Monta Ellis is the future.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
^^^lol

3VID3NC3 said:
He's already got good bball intelligence for a 19 year old..probally more then Fisher does at 30-31 years old. He's got a good mindset going into the game and he's pretty confident and fearless for his age. He realizes it all starts with defense, unlike some players who do nothing but use all their energy on offense. I wouldn't worry about his bball IQ, Id be worrying about Peitrus more.
OK, not knocking the kid's overall basketball IQ, but seriously, better than derek fisher in that dept. ? I don't know, that's arguable.....Monta Ellis got a great future, and yes, I do concede that he got D, (read about J. RIch talking about the kid's D from practice), but as a lot of people will see, these young players coming into the league that may be ready physically, (maybe), but certainly not mentally....Now the kid got potential, only time will show if your assessment is correct, but I soundly disagree, he needs more experience, more coaching....

OR,
he's going to develop into a good player and, of course, move on from the Warriors and do BIG things.....as it has happened time and time again...

Apr 25, 2002
blunt_hogg559 said:
Now the kid got potential, only time will show if your assessment is correct, but I soundly disagree, he needs more experience, more coaching....
I agree..I never said he doesn't need more experience and coaching. As far as comparing him to Fisher, I see Fisher make some many ridiculous mistakes sometimes you'd think he's a rookie himself. Its mainly cuz he's a shooting guard in a point guard's body and he doesn't know how to run an offense. Its funny, when either Ellis or Bynum are in the game instead of Fish, the offense runs smoother on a consistant basis. Hopefully Fisher is gone in the offseason..I think he could be good for a team like Houston or Miama.