Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2010
WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK THE NINERS TAKE @7 I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE SAYING VON MILLER BUT I THINK OUR MORE PRESSING NEED WOULD BE A BIG LOCK DOWN DB OR DARE I SAY A QB. I KNOW THERE REALLY ISNT A QB IN THIS DRAFT THAT MAKES YOU SAY DAMN WE NEED HIM BUT YET AND STILL THERE IS A NEED FOR US TO GET STRONGER THERE. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? DB, QB, OR LB???

Feb 26, 2006
WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK THE NINERS TAKE @7 I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE SAYING VON MILLER BUT I THINK OUR MORE PRESSING NEED WOULD BE A BIG LOCK DOWN DB OR DARE I SAY A QB. I KNOW THERE REALLY ISNT A QB IN THIS DRAFT THAT MAKES YOU SAY DAMN WE NEED HIM BUT YET AND STILL THERE IS A NEED FOR US TO GET STRONGER THERE. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? DB, QB, OR LB???
Definitely OLB > CB. Unless Patrick Peterson falls to us at #7 as a gift from the football Gods. Think about it though. A stud pass rusher makes the defense as a whole look better while a stud CB only improves one position.

The raiders have the best corner in the league yet offenses find a way around Asomugha. On the other hand, you have Clay Matthews, a beast at OLB who automatically makes an undrafted CB Tramon Williams look good.

From what I watched during the Senior bowl Von Miller has what it takes to play in the NFL. He was all over the field especially during the run. Just imagine the terror Miller and Wilis could cause :knockout:

Miller Time!

Mar 12, 2010
BUT ALSO WITH THE PACK THEY HAVE WOODSON ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TRAMON AND WHETHER YOU WANT TO ADMIT IT OR NOT PEOPLE ARE STILL AFRAID TO THROW TO WOODSONS SIDE. I CAN SEE WHERE MILLER LOOKS VERY GOOD BUT WHO ON THE BACK END STRIKES FEAR INTO ANY OF THE TEAMS WE WILL PLAY AGAINST? WE HAVE UNPROVEN TALENT AT BOTH SAFETIES AND OUR CORNER BACKS SEEM TO MADE OF GLASS WITH SPENCER ALWAYS GETTING HURT AND NATE BETTER SUTIED TO PLAY SAFETY THAN CB BUT WONT MAKE THE CHANGE AND BROWN BITING ON ANY AND ALL PLAY ACTION. I REALLY SEE US NEEDING TO ADDRESS THE SECONDARY UNLESS WE MAKE ANOTHER SPLASH AND GET A NHANDI, CHAMP, OR JOHNATHAN TO HELP SECURE OUR SECONDARY THEN WE WILL NEED TO DRAFT FOR THIS POSITION.

Sep 16, 2002
THE DEFENSIVE LINEMAN?? THE OTHER THING WE HAVE TO SEE IS IF HARBAUGH IS GOING TO RUN A 3-4 OR A 4-3 DEFENSE
vic vangio is a 34 guy, he ran it at stanford and he's a dom capers disciple. so it probably be safe to say the niners will continue to run a 34 similar to the packers with the right personel... not that soft zone manusky crap

Mar 12, 2010
vic vangio is a 34 guy, he ran it at stanford and he's a dom capers disciple. so it probably be safe to say the niners will continue to run a 34 similar to the packers with the right personel... not that soft zone manusky crap
Supposively manuskys soft d was what coach sing wanted there was some interview where they were asking manusky all kinds of questions about what he would have done different and he said he was just answering to the man above him on what he wanted the game plan to be. i think the truth will be seen whether or not he comes roaring back with and turns san diego d into something that is truly feared.

Sep 16, 2002
^^ yeah i forgot where i read it , probably on 49erswebzone but they compared dingleberry to a "Dark Cloud" .. the guy handcuffed all his coordinators .. he wanted to emulate the 85 bears so badly

Mar 12, 2010
^^ yeah i forgot where i read it , probably on 49erswebzone but they compared dingleberry to a "Dark Cloud" .. the guy handcuffed all his coordinators .. he wanted to emulate the 85 bears so badly
YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IF THAT WAS THE CASE THEN THE NINERS WOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING ALOT MORE OF A 4-6 DEFENSE LIKE THE BEARS DID AS WELL AS TRIED TO HIRE ROB RYAN TO RUN THE DEFENSE HIS DADDY DID. LIKE I SAID THOUGH HOW WELL THE SAN DIEGO DEFENSE DOES THIS YEAR WILL REALLY TELL THE TRUTH.

NOT THAT I HAVE A HATRED FOR SIMPLETARY I REALLY LIKED HIM AS A PLAYER BUT WITH HIM NOT BEING A STRONG X'S AND O'S YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE LET HIS CO-ORDINATORS DO THEIR JOB. BUT HE FELT HE NEEDED TO HAVE HIS HANDS IN EVERYTHING AND CONTROL EVERYTHING. WELL IT LOOKS LIKE HE WILL BE WATCHING FILM FOR ANOTHER TEAM. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD RIDDANCE

Feb 26, 2006
BUT ALSO WITH THE PACK THEY HAVE WOODSON ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TRAMON AND WHETHER YOU WANT TO ADMIT IT OR NOT PEOPLE ARE STILL AFRAID TO THROW TO WOODSONS SIDE. I CAN SEE WHERE MILLER LOOKS VERY GOOD BUT WHO ON THE BACK END STRIKES FEAR INTO ANY OF THE TEAMS WE WILL PLAY AGAINST? WE HAVE UNPROVEN TALENT AT BOTH SAFETIES AND OUR CORNER BACKS SEEM TO MADE OF GLASS WITH SPENCER ALWAYS GETTING HURT AND NATE BETTER SUTIED TO PLAY SAFETY THAN CB BUT WONT MAKE THE CHANGE AND BROWN BITING ON ANY AND ALL PLAY ACTION. I REALLY SEE US NEEDING TO ADDRESS THE SECONDARY UNLESS WE MAKE ANOTHER SPLASH AND GET A NHANDI, CHAMP, OR JOHNATHAN TO HELP SECURE OUR SECONDARY THEN WE WILL NEED TO DRAFT FOR THIS POSITION.
Spencer and Clements are wayyyyy better than Lawson and Haralson at their respective positions. Like I said earlier, a better pass rush automatically makes the secondary look better. What good is a secondary if the QB has all the time in the world to make his reads? Getting a dominant pass rusher gives the QB minimal time to look down field and more prone to making errors.

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com

It's generally believed that many of the NFL's 32 member teams will be interested in acquiring cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha once the new collective bargaining agreement is reached. In spite of the supposition that the pile of money required to get Asomugha under contract will be visible from outer space, the CB is a heavily desired athlete, as he is considered elite at his position as well as a strong locker room presence and a class act off the field. Asomugha was one of three finalists for this season's Walter Payton Man of the Year award, which recognizes community service.
Though the uncertain labor future means that free agency might not start for months, we've been prognosticating on where Nnamdi could be a fit since ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter's report weeks ago indicating that the CB would be hitting free agency. Tuesday, Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee took an in-depth look at how Asomugha would fit with the team the reporter covers for a living, the San Francisco 49ers.
In Barrows' view, the Niners stand a better chance than other teams for three reasons. "1.) proximity -- he wouldn't have to move. 2.) representation -- Asomugha's agent is Ben Dogra, who just worked out a long-term deal between the 49ers and another client, Patrick Willis. 3.) coaching -- Vic Fangio's system promises to be similar to that of friend Dom Capers'."
Thus far, Asomugha has not publicly stated where he'd like to play next, and it's certainly possible that he returns to the Oakland Raiders.
- Tim Kavanagh

Jan 12, 2006
It's generally believed that many of the NFL's 32 member teams will be interested in acquiring cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha once the new collective bargaining agreement is reached. In spite of the supposition that the pile of money required to get Asomugha under contract will be visible from outer space, the CB is a heavily desired athlete, as he is considered elite at his position as well as a strong locker room presence and a class act off the field. Asomugha was one of three finalists for this season's Walter Payton Man of the Year award, which recognizes community service.
Though the uncertain labor future means that free agency might not start for months, we've been prognosticating on where Nnamdi could be a fit since ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter's report weeks ago indicating that the CB would be hitting free agency. Tuesday, Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee took an in-depth look at how Asomugha would fit with the team the reporter covers for a living, the San Francisco 49ers.
In Barrows' view, the Niners stand a better chance than other teams for three reasons. "1.) proximity -- he wouldn't have to move. 2.) representation -- Asomugha's agent is Ben Dogra, who just worked out a long-term deal between the 49ers and another client, Patrick Willis. 3.) coaching -- Vic Fangio's system promises to be similar to that of friend Dom Capers'."
Thus far, Asomugha has not publicly stated where he'd like to play next, and it's certainly possible that he returns to the Oakland Raiders.
- Tim Kavanagh
sounds like he's going to be a 49er!