Mayweather VS Pacquiao Fight is OFF!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Taken from boxing website:

Here's what Arum has to say about it on usatoday and I quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Floyd Mayweather can say whatever he now wants to say, but his actions over the last several weeks demonstrate that he didn't want to get in the ring against Pacquiao. He made excuse after excuse, and when put to the test, he chose to flee rather than fight.

"I've been in this business for almost 50 years. I've handled some of the greatest Hall of Fame fighters — Ali, Foreman, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Leonard — they argue about this, they argue about that, but every fighter agrees to be bound by the rules and regulations of the athletic commission in which the fight is to take place. That's been the historic basis for this sport, and I made a terrible, terrible mistake at trying to appease this egomaniac kid.

"When he started with the special blood-testing, we should've told him 'goodbye, forget about it, if you want to fight, the fight's in Nevada, the commission will regulate it.' You don't appease. I made a fundamental mistake. In order to get this fight the public wanted, I appeased an egomaniac by talking to him about blood testing. And that was stupid on my part."

Dec 9, 2005
^ This is true. Arum and company deserve some of the blame for even entertaining the additional testing. If they were to do what he said in that article, it wouldn't have been as big of an issue. With that much money at stake, I could see why he would want the fight to go down.

Damage is done. Fight will happen, just not now. It'll only make the fight bigger when it does go down. Please believe it will happen. Way too much money on the table for everyone involved.

For now:

Pacquiao vs Clottey

Pacquiao agreed to the fight. Floyd better pick a worthy opponent, otherwise he's really going to look bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4808708