Modern Warfare 2 mega thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is "looking incredible" and will hit this holiday season, according to Activision CFO Thomas Tippl.

Speaking at the Wedbush Morgan Securities annual meeting, Tippl said that Activision's strategy for "leap-frogging development" between two developers has been paying out with back-to-back blockbusters for them.

"Last year we had probably beaten most expert expectations by growing the Call of Duty franchise over the tremendous success that was the first iteration of Modern Warfare," he said. "For 2009, Modern Warfare is coming back, we expect it will be the most anticipated game of the year. Perhaps the number one game of the year despite the fact that it's only going to launch in the holiday season.

"There is no doubt in my mind that it will again raise the bar for the shooter genre.The game is looking incredible and Infinity Ward, the studio that is developing it, is just doing an unbelievable job."

Nov 5, 2004
Can't wait.

Meanwhile, COD4 has held me down for a year and a half, and I don't mind playing it for another 9 months before the new one drops.

Feb 7, 2006
I'm ready to clap somethin right now... I want this shit now, I been waiting. WOW is cool, but I need an automatic assault rifle, fuck a stg 44 or whatever that german ol bunk ass shit is.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Im looking forward to it probably more so than any other game right now.

What im curious about is the perks they have added to the online multi player. I have read some speculation, and people had some pretty good ideas, like being able to have say red dot and grenade launcher or silencer, being able to play dead, ability to climb trees etc...

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
when is the holiday season? and if its looking good why havent any screen shots been released yet

I'll pass.
already a new one? coming out with these cods too fast, im still enjoyin world at war, i think they should wait more
QUIT ACTIN' LIKE A CRAZY FOOL!

Jan 18, 2006
already a new one? coming out with these cods too fast, im still enjoyin world at war, i think they should wait more
theres a reason for that, WAW is pretty disappointing and they know this. However everybody is waiting for another modern warfare cuz it was hands down the best online game even if it was a little to easy for noobs to catch on.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yeah,but for every one like you, there is somebody like me who hates WAW and still plays cod4. so in reality i have been waiting 2 years for a real sequel.