Most successful bay area artist (Currently Active)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
The Cataracs produced a couple big singles this past year.

New Boyz-Back Seat (Plat)

Dev-In The Dark (Plat)

not too mention Like A G6 that went hella platinum.

May 8, 2011
Anyone who's had 33 million dollars should never be considered a failure.....And I'm sure there are plenty of rappers in The Bay making a living off of their music but not many making a killing off their music which should be the goal.....
Having 33 million and not making it into more but instead getting milked for it all like a clown is a fail however you look at it. Im sure he had some real fun years but damn 33 million and then nothing?????

Jul 25, 2007
Green Day

They are from Rodeo.

"Green Day has sold over 65 million records worldwide with 25 million in the US alone. The group has won five Grammy Awards: Best Alternative Album for Dookie, Best Rock Album for American Idiot, Record of the Year for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", Best Rock Album for the second time for 21st Century Breakdown and Best Musical Show Album for American Idiot: The Original Broadway Cast Recording. In 2010, a stage adaptation of American Idiot debuted on Broadway. The musical has been nominated for several Tony Awards, including Best Musical and Best Scenic Design, and has received generally positive reviews.

The three albums will be called ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!, and will be released September 25, 2012, November 13, 2012, and January 15, 2013 respectively."

You know they will sell a couple million each. Maybe even more. Add worldwide tours for each album and its a wrap.

/Thread

Mar 26, 2010
anyone who thinks hammer is broke its retarded . hammer live in tracy on a street named after him ! who got that! he went from broke to 33 million to broke to living good! 2012 he still marketing his name!

Apr 25, 2002
i think Journey shitted on Green Days sales too. they rock with that pinoy so they're still in effect.

rap wise, Del got better than top 10 in a gang of countries with Clint Eastwood. i know its technically Gorillaz, but Del and Dan The Automator made it Oak/SF. Dels money aint there, but he took it far with that song.

Mar 11, 2011
San Rafeal/Marin.... I used to play poker with Lars at the pastime in benicia...
Ugh the old past time w/ the backroom poker games. I played in a couple back in 2008 then they turned it into this yuppie ass bar. Actually out of town trim love the yuppie bar so it's good.

I miss the Past time tho. Go down there and get hella hammed and play pool on the slanted table til they kick you out