Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2010
i definately would take him over alex and i dont know if it was a dick contest in washington or what so i am not sure if mcnabb would be better than palmer but palmer did have a great receiving crew and couldnt do nuthin with it while i think mcnabb did a great job with the horrible receiving crew he had

Sep 15, 2009
As long as we get a guy with a good attitude that can finally get us to the playoffs again. Definitely want a QB that can also help develop a rookie QB if we happen to draft one

Feb 14, 2004
Bengals won’t trade QB Palmer

CINCINNATI (AP)—Bengals owner Mike Brown(notes) says he won’t trade quarterback Carson Palmer(notes).

Brown said on Monday that Palmer met with him a little more than a week ago and asked to be traded. Brown told Palmer that he wouldn’t consider it because the quarterback is central to the team’s plans. He plans to talk to Palmer again to try to smooth over their differences.

Brown made the comments in an interview with The Cincinnati Enquirer and the team’s Web site in Mobile, Ala., where the Bengals are coaching players for the Senior Bowl.

The Bengals have made no significant changes coming off a 4-12 season. Coach Marvin Lewis returned even though Brown said the front office didn’t need to change. The Bengals have only two winning records in the last 20 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjrdxQuXla9DByz1zaN_0BZDubYF?slug=ap-bengals-palmer

Dec 4, 2006
The word is that Palmer wants out and wants to come to SF......read that on a Twitter earlier today..

I wouldn't mind Palmer either, but I prefer McNabb over him ....that's just me...

Feb 14, 2004
CINCINNATI (AP)—Bengals owner Mike Brown(notes) says he won’t trade quarterback Carson Palmer(notes).

Brown said on Monday that Palmer met with him a little more than a week ago and asked to be traded. Brown told Palmer that he wouldn’t consider it because the quarterback is central to the team’s plans. He plans to talk to Palmer again to try to smooth over their differences.

Brown made the comments in an interview with The Cincinnati Enquirer and the team’s Web site in Mobile, Ala., where the Bengals are coaching players for the Senior Bowl.

The Bengals have made no significant changes coming off a 4-12 season. Coach Marvin Lewis returned even though Brown said the front office didn’t need to change. The Bengals have only two winning records in the last 20 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjrdxQuXla9DByz1zaN_0BZDubYF?slug=ap-bengals-palmer
:confused:

Feb 14, 2004
Mike Brown already said no to the trade. Carson said he wants a trade or he'll retire. Carson isn't a FA. So which other way could any NFL team acquire him if they can't do it via trade?

Feb 14, 2004
Couple articles I've read said Seattle would be ideal for him, since PC coached him at USC. But I don't want Carson on the team. I'd rather stick with what we got and draft a QB, and have him learn from Matt. But usually nothing goes the way the fans want it to go. So we'll see.

Mar 12, 2010
i read that the seahawks are looking at re-signing matt and drafting locker but like you said all this shit is just ideas and what fans want to see so nothing will be set in stone until after the superbowl is over and the draft gets closer thats when the real magic goes off

Mar 12, 2010
I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DRAFT MY WISH LIST FOR THE FIRST 4 ROUNDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. PETERSON OR AMUKAMARA (WHO EVER IS THERE)
2. CASEY MATTHEWS
3. GREG MCELROY
4. OWEN MARECIC

I DONT KNOW HOW REALISTIC THIS MAY BE BUT THESE ARE SOME GUYS THAT PLAYED PRETTY GOOD IN COLLEGE AND THINK COULD TAKE IT NEXT LEVEL

Dec 9, 2005
I've been reading that Casey Matthews is a 3rd or 4th rounder, but I agree...if that guy is anything like his brother, he's gonna be a steal on those rounds.

If neither Peterson or Prince are on the board, I'd like them to use that #7 for a pass rusher like Quinn.

The more I read/hear about Baalke, the more I think he's the right guy for the job. I think he'll make the right moves in April.

I think the 9ers will look to grab a QB later in the draft, I've heard Christian Ponder's name being thrown around. That is a position that I have full 100% confidence in Harbaugh finding the right guy in.

I wouldn't mind Carson Palmer to the 9ers as a stop gap while we develop and groom a young guy. He'd be an immediate upgrade over anyone we have now, or anyone in the past few years, that we've had.

Mar 12, 2010
I AGREE IF PETERSON OR AMUKAMARA ARE NOT THERE WE GET THE PASS RUSHER WE HAVE LACKED FOR A LONG TIME THAT COULD POSSIBLY HELP OUR DBS LOOK A LITTLE BIT BETTER IF WE HAVE A DOMINANT FORCE RUSHING THE QB

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Dear Alice Smith thanks for these amazing stats! The 49ers are the only NFL team without a 3,000-yard passer since 2002.The 49ers and Bills are the only teams to not rank higher than 23rd in the NFL in total offense since 2003.The 49ers and Bears are the only teams without a 1,000-yard receiver since 2003.The 49ers are one of seven teams to not have a quarterback ranked in the NFL’s top 10 in passer rating since 2001.

Feb 12, 2004
I'll never forgive McClueless, Nolan and the rest of the retards from the last regime that decided to pick Alex over Aaron. What did Aaron have to say after winning the NFC championship game?

“This is what I dreamed about as a kid in Northern California, watching Joe Montana and then Steve Young after Joe moved on."

The man grew up a 49er fan and wanted to be a 49er, but those fucking idiots ruined EVERYTHING!! FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU