Merged Thread: Warrrrrrriorrrrrs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
VAN EXEL IS AN UPGRADE FROM SPEEDY, BUT BY HAVING THEM BOTH, COMPINSATES FOR ARENAS LEAVING..........

I DON'T THINK THE WARRIORS WANTED TO MAX GIL OUT........CUZ THEY WOULD OF DONE THE TRADE SOONER.........EVERYONE KNOWS GILS IS IMMATURE AND A TIMEBOMB WAITING TO GO OFF..........OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM STILL AROUND........BUT AT LEAST I'M GLAD HE'S NOT IN THE WEST........HE'S WIT THE WIZ.......BUAHHAHAHHAHA..........

I'M READY........COME OCT. 29TH..............I'M TAILGAITING IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN PHOTO DOC'S......WE GOT LIKE 15 PEEPS WAITING FOR TICKETS TO GO ON SALE.......

Jan 19, 2003
When do warriors single game tickets go on sale

anyone know when tickets for just single games go on sale, i know season tickets are allready on sale but i just wanna get tickets to like 5 or 6 games this yr. Last year i got to the colisuem at like 5am to get good seats for the jordan game but i forget what day it was.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
im not saying anything to you but im jusdt saying were going to likr our team no matter what. so yea if WE want to buy tickets to see them play then we will........CUZ WE ARE THE ONES THAT CARE.

May 19, 2002
You dumb fuck, what? you're the moderator of the sports forum or somethin? How the fuck do you know how it works, I posted it first, not that it matters, whoever merged this thread made me look stupid and king czar and onlyone was like wtf. Because whoever merged it, put my shit way at the end, why? I dunno. Tenk was more in depth with the trade and maybe that's why my wasn't at first or maybe cuz I didn't get no replies and there was tenk posted another thread and started gettin hella replies so they merged my shit into his, got it? btw, why the fuck do you care?

But ah, did y'all know St. Jean finally did a good move for once? weak ass, over-rated Bobby Sura was traded to Detroit for the 3-pt shooter, CLIFF ROBINSON!!!! and PG, Pepe Sanchez!!!! Not that we need another PG, so look out for more trades to happen.

Apr 25, 2002
Warriors make another trade: Bobby Sura for Clifford Robinson and Pepe Sanchez

Thursday, August 21, 2003

ESPN.com news services

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Detroit Pistons traded forward Clifford Robinson and guard Pepe Sanchez to the Golden State Warriors on Thursday for guard Bob Sura.

The trade cleared the logjam in the Pistons' frontcourt while adding depth and veteran experience to the Warriors' revamped roster. Detroit got a swingman to replace Jon Barry, and Golden State erased another big contract from its payroll.

"It addresses several fronts for us all by doing this one move," Pistons president Joe Dumars said.

It's also another rebuilding move by the Warriors, who still aren't done trimming their payroll and changing their roster. They have just five players left from last season's team, which won 38 games and showed the greatest promise in a decade from a franchise that has missed the playoffs for nine straight seasons.

Robinson, a 14-year NBA veteran known as one of the league's top defensive forwards, averaged 9.3 points, 2.9 assists and 2.7 rebounds last season as a starter for the Pistons, who made the Eastern Conference finals. He is joining his fourth team, following stints in Portland and Phoenix. He has two years and $10 million remaining on his contract.

"He can really help our young guys on the floor and during practice," Golden State general manager Garry St. Jean said. "He's obviously one of the better defensive forwards that have played in the league for a long time."

Robinson has been in the playoffs every season of his career, but he has historically struggled in the postseason -- and his dismal performance during Detroit's run to the conference finals was no exception.

That's probably a moot point with the Warriors, who have made several major changes to their once-promising roster -- largely to give them more flexibility with a payroll burdened by several long-term contracts. The moves were set in motion when Gilbert Arenas signed with Washington as a free agent last month for more than the cap-strapped Warriors could pay.

"We've lost some people that we have a wealth of respect for," St. Jean said. "But we think we've brought in some quality players to go with some other guys and give us a chance to be very competitive this year."

On Monday, the Warriors traded leading scorer Antawn Jamison, disgruntled forward Danny Fortson, Chris Mills and Jiri Welsch to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Nick Van Exel and four others. Earlier, sparkplug guard Earl Boykins signed with Denver.

Sura averaged 7.3 points, 3.2 assists and 3.0 rebounds for the Warriors last season as a backup at shooting guard and small forward. His versatility and tenacious perimeter defense attracted Detroit -- and so did his contract, which is worth $6.16 million this season, but expires next summer.

Barry signed with Denver earlier in the week. New acquisition Elden Campbell, first-round draft pick Darko Milicic and veterans Ben Wallace, Zeljko Rebraca and Mehmet Okur constitute a deep frontcourt.

"We have somebody who, in terms of how he plays, is almost a Jon Barry clone," Dumars said of Sura. "It's just trying to do little things that help your team get over the hump. That's what all of this is: to get Sura, to get Campbell and to get Darko. All of this is in hopes of taking that one more step."

Sanchez, a native of Argentina who played at Temple, appeared in just nine games for the Pistons last season. He could find it tough to make the Warriors' roster with competition from Van Exel, free agent signee Speedy Claxton, second-round draft pick Derrick Zimmerman and veteran Avery Johnson.

"I guess I'll be the third point guard, but I don't know," Sanchez said at the Olympic qualifying tournament in Puerto Rico, where he learned of the trade from reporters. "In the NBA I know I'm a commodity and can be traded at any time. We'll see what happens if I'll play in Golden State or where."

At least one of Golden State's new acquisitions might not be happy with his new career path: St. Jean said he hasn't spoken with Van Exel since the trade.

"We're just kind of giving some space here," St. Jean said. "It's hard when you get traded from a team with that caliber. There's plenty of time to converse. I just want to respect their feelings."

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Though I've never just blown them off, the Warriors always seem to fire an arrow right into their collective arses by consistently blowing games against teams they should beat throughout the season. Then when it comes time to play a team like say, the Lakeshow, my Kings or the Spurs, they get up like a poolboy's dick at a Hefner swim party.

Good to see the Warriors finally pull the fucking trigger on SOMETHING. Very guard heavy now with Van Exel, Claxton, Richardson, and AJ to cheerlead and mentor from the veteran's spot.

I think it wouldnt be at all ambitious for Warrior fan to expect 30-35 wins next year.