Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Wasn't too excited with Davis ...but after doing a little more research I think he'll fit perfectly fine!

And I was jumping up and down when we picked Mike Iupati ....two solid picks in the 1st round...

I knew if we didn't get Trent Williams we was gonna go for Iupati, he's fucking dope!

and Chree how dare you confuse Iupati for Buluga!
lol cuz they was talkin bout bulaga when we were textin foo. I was like wtf 2 tackles haha

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Defense for 49ers? Second-round mock is here
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/04/defense-for-49ers-second-round-mock-is-here.html
After the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday, that seems to be one certainty for the 49ers: They are not going to take an offensive lineman in the second round.

Well, at least we don't think they will.

It would seem that the 49ers are likely to turn to the defensive side of the ball, where they could use help at every level. When director of player personnel Trent Baalke said he expects to find a starter with the team's second-round pick, he was not necessarily talking about 2010. So keep that in mind.

If the 49ers look to the secondary, they could grab USC safety Taylor Mays. He would be a complement to Dashon Goldson, who is much better in coverage. Mays, at more than 230 pounds, would play closer to the line of scrimmage in more of a Michael Lewis-type role. Morgan Burnett (Georgia Tech) and Nate Allen (South Florida) are other safeties he are likely to be selected in the second round.

At cornerback, the 49ers could target such players as Perrish Cox (Oklahoma State, Brandon Ghee (Wake Forest) or A.J. Jefferson (Fresno State).

Veteran inside linebacker Takeo Spikes will keep his fingers crossed that the 49ers use their No. 49 overall pick on Brandon Spikes (Florida). He told me a while back that he would love to serve as a mentor to his distant cousin.

The 49ers could look to add more pop to their pass rush. They'll be keeping an eye on Koa Misi (Utah), Ricky Sapp (Clemson) and Jason Worilds (Virginia Tech).

My personal pick for the 49ers is LSU defensive lineman Al Woods. Originally, I thought the 49ers were targeting him in the third round. But I don't think Woods would last that long. He has incredibly long arms (second longest behind Bruce Campbell at the combine), and he can serve as a backup at nose tackle behind Aubrayo Franklin for one season.

2010 Round 2 Mock Draft

1 (33) Rams - WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame

2 (34) Vikings - QB Colt McCoy, Texas

3 (35) Buccaneers - WR Arrelious Benn

4 (36) Chiefs - S Nate Allen, South Florida

5 (37) Eagles - OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana

6 (38) Browns - QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame

7 (39) Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland

8 (40) Dolphins - LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

9 (41) Bills - NT Terrence Cody, Alabama

10 (42) Buccaneers - CB Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

11 (43) Ravens - DT Brian Price, UCLA

12 (44) Patriots - DE/OLB Koa Misi, Utah

13 (45) Broncos - DT Linval Joseph, East Carolina

14 (46) Giants - LB Brandon Spikes, Florida

15 (47) Patriots - LB Daryl Washington, TCU

16 (48) Panthers - DL Lamarr Houston, Texas

17 (49) 49ers - DL Al Woods, LSU

18 (50) Chiefs - TE Rob Gronkowski, Arizona

19 (51) Texans - RB Ben Tate, Auburn

20 (52) Steelers - OT Charles Brown, USC

21 (53) Patriots - RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford

22 (54) Bengals - DL/LB Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech

23 (55) Eagles - DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida

24 (56) Packers - S Taylor Mays, USC

25 (57) Ravens - TE Ed Dickson, Oregon

26 (58) Cardinals - OLB Sean Lee, Penn State

27 (59) Cowboys - T Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts

28 (60) Seahawks - RB Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss

29 (61) Jets - LB/DE Ricky Sapp, Clemson

30 (62) Vikings - S Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech

31 (63) Colts - LB Navorro Bowman, Penn State

32 (64) Saints - LB Eric Norwood, South Carolina

Feb 12, 2004
The more I think about the move to 11 the more I appreciate it. I like the fact that they are being aggressive and making shit happen. Fuck sitting around and hoping the player you want is still there! Baalke > McClueless.

Oct 23, 2009
^Yeah I agree with you there. I'm wondering if Jed York asked McClueless if he was willing to be more agressive and Scotty said "No" and that's why he left...different views. I know owners always want to see wins now but Scotty was too reactive when it came to making moves.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
as long as Davis doesnt bust... otherwise baalke will look ever dumber than if he didnt make a move to draft a bust.

but yeah i kno what u mean and like that they were aggressive to get what they wanted... just not sure if it was the right guy yet. ill wait to see results before i judge either way.

Feb 12, 2004
You guys should watch the presser on 49ers.com with Coach Sing. The way he talked about Davis got me excited. Dude sounds like one of those weird loners who keeps to himself, but becomes a beast on the field. Kind of like bobby boucher in the waterboy lol.

We already know how everyone feels about Iupati. People are calling him the next Larry Allen.

Mar 12, 2010
You guys should watch the presser on 49ers.com with Coach Sing. The way he talked about Davis got me excited. Dude sounds like one of those weird loners who keeps to himself, but becomes a beast on the field. Kind of like bobby boucher in the waterboy lol.

We already know how everyone feels about Iupati. People are calling him the next Larry Allen.
sing must love larry allen because when he drafted rachal last year thats who he kept comparing him to

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004

well i wouldnt expect them to draft a guy they didnt like. ill wait to see the results on the field. talk is cheap.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
here are the initial 1st Round Rookie Ratings on Madden 11

Sam Bradford (Rams) 80
Ndamukong Suh (Lions) 85
Gerald McCoy (Bucs) 84
Trent Williams (Redskins) 79
Eric Berry (Chiefs) 85
Russell Okung (Seahawks) 82

Joe Haden (Browns) 79
Rolando McClain (Raiders) 79