Movies that you think suck, but everyone else likes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Carlito's Way was a way better movie and had the better main character, yet everyone loves Scarface.

Props: erry
Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
scarface is so dope to me because its so cheesy and over the top, carlitos way is great, but its way more serious movie than scarface and not fair to compare em imo. closer over the top gangster movie is king of new york, they have similar dark vibe, over the top violence, acting, fun movies to watch, tony montana and frank white are pretty close, both wanna take over the drug game without giving a fuck and they aren't that smart

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
The Raid Redemption

I saw it mentioned somewhere so I checked out reviews and all praised it to no end. I just didn't like it.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Carlito's Way was a way better movie and had the better main character, yet everyone loves Scarface.
When I was a kid, Boyz In the Hood was my favorite movie, then it was Menace II Society. THEN, I saw Scarface, blew my mind. Is the story likely to happen? No. Could it happen? Yes. Drug money gets serious money. Everything in that story could actually happen. Some of it is ridiculous, but it's like an ode to old gangster movies. If you look at other movies like New Jack City or In Too Deep, are the main bosses any less cheesy if you think about it? At the very least, it's just a story about a dude with nothing doing anything he can to get everything he wants and achieves that goal but pays the penalties of who he stepped on to get there. I thought it was great but when every rapper started swearing they were Tony Montana, that's what made it gay. If it never blew up in the late 90's and early 2000's like that, I think it would've held up better than it has. That tainted the movie and blew it out of proportion.

Carlito's way was legit though aka the JP Morgan of the smack business

Feb 14, 2004
Yeah I don't even look at it that way. It's a movie and it entertained me. It did it's job. I don't care if a shit ton of rappers rapped about a movie. What a rapper raps about isn't going to ruin anything for me. If that were the case, I'd hate money by now lol

Last edited:
Props: BO$$
May 16, 2002
What didn't you like about it if you don't mind me asking. If you do mind me asking, answer it anyways lol
LOL! I don't really know, Breh. I expected more I guess. My buddy & I were at the store the other day & he hasn't seen it. I told him I didn't care for it & he was like, "Whaaaaa?!?!?!? I heard it's suppose to be the shit."

It made me think of all the post about it on here. Maybe I'm missing something. Then again, I don't remember it too much.

I watched it once & really wasn't impressed. I simply posted "Drive" in this thread so maybe I get some insight on what it is I'm missing. Seriously going to give it a second chance.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
When I was a kid, Boyz In the Hood was my favorite movie, then it was Menace II Society. THEN, I saw Scarface, blew my mind. Is the story likely to happen? No. Could it happen? Yes. Drug money gets serious money. Everything in that story could actually happen. Some of it is ridiculous, but it's like an ode to old gangster movies. If you look at other movies like New Jack City or In Too Deep, are the main bosses any less cheesy if you think about it? At the very least, it's just a story about a dude with nothing doing anything he can to get everything he wants and achieves that goal but pays the penalties of who he stepped on to get there. I thought it was great but when every rapper started swearing they were Tony Montana, that's what made it gay. If it never blew up in the late 90's and early 2000's like that, I think it would've held up better than it has. That tainted the movie and blew it out of proportion.

Carlito's way was legit though aka the JP Morgan of the smack business
I get what you are saying about the cheesy main bosses, but what made the movie over the top was the lack of strategy. In too Deep and New Jack City had bosses that seemed actually use strategy along with dishing out random ass whoopin, so at least there was a balance: showing both the dog eat dog side, and human chessboard side of the game.

The rappers didn't taint the movie, they just overexposed it...Which is a good thing cause it probably saved the world from seeing Tarentino doing a remake.

Props: Coach E. No
May 5, 2002
i actually love this movie haha. Bill murray = goat
man....dont me wrong bill murray is a savage....but this movie was so slow and terrible....just not interesting....lolololol pulling my beard hair and toe hairs would be more entertaining than watching this movie....maybe i will try and watch it again. But it was just so boring.

Last edited:
Props: Coach E. No

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I get what you are saying about the cheesy main bosses, but what made the movie over the top was the lack of strategy. In too Deep and New Jack City had bosses that seemed actually use strategy along with dishing out random ass whoopin, so at least there was a balance: showing both the dog eat dog side, and human chessboard side of the game.

The rappers didn't taint the movie, they just overexposed it...Which is a good thing cause it probably saved the world from seeing Tarentino doing a remake.
I guess I kinda took it like, what Tony didn't have in experience, he made up for with balls and determination which also led to his downfall. Sosa was clearly ahead of him in terms of his operation and how he handled his business. Tony thought once he got his chips up and got his power, he couldn't be messed with. He had a staff of his former boss, his boys that were left, security cameras all around his compound and all that. Sosa sent a damn fleet of dudes up there and Tony wasn't ready for any of that. Tony was caught slippin multiple times but he also forgot the 2 rules taught to him by Frank, don't underestimate the other guys greed and don't get high on your own supply. That was his downfall ultimately. Some movies aren't for everyone but if someone tells me they don't like movies like Braveheart, I really can't understand that.