MLB PLAYOFF PICKS 05

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WHO WILL TAKE IT ALL

• Total voters
May 6, 2002
One more win and the Angels go to the ALCS.

Washburn can do it. I DO NOT want it to come back to Anaheim, and have to have Colon on the mound.

White Sox better be prepared if they face Anaheim.
If I remember correctly we split the first series, and swept them the next.

Angels in the WS, very probable right about now.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
714KaliHydro said:
One more win and the Angels go to the ALCS.

Washburn can do it. I DO NOT want it to come back to Anaheim, and have to have Colon on the mound.

White Sox better be prepared if they face Anaheim.
If I remember correctly we split the first series, and swept them the next.

Angels in the WS, very probable right about now.

I'd rather face the Yankees. The Angels scare me. But the way the Sox are playing right now I like our chances.

Feb 12, 2004
YEAH THE WHITE SOX LOOK LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE IT ALL IN MY OPINION. THEY ARE PLAYING LIKE A TEAM OF DESTINY.

BTW I LOVE HOW ALL THESE "WHITE SOX FANS" ARE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORKS ALL OF THE SUDDEN!

May 6, 2002
It was indeed.

Joe West is actually giving us calls now. Plus calling Cano out for running out of the baseline.

I know I called him bias a little early, but still, this is a big game to be making one-sided calls

5-2 bottom of the 5th and RJ is pitching very well.

May 6, 2002
Solid outing by Byrd.

Why are we such under-dogs in this whole thing?
ESPN was against us last series, and now this series, and if we get to the WS they will be siding with the NL team.

We aren't a fluke team, so what's the deal....

May 5, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
Solid outing by Byrd.

Why are we such under-dogs in this whole thing?
ESPN was against us last series, and now this series, and if we get to the WS they will be siding with the NL team.

We aren't a fluke team, so what's the deal....

last series.. on espn.com at the least. most of the analyst picked the angels over the yankees. tonights game by the angels was way tight, considering the lack of rest and travel the angels have to do.. if they can get a win in chi-town tomorrow night i think they can wrap it up in anaheim. K-rod looked good, and i feel ervin santana will be solid.

May 6, 2002
Washburn is scheduled to pitch for us.

No one from ESPN picked us. It was all NY in 4 or 5. Then their excuse today was that the Yankees were tired from the travel. They hate the fact that there is no East Coast team in the ALCS. Now Chicago is closer to the East, that is their choice.

ESPN = Eastern Sports Propoganda Network

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
714KaliHydro said:
Washburn is scheduled to pitch for us.

No one from ESPN picked us. It was all NY in 4 or 5. Then their excuse today was that the Yankees were tired from the travel. They hate the fact that there is no East Coast team in the ALCS. Now Chicago is closer to the East, that is their choice.

ESPN = Eastern Sports Propoganda Network

The reason the Angels were not favored is threefold...

1. You didnt have home field advantage.
2. W/O Colon your starting pitching doesn't stack up as well as the Sox.
3. The Sox swept a very strong Boston team who happen to be the defending World Champs. Anyone who watched that series and didn't think the Sox should be favored over LA is crazy. They played their asses off and proved they are for real.

The national media has no respect for either of these teams. Eventhough they are easily two of the top 3 teams in all of baseball along with St Louis.

Byrd pitched the game of his life last night and Shields and KRod we're amazing. With that said, I feel the Sox beat themselves last night. 2 mental errors lead to 2 runs and a small mistake by Contraras lead to Anderson's home run. Credit to the Halos though.....they did all the small things right...the Sox didnt.

Sox still taking it in 6.

May 6, 2002
We swept the White Sox in the regular series, but they don't give us credit for that.

Underdog fine, but man...they act like we don't even have a chance.

The Yankees beat themselves, the White Sox beat themselves.
How about the Angels playing good baseball, nope, doesn't work that way.