rating in the NFL right now...and most of all the 49ers are 6-1. He's winning. Very hard to argue against that.

Mar 12, 2010
very well could have both of our starting inside linebackers in the pro-bowl if we are not in the superbowl....

sucks that they have the pro-bowl the week before the superbowl