Mitch is more then what Gangland tried to Portray him As

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2005
I think the show should have showed how Slick making music has helped his hood in a lot of ways by taking homies out the street and putting them in the booth. I mean just look at Mitchy's Everywhere and how he is always is taking his homies with him exposing them to other parts of the country. Traveling by itself will open your eyes to more then just your hood cause you realize there is a big world out here.I remember on the Strong Arm Steady dvd Slick talked about how he did a lot for the kids in the hood in some cases he did more then their own father's did, and then it showed him hugging one of the little kids in the Vista's and if you know anything about kids you know they don't even talk to let alone hug a person they feel is a "bad person". The true nature of Mitch homie is that he is a loyal, down to earth dude who got love for his people, somebody who whenever I holler at him he's always pushing postivity and supporting anything that somebody is doing productive. That's the Slick I know because at the end of the day everyone has a past but we shouldn't continue to hold their past over their heads for the rest of their life because if we looked in everyone's closet we would all find some skeletons.

Apr 25, 2002
bro the show is called gangland...not mitchy slicks biography...i dont even know why dudes even participate in shit like this..oh wait i do its cuz mufuckas want fame and want to be recognized as tuff guys..same reason they are in gangs..i aint hating on mitch as an artist hes good...dont know him as a person..all i do know is he as well as anybody who fux with documentary shit like gangland know exacttly what they are taking part in

Feb 1, 2005
bro the show is called gangland...not mitchy slicks biography...i dont even know why dudes even participate in shit like this..oh wait i do its cuz mufuckas want fame and want to be recognized as tuff guys..same reason they are in gangs..i aint hating on mitch as an artist hes good...dont know him as a person..all i do know is he as well as anybody who fux with documentary shit like gangland know exacttly what they are taking part in
Yeah it's called Gangland but they seemed to focus most of they attention on who Mitch was then about the whole LPB set. And if you gonna do a show focusing on one person within a group of people then show all sides of that person not just what you think will make people watch. And as far as them knowing what they are getting into that ain't true cause everybody has heard someone say they were taken out of context. The media plays a lot of foul games just for ratings and that's what I think the issue is with this episode.

Feb 1, 2005
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE HOW POSITIVE MITCHY IS!!!

IT'S CALLED "GANGLAND"!!!

WE TUNE IN TO SEE HOOD SHIT, NOT HOW SOME THUG IS TURN'N' HIS LIFE AROUND!!!
At the end of the day though niggaz gotta grow up and act like adults, and if a person using what he has in his power to change doesn't interest you then your very immature and a hater my nigga. Cause me personally I'm tired of my homies dying, getting life in the pen and becoming smokers. At some point you should root for somebody that does good in spite of the odds against them, but I guess you would have to have been a person that beat the odds to appreciate that.
Real niggaz do real things, haters wish a nigga stay dirty hungry and broke!

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAY'N',
BUT YOUR MISSIN THE WHOLE ASPECT OF THE SHOW!!!

WHEN, IN ANY GANGLAND EPISODES HAVE YOU SEEN THEM TALK ABOUT
THE POSITIVE STUFF NIGGAS IS DO'N'??? I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT!!!
SO WHY WOULD YOU THINK ANY DIFFERENT FOR LPB EPISODE???
CUZ IT WAS ABOUT LPB AND NOT MITCHY SLIKC!!!

CHANGE THE CHANNEL CUZ YOU WATCH'N' THE WRONG SHOW FOLKS!!!

Apr 27, 2009
in thier minds, those gangbanger, such as mitchy slick, WANT to be portrayed as the tough guy...

they rap about it, brag about it, and live it so why portray them as an angel or something they are not?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
lets be real for one second...IMO the reason he said fuck gangland is because the cops are about to start goin extra hard on them niggas because of that on some personal vendetta shit and bustin niggas chops for no reason...

or some cop out for justice or a govt official is going to worry that its fucking up their tourism dollars (1.8 mil watched gangland, how many people are gonna wanna come to SD after seeing it) and form extra indictments/conspiracy charges..

and secondly i dont think most of yall woulda felt any certain way about it had he not said it himself...you woulda just went on ahead with the shit...

i wouldnt doubt a few cops have gone through the dip and bay vista THIS WEEK after seeing that shit...because it made them look like they took L's to a street gang...and the whole housing lick thing and dude saying 'the dough dont stop' made it look like theyre still sitting on money from it....

why would he be bigging that up...who wants to get harrassed by cops with sticks up their asses...

if im wrong im wrong but thats how i see it..of course he gon denounce it...his twitter picture is him holding his hands out the window with a cop behind him......i mean think about it for a second...why ask for trouble

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yup...thats how cops are...its not gonna matter to the cops that the editor or director made them look a certain way, when they all agreed to candidly talk about merking people and living off of cocaine and having the best cocaine in san diego...i mean music wise you couldnt have paid for more promotion but law wise you couldnt have put a bigger target on you and your set...im sure 'big red' and '20 guage' arent real names (maybe they arent) but best believe theyre gonna try to find them two niggas..

know how i know? niggas who do GRAFFITI DVD'S with their faces covered get they houses raided over it....im just talkin about people who spraypaint... best believe they gon be on niggas asses about flaunting murders and drug sales... if im not mistaken the po's have a computer generated program where they can rebuild your facial symnetry underneath the rag...

i dont wish anything bad on anyone from lincoln or wrongkind cuz i dont got beef with no one, i met ricc nutt and ise-b and black mikey and chopped it up with them an all of them are cool ass niggas that ive gained some respect for, i'm just being real...some cops are gonna take that shit like a spit in the face...

san diego is just one of them towns.....if you lived here for a long time or was born and raised you know we have alot of racism issues behind the curtains...kkk leader lives in poway....so ultimately the thought of most older people is going to be in a negative light and theyll want something done about it..

they did not give a fuck about making him look positive be fucking real...they even showed his own video triggeration station when he was holding a gun at the camera..all while talking about cop killing and having people 'dealt with'...if you dont think they arent gonna associate him with all the negative youre dead wrong..

and you cant put all the blame on the editor...when keeping it real goes wrong....all gangland is trying to do is get people to watch their fucking show they dont care who gets arrested or thrown in jail behind it...

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
@GAS GREAT POST'S

I STILL WATCH GANGLAND TO SEE SOME SHIT , BUT I WANT TO SEE A FEW @ THE END WHO MADE IT & HAVE TURNED THEIR LIVES AROUND .

I WANNA SEE Y.G.'S & O.G.'Z - ALL THE G'Z , THEN I CAN TELL WHO'S REAL OR NOT .

I DID NOT SEE THIS EPISODE YET THOUGH , GOT IT TAPED .

Gas One

May 24, 2006
they made it look more like mitchy brags about the exploits of his gang and thats what the music is for......and thats why he was mentioned early on and throughout the show.....notice how the only other rapper they mentioned was a rapper who supposedly shot someone from skyline and rapped about it...so theyre basically tying that into mitchy.

now on a fans perspective, isnt that why people listen to him? isnt that why most people either hate him, or love him? is not his catch phrase "klack klack klack klack klack"? so who do we blame, the editors and directors and writers for saying he is what he raps about and is associated what he raps about? or do we blame the rapper for painting the story in the first place? were they supposed to tell a completely different story about him?

i mean, go watch 'he'll shoot' on youtube, and tell me they should have been on some positive shit.

i once got in an argument w slick and i said some things ive since then apologized for, but my main intent was to kind of get him to visualize this exact thing that has happened...gangland was only a mirror image of how other people with no understanding view him in his music..

so let me ask you guys....how real do you expect a gangster rapper to keep it? as real as you can without getting your door kicked in over lyrics? wheres the line? when exactly does entertainment blur into reality with gangster rap?

im sure if he rapped about hugging kids and charity, they would have talked about that...

once again no disrespect to mitchy or wrongkind im really only typing these posts to give everyone something to talk about and think about...

so ask yourself, whos the blame at the end of the day?

us, for demanding realness ?
the rapper, for giving it to us?
or the labels, for investing in it?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
^ talkin about shooting people.

also videos like
i mean theyre wrapping kilos in the video for gods sake lolol

what the fuck are people SUPPOSED to think? what was gangland SUPPOSED to say?

if i didnt know shit about mitchy, and i went on youtube and checked out some of his music, and then watched gangland, im not gonna think its based on shady editing and directing.

he talkin about the same shit in his music and is depicting that same shit in the videos. were they supposed to make him look like a completely different person then his music details? no.

im done just wanted to make those points real quick for anyone whos 'mad' at how they portrayed him...in the big picture dont no white people give a fuck that hes helping people get money in the hood and has looked out for people...they see what is being depicted..straight up

shit ask yourself if rap had anything to do with the reason big june caught so much time..ask yaself why xraideds still in jail....its all relevent and thats how gangsta rap is looked at from the outside in.

Jun 12, 2002
www.sosickproductions.com
no disrespect to nobody, but honestly, braggin or not, about you or your gang, who gives a fuck. you can be an og today and die tomorrow. i don't think anybody can tie mitch to that killin because we already know who did it. i'm a fan of all music out of southeast san diego. so the reason why i listen to it is because it's from dago. they told the story he gave them. they got him on video sayin the shit we all saw so it's up to artist or person bein interviewed to figure the shit out. niggas know what they are gettin them selves into. there is nobody to blame. i'm sure that track they played about the turf wasn't out of a five0z cd player. now how real do i expect a gangsta rapper to keep it? keep it 100. i dont blame the writers, editors, etc. even tho they get to see footage before it airs. he raps about the shit he raps about, that's why niggas hate em or love em.

Say dat! Itz also funny how they made it seem like they only casualty was a high school graduate who was college bound. When u niggas Know some of yall G est niggas got they dome tapped homie!!Or how when them ladies got stretched how yall niggas was posted but got 2 runnin tryna make it seem like niggas rolled up and just blasted some ladies. Keep it Gangsta all the way gangsta. :angry:

Jun 12, 2002
www.sosickproductions.com
I think the show should have showed how Slick making music has helped his hood in a lot of ways by taking homies out the street and putting them in the booth. I mean just look at Mitchy's Everywhere and how he is always is taking his homies with him exposing them to other parts of the country. Traveling by itself will open your eyes to more then just your hood cause you realize there is a big world out here.I remember on the Strong Arm Steady dvd Slick talked about how he did a lot for the kids in the hood in some cases he did more then their own father's did, and then it showed him hugging one of the little kids in the Vista's and if you know anything about kids you know they don't even talk to let alone hug a person they feel is a "bad person". The true nature of Mitch homie is that he is a loyal, down to earth dude who got love for his people, somebody who whenever I holler at him he's always pushing postivity and supporting anything that somebody is doing productive. That's the Slick I know because at the end of the day everyone has a past but we shouldn't continue to hold their past over their heads for the rest of their life because if we looked in everyone's closet we would all find some skeletons.
Opinion or fact?