MOVIES THAT LOOK HELLA CLEAN IN HD...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2004
WHAT ARE SOME MOVIES THAT YOU THINK LOOK ESPECIALLY GOOD ON BLU-RAY/HD?

OF COURSE NEWER SCI-FI MOVIES LIKE AVATAR, AND SUPER HERO MOVIES WITH LOTS OF SPECIAL FX ARE CLEAN... BUT HAVE YALL WATCHED A MOVIE THAT YOU RE-WATCHED AGAIN AND APPRECIATED IT ALOT MORE BECAUSE OF GOOD HD VISUALS? MAYBE A MOVIE FROM THE 80'S OR EARLIER U ENJOYED ALOT MORE BECAUSE OF HD?

FOR EXAMPLE IM WATCHING JARHEAD FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HD, ITS A GOOD MOVIE BUT NOTHING SPECIAL IMO... BUT IM LIKIN IT LIKE TWICE AS MUCH JUST BECAUSE ITS HD, THE SCENE WHERE EVERYBODY'S COVERED IN OIL LOOKS FUCKIN SICK.

Jul 9, 2007
The Book Of Eli. I saw it in the theater but I think I like it better on my 50in hdtv better. I know it ain't old but Mila Kunis in HD is the shit period.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
I don't have to many older movies on blu-ray except for- the monster squad,goodfellas,
these are some of my favorites
vv

Apocalypto
Hellboy 2
Pan's labyrinth

Jul 27, 2009
The Dark Knight looks great on Blu Ray and i havent gotten the blu ray but ive read that the Remastered version of Gangs Of New York looks fucking amazing

i usually go here to check if blurays have good quality. and they tell you whenever movies go down on price and whenever a movie is getting released on Blu Ray

http://www.blu-ray.com/

Oct 23, 2009
^Yeah Gangs of New York looked very good in Blu Ray. Resident Evil 2 looked real good also as far as quality goes.

Edit: Actually it was part 3 that looked good.

Jul 27, 2009
^Yeah Gangs of New York looked very good in Blu Ray. Resident Evil 2 looked real good also as far as quality goes.
oh yeah i forgot about that one, i bought it for 7 dollars a couple months ago. and i just remembered about the original Halloween. for an old movie this looks hella clean

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
I must need my eyes fixed, I see no difference in quality between HD & SD only a change in aspect ratio (wide screen)
The difference depends on the quality of the HD master, some are better than others. Here's a great example of the difference between an SD source (DVD) and an extremely well done HD restoration/transfer. Look at the increased level of detail.

DVD

Blu-Ray

Sep 29, 2003
Jackie Brown looks amazing in Blu-Ray. Sam Jackson's jheri curl is off the richter scale....the worst quality one I have seen, and probably the worst one that exists, is 28 Days Later..

not hating, but im pretty sure that we had a thread about this already a long time ago....

Jul 27, 2009
Jackie Brown looks amazing in Blu-Ray. Sam Jackson's jheri curl is off the richter scale....the worst quality one I have seen, and probably the worst one that exists, is 28 Days Later..

not hating, but im pretty sure that we had a thread about this already a long time ago....
shit, when did Jackie Brown come out on Blu? its not out in the US. ive been waiting for that and Pulp Fiction to come out on blu ray

those are two of my favorite movies of all time

Jun 5, 2004
THANKS... GANGS OF NEW YORK IM GETTIN THAT FASHO LOL, THAT IS A SICK ASS MOVIE I WANNA SEE THE SNOW BATTLE ON HD...

IVE BEEN WATCHING MOVIES ON MY CABLE/ONDEMAND AND DOWNLOADING ZUNE MOVIES ON MY XBOX. I STILL DONT EVEN HAVE A BLU-RAY PLAYER, NEED TO GET ONE. I DIDNT GET ONE AT FIRST CAUSE THERE WERENT ENOUGH TITLES.

I NEED TO CHECK PRICES AND GET ONE. AM I GONNA REGRET IT IF I GET A CHEAPER BLU-RAY PLAYER INSTEAD OF A SONY OR SOMETHING? I GOT A 720P 32".

OR SHOULD I WAIT AND SEE IF PRICES GO DOWN ON PS3'S IN A FEW MONTHS

Jul 27, 2009
GOT A LG BLU-RAY PLAYER FOR A COOL $99. HAD TO COP DARK KNIGHT OF COURSE. AND I COPPED X MEN ORGINS, AND SPIRIT... AND GETTIN SOME SHIT ON NETFLIX BOO YA
oh yeah The Spirit gots amazing video quality. thats the type of movie that you play when you wanna show off your hdtv

and when you cop Gangs Of New York, make sure you get the Remastered one becuase there's two versions out and the regular one has shitty quality

the one you wanna get looks like this

the one to avoid is this one