Mariners r gonna come tyte this year!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
as an angels fan,..as much as it pains me to see figgy go ,..he puts up #'s during the season,but when it counts come clutch playoff time,..hate to say it but dudes a dud!....no production wutso ever!,..he might get a base hit or a walk but he wont produce,..its like once he hits playoff time,..its like he just shuts down!...either way,i hope nothing but the best for hi m,..as far as lackey goes,..he could be injury prone,he sat out last season ,so i have a feeling his arm might act up again,..and vlad,..well hes just out of gas already!..it showed!,...other then that,..it should be a good run this year,.gonna be interesting!

Aug 24, 2003
You're partially right, but he was FAR from a waste of money. IN fact, he was worth MORE than what he was getting paid according to FanGraphs.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=639&position=3B

His salary over his career is 62 million....he was actually worth 116 million. Do NOT underestimate defense.
yes youre absolutely right and i was even going to correct myself but glad to see you know whats up. cant take away the thanks for his defense, dude made shit happen at third base... forreal and i was glad to see him make plays

now if he had the bat and the positive attitude to back it he mightve been worth the money we were giving him and then some. and looking at that link you sent me taht makes me remember another reason why i dont like beltre... i was excited to see him come here after his FOURTY EIGHT homerun year with the dodgers... then what happens? he hits 19. dude was a mediocre hitter at best and consistently getting worse, then all the sudden his contract year comes he hits 48 and his average skyrockets by .100, gets big money from us then tanks the next year and then goes back to being consistently mediocre? to me that screams steroids