Master P Goes Gold First Week

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Master P's Good Side/Bad Side (New No Limit/KOCH) has reached Gold status in its first week of release. The release is the first record to go Gold by an urban artist on KOCH Records. Alan Grunblatt, Executive Vice President of KOCH Records states, "No Limit was the most successful label in rap music. Now, Master P is back and better than ever with The New No Limit!" Good Side/Bad Side hit stores on Tuesday, March 23rd hot on the heels of the success of "Them Jeans" -- the first single/video from the set which held steady on BET's Top 10 "106 & Park" video countdown show for four weeks straight. Another hot track from the CD, "Act A Fool," features Lil Jon. A controversial music video for this track premiered on BET this week.

Master P has pioneered a new trend in music and film with the release of his new record, a limited-edition, 3-disc set featuring 2 CD's of new music from P plus a full-length feature film by the same name on DVD. This project marks the first time an artist has released a CD in conjunction with a straight-to-DVD full length feature film. The film is executive produced and co-directed by Master P and stars Master P and Lil Romeo. Master P explains, "This is the first time anyone has put out a full length movie with their CD. I was the first one to do well with my straight-to-video films in the late 90s, so who else is there out here to start the new trend of putting out films with their music but me," says Master P. "It's a complete package, 2 CD's of music and a movie starring me and Rome. You can't get anything like this out here right now."

Good Side/Bad Side, was produced by Myke Diesel and features several tracks by Lil' Romeo and P's brother Silkk The Shocker. The new release includes guest appearances by Southern rap newcomers Curren$y, Afficial and Liberty. Highlights on the CD include Master P's collaboration with his brothers C on "Who Them Boyz" and the disc's rowdy first single "Them Jeans," which is already a Southern club classic. Also notable are, "Who Wants Some" and "Act A Fool," two hot tracks featuring and produced by Lil Jon.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Sounds like he stole all his song titles from other artists...

"Them Jeans"? *cough* Ginuwine.
"Act a Fool"? *cough* Ludacris.

May 4, 2002
And he definitely wasn't the first to put a full length dvd with a cd. *cough*Nickatina*Cough*ahem.

Wasn't P the guy who was inflating soundscan numbers by buying his own cds?

Aug 7, 2002
aint nobody got respect fo him now cuz of all dat bullshit moves he made dats why i dun even like him no more i still think about his music cuz his old shit was jus amazin

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
savdout916 said:
yeah and theres that too..

some mark ass trick ass busta ass nobody that i know was givin P dap sayin he was all ill and shit.. i was like, what album did you listen to... Ghettos Tryna Ckill Me, 99 Ways, Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D...

him - 'Ghetto D, i think'

me - 'oh yeah, came out like 7 years ago'

him 'nah, bout 2'

me - 'you mean Ghetto Postage right?'

him - 'yeah'

me - 'you fucking cock sucker'

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when an artist has a gold album it means 500,000 units were shipped, it doesn't mean 500,000 units were sold

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
CHRISHOGGALYPSE said:
no, that is wrong. If I am not mistaking, it means 500k units were soundscan sold
maybe you are right but I thought I read that in Billboard. Let me know if you find out for sure

May 4, 2002
Andre Nickatina and he did it first. P thinks he's the first at everything, when in reality, he's about 2 steps behind.