NEW QUINN CD IS TRASH IMO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
I been bumpin quinn since 96 and i hate the hyphy movement. love quinns old shit even i give you my word. but this cd was nothing like those and nothing that interest's me. maybe we need a consumer report section on siccness that lets people state what they think of the product like every other side that sells merchandise like amazon.com, cduniverse.com, circuitcity.com all of those when you click on the product to buy you can read what others have to think about it. and if you read one and its not good you can think to yourself that the person is stupid and buy it for yourself and make your own conclusions. but for fans who bought it which means we were expecting it to be a good album then listen to it and was disappointed in the product we should be able to say why we liked it or not. plain and simple.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
Mariel619 said:
I Finished Listen' 2 It & Its One Of If Not The Best CD He Ever DID...The Production On Most Tracks Was Str8 Laced
shit is an excellent album and i agree after one listen, i think its a very solid record. quinn never lets me down.

i also agree that this thread should not of been moved. i dont agree with mikevic saying its trash, but he has a right to his opinion. even though he said in another thread that gonzoe, young dru and hus were the worst rappers in the bay, lol. its obvious to me he and i aint got the same tastes in music, but this is a open forum and his thread should be taken for what it is and not moved. we'll read his point of view and make up our own minds. this is one of quinns best records and thats my opinion.

Apr 25, 2002
jayda650 said:
I'm getting the new Quinn for sure though, most of the Siccness are little teenagers that have their mouths so securly attached the hyphy movements nutsack they wouldn't know what a good hip hop album was if it socked them in the face. Quinn is a lyricist, not just another sheep riding the thizzed out hyphy bandwagon.
HAHAHAH!!!!!!

co-sign

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I know a lot of people will be wuick to hate on me but I will tell what I think about this CD

It has like 7 or 8 hyphie tracks and I was feeling 5 or 6 of them; the rest was mostly some east coast shit that I for the most part couldn't get into

I read what DoneDeal Kenny said - this album wasn't made for the Bay

well, there are 2 or 3 things that are bumpin nowadays, with hyphie being the freshest out there now; and I think all these watered down eastcoast styled tracks are already played out (at least I hope so); why following the east when what separates you from the others is your Bay style?? I Give You My Word was good because it managed to balance a more mainstream-oriented sound with the undergound Northern Cali sound; this album doesn't do it that well

I also have to agree with those who said Quinn is trying too hard to sound hard; he sounds forced quite a few times on this album

overall this will be a good album for most people I suppose; at least compared to all the crap that is dropping; when the average release out there has 1 tight track on it, this album has 5 or 6 which is almost classic by today's standarts

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Hyphy music is not the personification of what Bay Area Hip Hop is supposed to be, its cool but we have alot more to offer than just that style. We have true MCs in the Bay like Quinn who would cutting himself short to dumb down his lyrics to make an entire Hyphy styled record.

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
MAN FUCK YO COUCH MANEEEEE.......THIS SHIT KNOCKS MANE........I KNOW IT'S YO OPINION AND ALL BUT YOU NEED TO CHECK YO OPINION MANE AND THE CD BARELY DROP'D FUCK'N WAIT COUPLE WEEKS TO DROP YOUR NEGATIVE OPINION WHAT THE FUCK PPL BE SO QUICK WITH THEY NEGATIVE SHIT.........EY IF IT'S SOMETHING GOOD THEN GO AHEAD SAY IT BUT IF IT'S NEGATIVE THAT SHIT CAN WAIT MANE.........LET THE HOMII GET HIS MONEY MANEEE....DAMN SOME OF YALL.......

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
FUCK'N BITCHEZ..........GOT ME HEATED AND SHIT........I MEAN COME ON MANEEE SOME YALL SAY WE BAY AREA RAP FANS AND THEN SOON AS THE CD DROPS YALL COME ON HERE BASHIN' THAT SHIT.......IF YOU A BAY AREA RAP FAN THEN LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE AND JUST HOLD YOUR FUCK'N NEGATIVE OPINION FOR LIKE COUPLE WEEKS LET QUINN GET HIS MONEY, GET THE SOUNSCANS UP THEN YOU CAN SAY THAT SHIT OR HOWEVER YOU FELT BOUT THE CD........SOME YALL AIN'T REALLY EVEN BAY FANS PERIOD......JUST DOWNLOAD THE SHIT AND DROP YOUR TWO PENNYS CUZ IF YOU WAS A FAN YOU'D HAVE SOME SENSE IN YOU TO KEEP YOUR BITCH ASS QUIET ESP. WHEN SOEMONE PUTS IN HARD WORK AND TRYNA FEED THEY FAM. AND TRYNA HELP THE BAY BLOW UP.........

Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
Why I agree that the Bay is not all Hyphy I definately think no one would care about the bay if not for Hyphy, so sure go ahead and say that Quinn isn't hyphy and he shouldn't make hyphy stuff cuz that ain't him, and while I do agree with that and think he's not really a hyphy guy I think every bay artist needs to be doin the hyphy movement in some way, just like every southern artist did something crunk and is now doing something chopped and screwed, just like every LA artist did something G-Funk in the 1990s and just like every NY rapper is doin club songs. You can be yourself buy the bay is blowin up for HYPHY not for how the bay sounded before hyphy.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
PressPlay Prod. said:
whats ur definition of knock

it seems like the only things ppl care for are the beats, did everybody stop listening to the lyrical content of music?
there is little to be heard in the lyrics of most rappers nowadays

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
PressPlay Prod. said:
there is a world of music beyond mainstream media
CHECK WHO YOU TALKIN TO AND THEN MAKE STATEMENTS ABOUT WHAT MUSIC I LISTEN TO

I STICK TO WHT I SAID AND I AIN'T TALKIN BOUT MAINSTREAM MEDIA; MOST UNDERGORUND ARTISTS ARE SEMI-MAINSTREAM NOW; I REALLY DON'T SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOST SO CALLED "UNDERGORUND" ARTISTS AND THE SHIT THAT'S ON BILLBOARD CHARTS

SAN QUINN IS NO EXCEPTION

OR YOU FORGOT THAT DONE DEAL SIGNED TO UNIVERSAL?

May 4, 2002
IMO from what ive heard its not a cd i would buy. its kinda like when i heard igumw....... only a few good tracks and not worth buyin.