Mortal Kombat vs DC will have Fatalities and Brutalities

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
the arguement between dc and marvel in this thread shouldnt be about who can beat who but who has a more diverse roster in order to make a better video game product. sure,superman could beat anybody,big fuckin deal,you gonna make a game with one fuckin character? dont think so

amount of notable dc chars = maybe 10

amount of notable marvel chars = close to 50

those 10 dc chars could be the strongest in the the whole comic universe,but that isnt going to come through in a game. marvel has a more diverse and attractive roster by far

Feb 9, 2003
Please. Name those 50 notable Marvel Characters. At most they have about the same if not less than their DC counter parts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Please. Name those 50 notable Marvel Characters. At most they have about the same if not less than their DC counter parts.
there are like 25 members of x-men past and present alone. they are the most recognizable group of our generation. they had their own saturday morning cartoon. anybody from 14-40 know who they are.

thats what i mean when i talk about this. dc might have the greatest line-up ever but nobody besides comic book collectors know that. there is a new marvel movie coming out every single year and its only going to get better with the addition of the avengers into the fold (there is another 8-10 chars for you)

EVERYBODY knows these characters. not just comic geeks,thats the difference between dc and marvel

i dont see any green lantern or flash movies in production...why? cause nobody gives a fuck about green lantern and flash

i honestly dont give a fuck either way,but to say DC garners the same attention as marvel is ridiculous

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Shit, i was into comic books years back, actually all i really read was Super Man.. I was hella into tha SuperMan Vrs Doomsday comics! Haha, fuck, to be honest i dont think i've ever even read a Marvel comic book.. But all i know is the movies they been comin out wit are dope.. Like Punisher 'n Iron Man.

Apr 25, 2002
there are like 25 members of x-men past and present alone. they are the most recognizable group of our generation. they had their own saturday morning cartoon. anybody from 14-40 know who they are.

thats what i mean when i talk about this. dc might have the greatest line-up ever but nobody besides comic book collectors know that. there is a new marvel movie coming out every single year and its only going to get better with the addition of the avengers into the fold (there is another 8-10 chars for you)

EVERYBODY knows these characters. not just comic geeks,thats the difference between dc and marvel

i dont see any green lantern or flash movies in production...why? cause nobody gives a fuck about green lantern and flash

i honestly dont give a fuck either way,but to say DC garners the same attention as marvel is ridiculous
well said

Feb 9, 2003
You still didn't name them. But I know people will always name the X-Men cartoons because that's all they were exposed to. That's all we had. X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons. But kids 14-now are actually being exposed to DC shows that have been on the air many times longer than ANY Marvel Show. The Bruce Timm universe alone was aired from 92 to 2006. What's the longest any Marvel show ever ran? 2-3 years?

That's pushing it. Not EVERYBODY knows these characters. Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-man...these everybody might know. But as famous as they may be no one really knows much about Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and the Punisher. Which is a contributing factor as to why those movies tanked as much as they did. They don't have that fanbase.

DC is working on a JLA movie. Unlike Marvel, DC is working backwards. They are starting their team group movie and then releasing subsequent movies based on the characters.

Actually...to say MARVEL garners the same attention is ridiculous. Marvel Comics have almost gone out of business several times in the last decade due to low sales. DC hasn't had that problem.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
You still didn't name them. But I know people will always name the X-Men cartoons because that's all they were exposed to. That's all we had. X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons. But kids 14-now are actually being exposed to DC shows that have been on the air many times longer than ANY Marvel Show. The Bruce Timm universe alone was aired from 92 to 2006. What's the longest any Marvel show ever ran? 2-3 years?

That's pushing it. Not EVERYBODY knows these characters. Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-man...these everybody might know. But as famous as they may be no one really knows much about Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and the Punisher. Which is a contributing factor as to why those movies tanked as much as they did. They don't have that fanbase.

DC is working on a JLA movie. Unlike Marvel, DC is working backwards. They are starting their team group movie and then releasing subsequent movies based on the characters.

Actually...to say MARVEL garners the same attention is ridiculous. Marvel Comics have almost gone out of business several times in the last decade due to low sales. DC hasn't had that problem.
Didnt Ghost Rider do hella good in the box office? And i think tha Punisher movie was dope, and i dont think i ever read more then one Punisher comic book.

Apr 25, 2002
You're just saying that because Ollie is a commie.
Nah, I like him as a comic character for that reason.

But the plot of the movie that I've read about actually does sound good. I'm sure they'll probably suck every bit of his politics out of the character when they put him on screen.

Nov 20, 2005
Cartoons

* The X-Men made their first ever animated appearance on the 1960s The Marvel Superheroes TV series with the original X-Men line-up (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Iceman). Since Grantray-Lawrence Animation didn't have the rights to the Fantastic Four (their series was produced by Hanna-Barbera), they substituted them with the X-Men. Interestingly enough, the X-Men were never referred to as the X-Men. They were, instead, referred to as Allies for Peace. The characters kept their original looks and individual names from the comics, though.
* The X-Men guest-starred in several episodes of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, starting with a flashback in "The Origin of Iceman" (Iceman himself being one of the show's three main characters). Appearing in this particular episode are Professor X and the five original X-Men: Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, and Marvel Girl. (In the continuity of the show, Firestar was also a former member of the X-Men.) The X-Men's next appearance was in the episode "A Firestar is Born", including appearances from Professor X, Cyclops, Angel, Wolverine (aka Andrew Pansky), Storm, and even Juggernaut (plus Magneto in a cameo appearance). The X-Men would return the following season in the episode entitled "The X-Men Adventure". Making appearances there were: Colossus, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Sprite, Storm, and Thunderbird. "The X-Men Adventure" was meant[citation needed] to be a pilot for an X-Men cartoon that was slated to feature the X-Men characters, plus Lady Lightning (an animated version of Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel) and Videoman as members. The cartoon was never produced.
* In 1989, Marvel Productions produced a pilot X-Men episode called Pryde of the X-Men. The series was never picked up but the single episode aired infrequently in syndication during the Marvel Action Universe series and was later released on video. In 1991, a six-player arcade game (and a four-player version) was based upon the pilot starring Colossus, Cyclops, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Wolverine. Kitty Pryde and Professor X also appear.
* In 1992, the FOX network launched an X-Men animated series with the roster of Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, and Wolverine with Bishop and Cable frequently guest starring. The two-part pilot episode, "Night of the Sentinels" set off what would become a five-season series. It was an extraordinary success, becoming one of the most watched animated series in television history[citation needed] and helping widen the X-Men's popularity. The five seasons ended in 1997. It was put back in Fox's line-up (albeit edited) for several months after the first movie was released.
* In 2000, The WB Network launched the television show X-Men: Evolution, which portrayed the X-Men as teenagers attending a regular public high school in addition to the Xavier Institute. The series ended in 2003 after its fourth season.
* In 2006, Minimates released a short animated brickfilm called X-Men: Darktide on DVD with a box set of figures. The story involved the X-Men battling the Brotherhood at an oil rig.
* In 2009, Marvel Studios will put out a new X-Men animated show that will primarily feature Wolverine, this time using a mesh of 2D/3D animation for characters and backgrounds. Avi Arad, CEO of Marvel Studios, stated "X-Men is one of Marvel's crown jewels and it makes sense to focus on the popular Wolverine character for our second animation project." The new series is titled Wolverine and the X-Men and is currently in production.
~k.