new postal rates

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2002
I have like 200+ to edit one by one. That would take days to do. So I edit the payment details on all of my auctions. You can do that on Ebay under Account - Site Preferences

Last edited:
May 1, 2002
Tell your homie sorry, but i can't lose $3-6 to mail a package. package supplies, time, and gas are all included.

if he bought it before February, I had no problem at the time.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2003
Although I feel you Marv I gotta take side with Bohnafied. I understand and know that shipping rates have increased but that's not the buyer's problem. If your description says shipping is $7 then the shipping is $7 period. Extra charges because the seller suddenly finds out his rates don't cover shipping is not the buyer's problem, even though he might be aware that the rates have increased recently.
It's OK to ask the buyer if it's OK for him to pay more for shipping and explaining the situation but sending a message telling that you have to add $5 on shipping after the auction has ended is just wrong -gas money or not. You win some and you lose some -on this you lost. Don't take that out on the buyer. Adjust your shipping rates for your next batch on ebay.

May 1, 2002
bro, i have too many listings to go into each individually and change the pricing in the item description. that's why i did a general edit on all of my listings in the shipping and handling tab. prior to clicking buy it now, in my opinion, if the shipping is too high then the buyer didn't have to purchase the item initially right?

for example:

D Moe City Boy 1 Sean Kingston Telly Mac Matt Blaque The Jacka SFC Bay Area Rap | eBay

its easier if i only list like 5-10 items every month or so, but i have a store and it is runned much differently.

May 1, 2002
Although I feel you Marv I gotta take side with Bohnafied. I understand and know that shipping rates have increased but that's not the buyer's problem. If your description says shipping is $7 then the shipping is $7 period. Extra charges because the seller suddenly finds out his rates don't cover shipping is not the buyer's problem, even though he might be aware that the rates have increased recently.
It's OK to ask the buyer if it's OK for him to pay more for shipping and explaining the situation but sending a message telling that you have to add $5 on shipping after the auction has ended is just wrong -gas money or not. You win some and you lose some -on this you lost. Don't take that out on the buyer. Adjust your shipping rates for your next batch on ebay.
i didn't send a message telling him to pay more for shipping, i didn't have too. the change in raised shipping and handling was clearly disclaimed in the item description (shipping and payments tab)

May 25, 2005
^^ yeah he wasnt trippin over 5$ more on a cd he got for a good price, he just asked if i wouldve mentioned it, and i said nah i know for a fact prices went up on everbodys shit, so when the invoice says 12 instead of 7, i know that 12 is the proper shipping charge.

May 3, 2002
If it's the same bohnafied that sells, he always has his auctions listed at "free shipping", then in the fine print states that shipping is $10.....He pissed me off with that shit, because I didn't see it til after.

On my last auction I didn't see the new charges til after and had to eat them.