Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Once again, nobody gives a fuck about the Tards, they had a lucky fluke year, those fucks were 1 yard away from not being in the playoffs at all, thank the refs for that.

Feb 14, 2004
^normally i'd say ban dis foo, but his ignorance is bringin entertainment to the forum. something that is needed a lil bit lol i like laughing at his stupidness lol
EDIT@GAYZ BOSS

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
49ers sign LB Marques Harris
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49ers-moves&prov=ap&type=lgns
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—The San Francisco 49ers have signed linebacker Marques Harris to a one-year contract.

Harris spent his first four seasons with San Diego before signing with San Francisco on Thursday. He played in 56 games for the Chargers, getting eight sacks, four fumble recoveries and forcing three fumbles.

The Niners also signed 12 undrafted rookie free agents before the start of minicamp Friday.

The team signed Ohio State offensive lineman Alex Boone, Bowling Green linebacker Diyral Biggs, Gardner-Webb receiver Dobson Collins, Stanford defensive lineman Pannel Egboh, Baylor quarterback Kirby Freeman, Wyoming guard Kyle Howard, South Florida offensive lineman Matthew Huners, Notre Dame cornerback Terrail Lambert, East Carolina defensive end Khalif Mitchell, Purdue running back Kory Sheets, South Carolina cornerback Carlos Thomas, and Georgia Tech cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
49ers wrap up rookie minicamp
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2009/05/03/49ers-wrap-up-rookie-minicamp/

The 49ers’ three-day minicamp concludes today with meetings and film study. No practice field stuff – and no press allowed.

That’s OK. There is still plenty of stuff left to talk about from the first two days …

# Rookie tight end Bear Pascoe earned his way to the NFL with his blocking skills, but he quickly demonstrated that he could catch, too. He has a fluid stride, soft hands and – at 6-foot-5, 251 pounds – provides a sizable target. Pascoe averaged 11.6 yards per catch on his 112 grabs at Fresno State. Plus, the dude is strong – and not from comfy 24Hour Fitness workout. Pascoe grew up on a farm in Porterville, where at an early age he was bucking hay, flanking calves and fixing fences.
“Ranch life, it’s a real hard life, so you either grow up tough or you leave, and I wasn’t about to leave that life,’’ he said. “I loved it too much, so I grew up tough.”

# It was hard to get much of a read on running back Glen Coffee (third round). The key with him is when the hitting starts. Coffee loves to cream people. He said one of his favorite things about football is hearing defensive players muttering to themselves after Coffee rumbles over them.
“Definitely,’’ he said. “It’s like, ‘You’re trying to tackle me? You’re trying to hurt me? I’d rather hurt you first.’ So that’s the way I see it.”

# Something about Scott McKillop (fifth round) reminds me of Derek Smith, who closed out his 49ers tenure with five consecutive seasons with at least 100 tackles (by NFL.com’s count). Maybe it’s the way McKillop’s eyes lit up when he start talking about the art of wrapping up.
While at Pittsburgh, missed tackles were treated like a deadly sin. During film room sessions, former Paul Rhodes (now the heat coach at Iowa State) would count up missed tackles and then think of some horrible punishment for the offenders – push-ups, up-downs, etc.
“We’d probably spend at least two or three periods per day just working on proper footwork, proper angles and securing the tackle,’’ McKillop said. A great defense doesn’t miss many tackles.”
Pittsburgh credited McKillop with a 151 tackles in 2007 and 137 in 2008.

# One of the key adjustments for defensive end Ricky Jean-Francois (seventh round) will be in the locker room. He had a reputation for speaking his mind – a lot – at LSU, and 49ers veterans might not put up with such a running commentary from a rookie.
Jean-Francois said he’s willing to “sit back and learn,’’ and he’s happy to be playing for someone like Mike Singletary.

“A lot of teams grilled me on my personality. I’m a straightforward person. If it’s something that needs to be heard, I’m going to say it. I’m not going to bite my tongue.,’’ he said. “And when I saw the San Francisco 49ers drafted me, I knew I ran into a coach that has the same personality as me, straightforward. Not going to tell you things you don’t need to know.”

# Singletary said he sat down with Jean-Francois and running back Kory Sheets (another vocal player) and told them, basically, that he believes in freedom of speech as long as that speech is constructive.
Singletary’s bottom line? ‘”This is the 49ers and I want you to respect yourself and respect the organization, respect the brand going forward. As long as you do that you’ll be fine.’”

# Receiver Michael Crabtree is targeting training camp as his return to the field. He just watched this time around, taking what he called “mental reps.” This camp was voluntary, meaning several veterans took a pass, but Crabtree is eager to get some more mental reps with future Hall of Famer Isaac Bruce.
“Oh yeah. He’s a great player in my eyes,’’ he said. “I can’t wait to learn whatever it is he has (to teach). I’m going to try to call him everyday to learn something.”

# Based on his strong play from last season, I think Shaun Hill has the upper hand in the quarterback competition. And he looked crisp on Saturday, betraying his reputation as a shaky practice player. Mercury News columnis Ann Killion wrote about the QB situation in today’s paper. Over at Tim Kawakami’s blog, there are transcripts of Saturday’s media sessions with Jimmy Raye and Greg Manusky.

# Singletary said the quarterback situation is something he, Raye and Mike Williams discuss every day. They talk about what they saw and about how the team responded. Intangibles count, even in minicamp. “Because for me, it’s (important) that when a quarterback steps in that huddle, magic happens. There’s something that wakes up everybody.”
4rm yesterday!

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
But there is no way anybody can objectively evaluate a young player (Smith turns 25 on Thursday) who hasn't played for nearly two full seasons. If Alex Smith were a bust, we wouldn't even know it yet.

Of the 49ers' past 32 games, Smith has missed 26 due to injuries to his throwing shoulder. Moreover, three of the six games in which Smith appeared he played with a separated shoulder. Anybody could tell he was in excruciating pain every time he was asked to throw the ball.

There might be those that say this is just an excuse. The injuries are not excuses why Smith has not produced the past two seasons; the injuries are facts.

Like most, I question just how effective Alex Smith would have been had he remained healthy. That is an entirely different argument. We will never know how Smith would have played in 2007 and '08 if he had not been injured. You can't play well (or poorly), if you don't play.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/cohn/2009/05/alex-smith-talks-about-the-new-alex-smith.html

Aug 7, 2003
But there is no way anybody can objectively evaluate a young player (Smith turns 25 on Thursday) who hasn't played for nearly two full seasons. If Alex Smith were a bust, we wouldn't even know it yet.

Of the 49ers' past 32 games, Smith has missed 26 due to injuries to his throwing shoulder. Moreover, three of the six games in which Smith appeared he played with a separated shoulder. Anybody could tell he was in excruciating pain every time he was asked to throw the ball.

There might be those that say this is just an excuse. The injuries are not excuses why Smith has not produced the past two seasons; the injuries are facts.

Like most, I question just how effective Alex Smith would have been had he remained healthy. That is an entirely different argument. We will never know how Smith would have played in 2007 and '08 if he had not been injured. You can't play well (or poorly), if you don't play.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/cohn/2009/05/alex-smith-talks-about-the-new-alex-smith.html
he's a lil pussy with wolf ears who doesnt command the respect of his teammates. hes a bitch. hes a bust.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
I DONT KNOW WHY THE NINERS DRAFTED ALEX SMITH INSTEAD OF AARON RODGERS.....THEY MADE A BIG MISTAKE AND I HEARD THAT SMITH HAS THE SMALLEST HANDS 4 A QB.....I WAS HELLA SUPRISED WHEN THE NINERS TOOK HIM #1 OVERALL AND I THINK ARRON RODGERS HAD 4000 YARDS PASSING LAST YEAR

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
he's a lil pussy with wolf ears who doesnt command the respect of his teammates. hes a bitch. hes a bust.
hater.

I DONT KNOW WHY THE NINERS DRAFTED ALEX SMITH INSTEAD OF AARON RODGERS.....THEY MADE A BIG MISTAKE AND I HEARD THAT SMITH HAS THE SMALLEST HANDS 4 A QB.....I WAS HELLA SUPRISED WHEN THE NINERS TOOK HIM #1 OVERALL AND I THINK ARRON RODGERS HAD 4000 YARDS PASSING LAST YEAR
Rodgers had 28 td's and 4,038 yards. 13 INT's and a 93.8 rating. Pretty good. But he got developed, behind one of the best, and he has some talent on that offense. I'm not saying he didn't have anything to do with it, but if we would took Rodger's too I can see us fuckin' him up too and Smith having success in GB.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
A Second Look At Crabtree
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=39593
Let's take a look at first-round choice Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech, a man who likely have a couple 100,000 words written about him before he takes his first snap in training camp. Crabtree's recent foot surgery will kept him out of the team's organized team activities and the 49ers are hopeful he'll be ready by the start of training camp. In fact, let's deal with question surrounding Crabby.

QUESTION ONE: The foot. The 49ers obviously don't believe the stress fracture will become a chronic issue. But the injury looked ugly, his ankle bent awkwardly while he tumbled out of bounds in a game against Baylor. The injury certainly proved his toughness. Despite needing surgery, Crabtree played in the Cotton Bowl against in the loss to Ole Miss, but was often taken out of the game. He caught a season-low four passes for 30 yards, but did score on a 2-yard slant route, and in fact, that's where his strength lies in short routes against tight coverage.

QUESTION TWO: The entourage that apparently turned off Browns' brass in his visit to Cleveland has become an issue or accordingly to his former coach at Texas Teach Mike Leach, a non-issue. In a conference call, Crabtree said he had 16 people with him at the draft in New York, but he said they included family and one coach - his parents, four brothers, one sister, gaggle of cousins and two little girl cousins. Can the guy be blamed for bringing his family, if they were indeed all his family? Not only that, Leach said Crabtree is not a loud, self-absorbed sort typically associated with a posse. Leach stressed that Crabtree ran away from the spot light instead of seeking it. Texas Tech had to force him into interviews last year with big media outlets.

QUESTION THREE: Speed. The foot surgery precluded him from running a 40, but the Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide had a time of 4.55 time for him. Speed is such a minor consideration it's hardly worth a mention - Jerry Rice Anquan Boldin, etc, etc. Not only that, Crabtree more than makes up for any perceived lack of speed with his run-after-catch abilities.

QUESTION FOUR: Crabtree came from a pass-orientated scheme that inflated his numbers and never allowed the opposition to play bracket coverage against him. For this question, general manager Scot McCloughan didn't really have an answer. When asked, he talked about Crabtree's other attributes such as toughness and run-after-the-catch. But this is a real concern. Crabtree, for his part, said he faced all sorts of different coverages.

I was skeptical of this pick when it was first made, but the more information that comes out about Crabtree, the better he seems. He's obviously a special athlete, after being a highly recruited basketball star out of high school (Bobby Knight recruited him) and he was an excellent prep quarterback. The combination gives a valuable perspective. "When I was a quarterback ... I wanted a receiver where I could just throw it up and he could go get it," Crabtree said during the draft, "or if I threw a pass, I knew he was going to cut in front of that DB and not let the interception happen." He also loves the game and relishes the receiver role. Many football players, if they had a choice, would choose to play basketball if they had the talent. Crabtree eschewed basketball for football, and he relishes the receiver spot. "I said I wanted to play receiver as soon as I got to college, and I kept that with me and I'm never going to turn back."