most slept on album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
8FIVE8 said:
Your right about almost every MC starting from the underground, but to STAY underground is a different thing. There has to be a better reason than not wanting to sellout. Dont get me wrong, there are independant MC's/producers out there that might be living comfortable but I really doubt that there are that many. I wouldnt be surprised if there were under 10. I cant think of any independant label i would sign with if I was tight. If I had to pick it would probably be TVT.
of course if you have a choice between signing with an independent or a major you are goin to sign with the major...but not everybody has that option or the resources to make something that happen.but it doesnt make them any less of a quality rapper just cause you are on a independent label.i can be the dopest rapper ever,but that doesnt mean i can just walk up to def jam and expect them to hand me a contract...the indie labels are just stepping stones to get your name out.you can be the greatest rapper of all time but if you just sit on your ass and expect universal to come knockin on your door it isnt going to happen

i guess i just dont associate money directly to talent like you do. you make it sound like that is all music is about,like if you aint makin money,you aint shit...thats why we have the bullshit we have on the radio these days,is cause of that attitude. everybody buys into the bling bling image that they create to sell albums to 15 year old girls,and start to really believe that music is all about making money. so we end up with the watered down product that you hear on the radio everyday.you can have that shit,if you want to support some guy so he can go buy the gold-plated hummer he has always wanted then go right ahead...im going to support the cats that are doin it for the right reasons and are putting out quality music

May 8, 2002
SiccFucc said:
of course if you have a choice between signing with an independent or a major you are goin to sign with the major...but not everybody has that option or the resources to make something that happen.but it doesnt make them any less of a quality rapper just cause you are on a independent label.i can be the dopest rapper ever,but that doesnt mean i can just walk up to def jam and expect them to hand me a contract...the indie labels are just stepping stones to get your name out.you can be the greatest rapper of all time but if you just sit on your ass and expect universal to come knockin on your door it isnt going to happen

i guess i just dont associate money directly to talent like you do. you make it sound like that is all music is about,like if you aint makin money,you aint shit...thats why we have the bullshit we have on the radio these days,is cause of that attitude. everybody buys into the bling bling image that they create to sell albums to 15 year old girls,and start to really believe that music is all about making money. so we end up with the watered down product that you hear on the radio everyday.you can have that shit,if you want to support some guy so he can go buy the gold-plated hummer he has always wanted then go right ahead...im going to support the cats that are doin it for the right reasons and are putting out quality music

Real Talk!!!

Apr 20, 2005
SiccFucc said:

Its just funny to me that independent rappers rap about the same exact shit that commercial rappers talk about. I'm speakin about Gangster and Ballin hip hop though. I dont associate money to talent. I just think that 90% of all hip hop is wack.

I listen to underground hip hop. From them Stones Throw cats to El-P Def Jux. Thats my favorite shit. I see u got the Living Legends thing goin on. I used to listen to that shit but that Creative Difference LP was str8 trash i'm sorry. Thanks for correcting me on some shit. I did speak too fast, but its just funny that some people think certain wack MC's are tight. I'm sure i'm not the only one that disagrees with that. Let me see a list of the shit u'd be bumpin so I can understand alot more from where u commin from.

My slept on list/favorite artists:

Ras Kass/DJ Quik/Crooked I
Kam/Tha Alkaholiks/Renegadez
Oh No/Kali Wild/Mitchy Slick/Wrongkind
Infamous MC/Anything outta SD,Cali
El-P/Balance/Frontline/Bloc Runnaz
Juice (freestyles only)/Yukmouth/E 40/B-Legit
Techniec/Tray Dee/Jayo Felony

No one has a line up harder than this.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
as much of a living legends fan i am even i can agree that creative differences was wack,so i feel you
on that one,haha

i can name shit forever that i listen to,there isnt much from coast to coast that i dont listen to,but i will just give some examples from each area

west:
living legends-grouch,eligh,sunspot,aesop,bicasso,lucky,murs,scarub..all solos by them also
hiero crew-especially souls and pep
project blowed-aceyalone,abstract rude,mikah 9,busdriver etc.
san diego shit-cricet,c-band,crown,ecay uno,mitchy,lil c.s etc.
then of course regulars like yuk,mess,quinn,all the mob figz,a-wax,nicky t,quipto,zion i,ras kass,self scientific,frontline,syko,hollow tip..could go on for days

anyway,i will just name some other of my favorites from other regions,dont feel like typing them all out

jedi mind tricks
outerspace
mf doom
mf grimm
perceptionists
Definitive Jux (aesop rock,rjd2,hanger 18,mr lif,c-rayz,can ox)....i HATE el-p
justus league (phonte,big pooh,median,joe scudda,9th wonder,nicolay,khrysis,away team,chandaun)
brother ali
sage francis
trae
z-ro
paul wall
chamillionaire
arsonists (especially q-unique and freestyle)
vordul mega
devin the dude
tech n9ne
celph titled
apathy
esoteric

Stealth

May 8, 2002
AZ - Aziatic

If you dont have this album, you really should put it at the top of your list. I personally feel that its the best album to come out since 2000. <--- God knows someone will disagree with me on that.

Hovy

Sicc OG
Oct 16, 2002
smallski61916 said:
Here are the some of the most slept on albums of history that all yall need to get:

Esham: A-1 Yola
Dice: Theneighborhoodshittalkka & Black Monday
Mastamind: Themindzi & Streetvalu (been dyin to get dat!)
Natas: WWW.com & Multikillionaire: The Devil's Contract

I totally agree....I would add every Esham album along with every Natas album as the most sleep on period. Everyone bites Esham's style from day one. The Wicket Shit Will Never Die!!!!!!!!!