MESSAGE FROM THE LEGENDARY GANXSTA NIP!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 19, 2010
icycrew.com

From 1988... just sayin'... and cats were doing it before that, in the underground...
And that proves what?
That a bunch of unknown artists did it, then a few artists did the same, but achieved success?
Started it = did it and became famous for it, before anyone else did.
Thomas Edison wasn't the original inventor of the lightbulb, but he got famous for it.

Not saying that I agree with that IP started it, be they were one of the first horrorcore acts.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
And that proves what?
That a bunch of unknown artists did it, then a few artists did the same, but achieved success?
Started it = did it and became famous for it, before anyone else did.
Thomas Edison wasn't the original inventor of the lightbulb, but he got famous for it.

Not saying that I agree with that IP started it, be they were one of the first horrorcore acts.

Well by your standards then Will Smith is the father of Horrorcore... That song was on top of the charts...

Jan 19, 2010
icycrew.com
Well by your standards then Will Smith is the father of Horrorcore... That song was on top of the charts...
That wasn't horrorcore.
Making a soundtrack for a horrormovie with a playful beat and lame lyrics, isn't exactly horrorcore in my book.
Also, I had no idea Will Smith got famous for this song... (which you suggested)

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
That wasn't horrorcore.
Making a soundtrack for a horrormovie with a playful beat and lame lyrics, isn't exactly horrorcore in my book.
Also, I had no idea Will Smith got famous for this song... (which you suggested)

Horrorcore is horror based lyrics, and that song is based one of the most recognized characters in the genre... The song seems corny yes, because it's from 1988 and it's Will Smith... but, I bet if you were coming up back then, you would of bumped it...

Jan 19, 2010
icycrew.com
Horrorcore is horror based lyrics, and that song is based one of the most recognized characters in the genre... The song seems corny yes, because it's from 1988 and it's Will Smith... but, I bet if you were coming up back then, you would of bumped it...
Okay? That's nice, but as I said, if someone "started it" they would have to achieve success for doing it aswell.
Not just doing one song.

Insane Poetry started doing it in 1988, Esham probably did too.
Does this make them the originators? I don't know, but they were amongst the first horrorcore acts that achieved success.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Okay? That's nice, but as I said, if someone "started it" they would have to achieve success for doing it aswell.
Not just doing one song.

Insane Poetry started doing it in 1988, Esham probably did too.
Does this make them the originators? I don't know, but they were amongst the first horrorcore acts that achieved success.

So they have to stick to the horrorcore genre forever to be an originator? I've already said that record was highly successful, both as a single, and a soundtrack... Then look where he's at now... Neither Cyco or Esham has stuck 100% to horrorcore in their career, because no one does... There's always many sides to a story... I can't believe I'm sitting here having to explain this to you...

Also, I don't even like defending Will Smith, who has had several ghost-writers over the span of his rap career, most notably Nas... haha...

Jan 19, 2010
icycrew.com
So they have to stick to the horrorcore genre forever to be an originator? I've already said that record was highly successful, both as a single, and a soundtrack... Then look where he's at now... Neither Cyco or Esham has stuck 100% to horrorcore in their career, because no one does... There's always many sides to a story... I can't believe I'm sitting here having to explain this to you...
Where did I say that they had to stick with it?
Seriously man, you're the one that isn't getting what I'm trying to say.
I say to originate something, you gotta reach success and be known for doing it.
This doesn't mean that you have to stick to the formula.
Esham made a few non-horrorcore albums, but he still is the "godfather of the wicked shit" why do you think that is?

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Where did I say that they had to stick with it?
Seriously man, you're the one that isn't getting what I'm trying to say.
I say to originate something, you gotta reach success and be known for doing it.
This doesn't mean that you have to stick to the formula.
Esham made a few non-horrorcore albums, but he still is the "godfather of the wicked shit" why do you think that is?

Because he says it over and over?

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
:ermm:
Yeah okay Roz.

It's the same way with asking people who the greatest rapper of all time is... Half will say Biggy, half will say Tupac... I don't say either one is the greatest... You won't be about to find out who the true Godfather of Horrorcore is... Esham might claim it, but someone was doing the same thing in another part of the country, and it's been proven that they were... The truth is that they took something from another genre, and used it in hip-hop... Who started it is really irrelevant...

Jan 19, 2010
icycrew.com
It's the same way with asking people who the greatest rapper of all time is... Half will say Biggy, half will say Tupac... I don't say either one is the greatest... You won't be about to find out who the true Godfather of Horrorcore is... Esham might claim it, but someone was doing the same thing in another part of the country, and it's been proven that they were... The truth is that they took something from another genre, and used it in hip-hop... Who started it is really irrelevant...
Right, but that wasn't really the subject at hand.
It was more that who did it first isn't important, but who did it AND gained success.
That's all I've been talking about.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Right, but that wasn't really the subject at hand.
It was more that who did it first isn't important, but who did it AND gained success.
That's all I've been talking about.

Define success... Is it by albums sold, or money made? Or popularity? Success could mean different things, to different people...