Merged Thread: Warrrrrrriorrrrrs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 29, 2002
you are all trippin, warriors trade is a gift from god!!

Dallas did come up, but not nearly as well as the warriors did.

think about it. we get rid of the antawn max contract(that we should not have given him) as well as fortson and mills. in return we get the expiring contracts of van exel, jones and johnson(who probably will never play again). now next year we will have all the money in the world to go after a free agent like garnet or kobe or at worst, kenyon Martin!!! Or we have room to make a trade for another big name player that a team might want to unload for nothing(like vince carter).

plus we will have a crap team next year so we will be a high lottery team.

we pretty much only gave up jamison who will never be a star player and will only be a role player on any other team.

Now if we only had made this trade a week ago so we could match gil's contract!!!!

Jul 31, 2002
Re: you are all trippin, warriors trade is a gift from god!!

Now if we only had made this trade a week ago so we could match gil's contract!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

thats what im sayin

Apr 25, 2002

bayGIANTS said:

think about it. we get rid of the antawn max contract(that we should not have given him) as well as fortson and mills. in return we get the expiring contracts of van exel, jones and johnson(who probably will never play again). now next year we will have all the money in the world to go after a free agent like garnet or kobe or at worst, kenyon Martin!!! Or we have room to make a trade for another big name player that a team might want to unload for nothing(like vince carter).

we pretty much only gave up jamison who will never be a star player and will only be a role player on any other team.

Now if we only had made this trade a week ago so we could match gil's contract!!!!
Do you honestly think Garnet, Kobe, or Martin would think about coming to the Warriors? I doubt that shit.

This was a bonehead trade, we traded new for old. Antwan may've sucked defensively but he can score 40 at any given time. The man is going to be an incredible asset to the Mavericks.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i really dont think anyone biG time would want to come to the warriors especially if they keep losinG all their starz, they may have the money, but no potential for championships...it's just the warrios beinG the warriors

Jan 19, 2003
anytime the warriors start talkin bout next yr before the season has even started that worries me. St. Jean allways finds a way to screw shit up, sure we will have alot of money for some free agents but first off not many people would wanna play the warriors and also chances are st jean will find a way to just blow that money away again. I mean he allready blew it on jamison what makes you think he wont blow it again, st jean just dosent know how to build a good team.

How many yrs does van exel have on his contract, if he still has a few then thatd be coo cause he could help attract a big free agent...... who knows only time will tell how this one plays out. All i know is for the past like 7-8 yrs st jean has made bad move after bad move so i have a hard time trusting that he will do somethin good next season.

May 29, 2002
YOU WILL ALL SEE IN TIME!!!!!!!

1.anyone who thinks jamison is gonna be a star is trippin. yes he scores a lot on the warriors, but it is because there was no one else willing to put the ball in the basket. maybe no one will want to come here but it aint like we were going anywhere with jamison's big ass contract.

2. it sounds like st jean may be on his way out. supposedly he does not even make the decisions anymore. (maybe mullin will be his replacement?)

3. even if no big name stars WANT to come here, we will have a lot of money and everyone knows that players nowadays go where the money is. but even if they dont, we will be able to sign several young players with a lot more potential than jamison for a lot less money.

BTW, sfckingpin, I am pretty sure van exel is on the last year of his contract and I dont really recall the warriors not being in the rebuilding stage since 1994!!!

Jun 25, 2002
Jamison never really fit in right he was too small to be a power forward and couldnt shoot enough to be a small forward

but with arenas gone we now have a true point gaurd in van exel who can get people the ball

next year were gonna see what dunleavys all about cuz you know he can shoot the lights out

and boykins and welsch left so claxton is a solid point gaurd

C- Dampier, Foyle, Eschmeyer
F- murphy pietrus j rich popeye jones
G- van exel johnson sura and zimmerman

the starting line up is the same as last year but van exel for arenas and dunleavy for jamison

Jun 25, 2002

bayGIANTS said:

now thats exactly how i feel. execpt the part were you say we are going to suck this year. haha

Jul 31, 2002
yea after listenin around i feel a lot better about this trade...i think the warriors were lucky somebody was willing to buy jamison out...hes makin the same bank as dirk nowitzki but aint nowhere near nowitzki's game....and now the W's got some cap space...sure jamison could score...but i remember most of the games where he scored high the W's still ended up loosing....hes gonna be doin thangs in dallas tho and van exel will fit in perfectly with the uptempo style

May 19, 2002
ANTAWN JAMISON TRADED!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE HAS POSTED ABOUT THIS, BUT AH, ANTAWN JAMISON (11.5 MIL/YR), CHRIS MILLS (5 MIL/YR.), DANNY FORTSON (5.5 MIL/YR) AND URI WELSCH (1.3 MIL/YR) HAVE ALL BEEN TRADE TO THE MAVERICKS FOR AVERY JOHNSON? (STUPID), POPEYE JONES? (STUPID), EVAN ESCHMEYER (WHO?), ANTOINE RIGADEAU (WHO?), AND NICK VAN EXEL (11 MIL/YR)!!! I THINK IT WAS A STUPID TRADE, EVEN THO WE PICKED UP VAN EXEL. I WOULD OF LIKED TO SEE SPEED CLAXTON TAKE THE LEADERSHIP ROLE, LOOKS LIKE HE'S RIDIN THE PINE NOW. THE FUCK DO WE NEED AVERY JOHNSON FOR? AND WHY HAVEN'T ST. JEAN SIGNED EARL BOYKINS? HAS HE NOT PROVED HIMSELF? AS MUCH AS I LIKED FOR JAMISON TO GO, I JUST THINK IT WAS FOR A STUPID TRADE, I KINDA MISS THA DUDE ALREADY, NOTICE I SAID KINDA. JAMISON SAID HE WAS GONNA BRING THE WARRIORS UP AND HE WAS GONNA BE SUCCESSFUL N SHIT THIS YR AND HE SAID NOW THAT HE'S GOIN' TO DALLAS, HE SAID HE'LL BE SUCCESSFUL OVER THERE BUT HE SAID THAT HE WANTED TO HAVE SUCCESS IN OAKLAND CUZ THA WARRIOR FANS DESERVED IT. AH, THAT'S ALL I GOTTA SAY, LOOK OUT FOR DALLAS THIS YEAR.

May 13, 2002
exel is still a hog sometimes....he reminds me of bobby jackson

JAMISON SAID HE WAS GONNA BRING THE WARRIORS UP AND HE WAS GONNA BE SUCCESSFUL N SHIT THIS YR

he's been sayin that almost every year...

Sep 7, 2002
This is an equal trade imo. You guys gave up a baller, and in return got a more experienced baller. PLUS, you guys have more cap room now. He was gonna 'maybe' bounce next year anyway, so fuck it, why take the risk?

Golden State will definately be shooting for Swift next year. And I think they will land him (dont know why). And in addition to swift, you'll have enough dough to get someone else. Thats fuckin perfect.

good luck