Music News

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cold Cave is on right now. I have never seen so many hipsters in one spot in my life. Then again that's Pfork fest in general I guess.

Wearing all black with leather jackets has to be brutal in that midwest summer heat for the band. Maybe one of them will pass out if I keep watching.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Gang Gang Dance hitting the stage is going to be like turning on the Bat-Signal for hipsters all throughout Pfork. They are going to all flock to the stage and bounce around while wearing pink Stussy shirts and headbands.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Only caught the last 15 mins or so of Kurt but it was good, missed the Fresh & Only's tho. =/

What song did Mellowhype perform before Miek G did Everything is Yours?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Naw he put on a pretty good show, was pretty into it. Had some little mic to make his voice lo-fi and the whole shabang,

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
yeah it might be a midwest thing, instead of tank tops we wear throwbacks. Saw some pretty funny ones.

Toro was the best, Chaz said it was the biggest crowd they've had in the States. My whole section was a giant dance party. Gang Gang Dance was insane, they had so many drums. My friend was smoking cheese goo and was near freaking out watching them but loved it. Twin Shadow did a 25 minute set and didn't play Yellow Balloon or At My Heels, this little metal-head lookin dude next to me was pissed lol. I missed half of Yuck's set and they forgot the words and fucked up on a couple songs. Overall I'd rate it like this

Toro Y Moi > Gang Gang Dance > Baths > TVOTR > No Age > Cut Copy > DJ Shadow > Odd Future > Kurt Vile >>>> (Disappointments) Twin Shadow > Yuck > Destroyer > The Radio Dept.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Chino Moreno is known primarily for as the frontman of Deftones. But aside from that outfit’s devastating metal-tinged sound, Moreno has more gentle musical ambitions. Those aspirations first surfaced in his side project Team Sleep, featuring Wavves/Hella drummer Zach Hill, which resulted in 2005′s self-titled album. Now, Moreno and Far guitarist Shaun Lopez have unveiled a free EP for the similarly-sounding project ††† (Crosses).

The five-song EP is steeped in electronic music and sees Moreno and Lopez building some very ethereal soundscapes. As Moreno himself put it in an interview with Noisecreep.com earlier this year, “It’s really minimal and soothing and it’s sort of like the stuff I like listening to when I’m not screaming my head off.” According to NME, a full-length album of 16 tracks is also in the works, with a potential cameo from Giant Drag’s Annie Hardy.

The EP is available below in exchange for an email. Or, pony up the $5 for the deluxe edition, which features copies of handwritten lyrics and higher quality sound formats.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/08/download-†††-crosses-ep/