my SD rap collection....what am i missing??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
@SDC Kidd or anyone else who knows: QUESTION ABOUT XXL HANDGUNNER VOL 2 AND 3

were vol 2 and vol 3 only sold as CDRs or were there some pressed silver disc versions of them? After ordering a replacement copy of vol 4, i recieved a pressed disc, not a cheap CDR. my vol 1 is pressed as well. so am i right in assuming that all of them were pressed professionally on silver discs, and the other cdr versions are either bootlegs or "2nd pressings" after the OG discs sold out? I'm anal about my shit so if pressed versions exist, I gotta find em lol.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
hmm.. that seems weird. but yeah, I had always thought they were just CDR releases as well, until I recreved these pressed versions in rhe mail... maybe SDC Kid @SDC Kid or someone else from Wrongkind can shed some light.

Last edited:

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
Not weird.... an increase in demand after the cash was made off the initial hood burnt independently pushed cdr's led to a proper pressing.... I'm finna do the same thing with Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol1 after I release Vol2, which will be pressed
ahhhh... when you put it like that it makes more sense, but my initial thought would be the opposite. Either way, I'd like to know if all the volumes were issued properly pressed or not.

BTW, when are you dropping those? Heard good stuff about you.

Last edited:

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
you know what homie? I think you may be right, because I was just looking at my pressed copy of XXL Handgunner vol 1 and on the insert it shows pics of xxl 1-3 as being "also available" along with Trigeration Station and Urban Survival Syndrome. Good call homie. Would still be interested to find out if they all were pressed up after the cdr versions

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
if youre anal about SD cd's you might be in the wrong game, you gon have to get them how they come, alot were made at the pad with cd burners hustler style and every once in a while the first batch was made with a person who professionally pressed up shit. u gotta keep in mid alot of these niggas ended up with 100 of they own cds in they garage and here you come wanting the original.

theres alot of shit you aint ever gonna find unless you spend some cheese youre not even close to having a full discography of SD cd's, trust me. theres alot out there but alot had limited pressings of they albums. if you dont know people in SD you might be shit out of luck finding certain things but ppl like me and others will probably get you a copy of certain shit if the price is right.

alot of times the ppl who put them out dont even still have copies of shit youre seeking out. lets say for instance easttrippin. i got a copy of it and its scratched but i pulled every song off the CD i had and the CD was burnt, every CD was bburnt of that album, there is no official and never will be. what you pay for it is how much you care about having it in your collection.

like i created all gas no brakes radio and i dont even have official cds cuz this was the future and CD's was bullshit at the time anyway, i got it on a drive. i can make 'official cds' for sure, that would come from only me, and theres a few cds that were official, but shit those should go for fucking bread. cuz they have original art on the cover that wasnt even copied and printed i actually drew out the cover and sold them for 20.

some shit u gon have to just take it how it comes and be happy that you got a copy mane. cuz SD shit is technically pretty much in the streets. you were lucky if you got it professionally printed. and even then most of us took our cds and didnt take care of them like they would be collectors editions , like i got all types of scratched up SD cd's that you could eventually pull shit from on a perfect cd. but it is what it is.

some of that shit you only gonna get from the person itself. or hope that you know a fan who kept the shit intact. cuz i got alot of rare SD shit but damn if i kept it in good condition cuz it was just local shit i aint care about enough to think it was gonna be worth money one day.

sorry to rant i was just thinkin about shit. if i woulda known shit oulda been 200 dollars later on all that shit woulda stayed in glass cases! lol

Last edited:

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
if youre anal about SD cd's you might be in the wrong game, you gon have to get them how they come, alot were made at the pad with cd burners hustler style and every once in a while the first batch was made with a person who professionally pressed up shit. u gotta keep in mid alot of these niggas ended up with 100 of they own cds in they garage and here you come wanting the original.

theres alot of shit you aint ever gonna find unless you spend some cheese youre not even close to having a full discography of SD cd's, trust me. theres alot out there but alot had limited pressings of they albums. if you dont know people in SD you might be shit out of luck finding certain things but ppl like me and others will probably get you a copy of certain shit if the price is right.

alot of times the ppl who put them out dont even still have copies of shit youre seeking out. lets say for instance easttrippin. i got a copy of it and its scratched but i pulled every song off the CD i had and the CD was burnt, every CD was bburnt of that album, there is no official and never will be. what you pay for it is how much you care about having it in your collection.

like i created all gas no brakes radio and i dont even have official cds cuz this was the future and CD's was bullshit at the time anyway, i got it on a drive. i can make 'official cds' for sure, that would come from only me, and theres a few cds that were official, but shit those should go for fucking bread. cuz they have original art on the cover that wasnt even copied and printed i actually drew out the cover and sold them for 20.

some shit u gon have to just take it how it comes and be happy that you got a copy mane. cuz SD shit is technically pretty much in the streets. you were lucky if you got it professionally printed. and even then most of us took our cds and didnt take care of them like they would be collectors editions , like i got all types of scratched up SD cd's that you could eventually pull shit from on a perfect cd. but it is what it is.

some of that shit you only gonna get from the person itself. or hope that you know a fan who kept the shit intact. cuz i got alot of rare SD shit but damn if i kept it in good condition cuz it was just local shit i aint care about enough to think it was gonna be worth money one day.

sorry to rant i was just thinkin about shit. if i woulda known shit oulda been 200 dollars later on all that shit woulda stayed in glass cases! lol
@ gas one im just saying, if pressed versions exist i would like to find em. Yeah i know all about SD shit being released on CDR. have a few of them myself. and I know i'll never have a full discography.. but anything thats dope and obtainable i'd like to grab

L @Likwit - thats whats up.. all i was originally saying was that it was possible that bootlegs were sold the same time as pressed copies...like i know that bootleg copies of Don Diego "Red Everything" exist and were being sold in Dago when it was released. when are you putting your cds out? i'd like to grab one of each when u do.

Last edited:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
im just saying, if pressed versions exist i would like to find em. Yeah i know all about SD shit being released on CDR. have a few of them myself. and I know i'll never have a full discography.. but anything thats dope and obtainable i'd like to grab
find street general on facebook.
i dont think dude has his store anymore but when i was there he had hundreds of rare sd cd's. i'm sure he still has them for a price.

Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
My new shit is being mixed by Mackvillin right now... should be pressed and released between May n June of this year.... Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol3 should follow about 4 months behind that.... followed by Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol4 approximately 4 months after that.... followed by Napalm!ThAlbum.... ima try to master n rerelease/ press up Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol1 in between all that, probably between vol2-3

Jan 25, 2009
find street general on facebook.
i dont think dude has his store anymore but when i was there he had hundreds of rare sd cd's. i'm sure he still has them for a price.
i dont remember how many times a tried to cop something from him and with no luck always end up promises

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
i dont remember how many times a tried to cop something from him and with no luck always end up promises
damn thats too bad. he had EVERYTHING in his store. he should open up an ebay store, he'd make a killing. he is sitting on a gold mine and doesnt even know it.
he is a photographer now tho.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
damn thats too bad. he had EVERYTHING in his store. he should open up an ebay store, he'd make a killing. he is sitting on a gold mine and doesnt even know it.
i should offer him a grand for his whole collection......then i would turn around and open my own ebay store!

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
kali konnect right? i think i remember someone posting a picture of the SD rap section (part of it, anyway) and that shit was STOCKED!! multiple copies of everything. correct me if im wrong, but it doesnt seem theres anything even close to that anymore is there? Access is cool, and I have gotten some good stuff through them.. but their local selection is pretty limited from what I can tell. they also seem to be more geared towards "hip hop" rather than gangsta rap (although they do carry some.)

I would happily fork over some cash for his back-stock of CDs

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
kali konnect right? i think i remember someone posting a picture of the SD rap section (part of it, anyway) and that shit was STOCKED!! multiple copies of everything. correct me if im wrong, but it doesnt seem theres anything even close to that anymore is there? Access is cool, and I have gotten some good stuff through them.. but their local selection is pretty limited from what I can tell. they also seem to be more geared towards "hip hop" rather than gangsta rap (although they do carry some.)

I would happily fork over some cash for his back-stock of CDs
he has to have at least half of what i saw still available. and yup Kali Konnect.
if i run into him i'll ask him!

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
My new shit is being mixed by Mackvillin right now... should be pressed and released between May n June of this year.... Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol3 should follow about 4 months behind that.... followed by Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol4 approximately 4 months after that.... followed by Napalm!ThAlbum.... ima try to master n rerelease/ press up Napalm!ThaMixtapeVol1 in between all that, probably between vol2-3
dope shit keep us posted

Last edited: