Monta Ellis is the future.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 18, 2004
Anyone see him last night? It was a weak ass game, but Monta is for real. He's got Arenas type quickness, and he can jump out of the building. Kobe couldn't fuck with trying to guard him, and he's fresh out of high school? Man...can someone please snipe D. Fisher?

May 15, 2002
actually for a rookie who doesnt play too much, i have seen a fair amount of press on Monta and not strictly from Mississippi and Bay papers. I think there's been Washington post and other articles on him through out the year.

I agree, Monta will be pretty good in years to come. Hopefully he can press Baron into getting his fat ass in shape.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
yeah, he made the front cover of the Sf bay guardian...i think just for being his size, a second round pick, being on the warriors, and not playing very much, people are just catching on.

and come on, the warriors NEVER get any press anyway, so the fact that he doesnt seem to get much should have no bearing on how good of a player he is.

Mar 6, 2005
Don't forget Monte is like a glove on Defense. He plays great D for a young player. But really the reason why he doesnt get much playing time because hes not physically strong enough yet to handle bigger guards. he weights 175lbs and thats being generous, he could weight less than that.

Jun 18, 2004
UPSTATE NICCA said:
Don't forget Monte is like a glove on Defense. He plays great D for a young player. But really the reason why he doesnt get much playing time because hes not physically strong enough yet to handle bigger guards. he weights 175lbs and thats being generous, he could weight less than that.
True...his D is way underrated. And about his size, trip, the dude is only 20 yrs old, he's got time to fill out.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
I'm watching him for the first time as a Warrior and WOW is he impressive. Also, I've seen Diogu play before and liked him and he's showing what great potential he has as well.

Apr 25, 2002
DubbC415 said:
and come on, the warriors NEVER get any press anyway, so the fact that he doesnt seem to get much should have no bearing on how good of a player he is.
Word...I dont recall Gilbert Arenas getting alot press his rookie year and look at him now..not sayin Monta will end up as good but he will be a star in a few years..

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah, sad thing about it, these great players that shine develop and start to do good in GSwarrior's uni, but all they're doing is working hard to get that big ass contract OUT of golden state....so many quality players passed thru it's fucking unbelievable...
BUt monta got D and is quick as FUCK.....we'll see how he develops offensively and if he gains any basketball intelligence, which I doubt for a 18-19 year old coming out of high school, no college basketball coaching, and ridiculous paychecks......

Apr 25, 2002
blunt_hogg559 said:
BUt monta got D and is quick as FUCK.....we'll see how he develops offensively and if he gains any basketball intelligence, which I doubt for a 18-19 year old coming out of high school, no college basketball coaching, and ridiculous paychecks......
He's already got good bball intelligence for a 19 year old..probally more then Fisher does at 30-31 years old. He's got a good mindset going into the game and he's pretty confident and fearless for his age. He realizes it all starts with defense, unlike some players who do nothing but use all their energy on offense. I wouldn't worry about his bball IQ, Id be worrying about Peitrus more.

Jun 18, 2004
3VID3NC3 said:
He's already got good bball intelligence for a 19 year old..probally more then Fisher does at 30-31 years old. He's got a good mindset going into the game and he's pretty confident and fearless for his age. He realizes it all starts with defense, unlike some players who do nothing but use all their energy on offense. I wouldn't worry about his bball IQ, Id be worrying about Peitrus more.
Couldn't have said it better.