new job

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
If you haven't accrued the hours, technically you DONT have those sick days. You can try and take those days, they just won't pay you. Also, just cause you put your 2 weeks in doesn't mean they need you or want you for those 2 weeks. They can pretty much tell you to eat shit and take you 2 weeks with you

Feb 3, 2014
If you haven't accrued the hours, technically you DONT have those sick days. You can try and take those days, they just won't pay you. Also, just cause you put your 2 weeks in doesn't mean they need you or want you for those 2 weeks. They can pretty much tell you to eat shit and take you 2 weeks with you
actually I DO have the sick days...I can use them as paid sick days..but I cannot cash them out once I leave...they give you the hours in advance assuming you will work the full year

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
actually I DO have the sick days...I can use them as paid sick days..but I cannot cash them out once I leave...they give you the hours in advance assuming you will work the full year
Ok I get it... So yeah, You should've took those and then put in your notice. Again, you can put your notice in and anytime within those 2 weeks the company can come back and say they don't need you and you're free to go

Jan 5, 2006
I remember when I used to work in retail they told me I should write a resignation letter. I said fuck you, I'm out in two weeks.. regardless, even after the fact I told you I would be looking for a new job but staying until you find my replacement then I'm out two weeks after that.. this ain't google or some fortune 500 company.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
When I went from non union to union at my last employer, I had vacation time and sick time banked. They cashed out my vacation pay but sick leave was chalked up as a loss.
Fucked up shit was I dislocated my ankle and was on modified duty for 6 months, Workin in the office answering phones mainly. As soon as the Dr. released me I joined he union. I had 2 months sick leaved banked and had plenty of time to use it had I known.

May 16, 2002
I used to work & certified in electronics & became a CNA afterwards when electronic companies started to fold. Every company I've left always offered more pay to get me to stay. The last one also offered more money until they found out I was going to work at a funeral home. They couldn't match the pay / benefits.

I'm in a comfort zone & have no intention of leaving unless I open my own funeral home. I've found my career rather than continue working a "job."

Best of luck at your new employment.

Jan 5, 2006
I used to work & certified in electronics & became a CNA afterwards when electronic companies started to fold. Every company I've left always offered more pay to get me to stay. The last one also offered more money until they found out I was going to work at a funeral home. They couldn't match the pay / benefits.

I'm in a comfort zone & have no intention of leaving unless I open my own funeral home. I've found my career rather than continue working a "job."

You're a director, counselor, embalmer?

I always thought about the field but never got past the lightweight creepy step. No offense

Feb 3, 2014

i remember once i saw an ad on craigslist to be one of the guys hauling around the dead bodies..said make up to 9 grand a month..true?

May 16, 2002
You're a director, counselor, embalmer?

I always thought about the field but never got past the lightweight creepy step. No offense
LOL! It's not for everybody. Yes, I'm a director.

i remember once i saw an ad on craigslist to be one of the guys hauling around the dead bodies..said make up to 9 grand a month..true?
It depends on the distance / funeral deal.

My friend's dad does cremating, said burning dead bodies smell like whoppers
LOL! Never thought about it that way.