Movie Re-makes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
heat is a lot better than l.a takedown
Read a cool story about the LA Takedown and Heat thing a few years ago, I guess Michael Mann had been trying to get it made since the early 80's but nobody would take it until NBC picked it up for a Made for TV movie in 89. After Mann made a ton of money for Hollywood with Last of the Mohicans and got some clout he remade it as Heat and called LA Takedown his practice run lol

Dec 26, 2004
There are very few remakes I do like...
Scarface, The Thing, The Fly, 3:10 to Yuma, Cape Fear
As I didnt know these were even remakes til someone told me.
I remember awhile back they were going to remake The Warriors, anyone know about it?

Props: Coach E. No

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I remember awhile back they were going to remake The Warriors, anyone know about it?
Tony Scott was supposed to direct it, but died last year.

Scott chose LA for the setting of the film as he classed it as a horizontal city, rather than a vertical one like New York. Scott had a vision for a hundred thousand gang members to be in the film and was out and about promoting the film to real gangs in the city. This has included the Crips, Bloods, The 18th Street Gang and the Vietnamese. All of whom have been enthusiastic about the movie as they were fans of the original.