Mac Dre motion picture mocvie? anybody heard anything about this?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2008
Over the years I have seen interviews with J-Diggs, Ray Lu, Mac Mall and Mistah FAB saying that they aree making a movie about Mac Dre and the Romp.. I have even heard that they was talking with snoop dog and Mike Epps to play Dre in the movie ... So are they really making a movie or what? also what was with that From The Ground Up DVD about Dre and Thizz did that ever come out?

Jul 25, 2007
Why would they choose 2 people to play one person?

Snoop's voice is too soft and he's too laid back of a person to mimic Dre's personality. He'll just look stupid.

Mike Epps will just over act.

Props: fillyacup

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Da Da sounds like a terrible idea and Snoop Lyin' even worse.
get a REAL actor with a real method to listen to the discog, watch video footage
(espically the ghetto celebrities dvd) and then channel his interpretation of the late great MAC

Feb 4, 2005
They been trying to get this done for years, i don't think its going to happen now. Even if it did the quality won't be good. Plus whos doing the script and whose version of MD's life is it going to portray? MD fucked with a lot of different people all in different ways, just getting a few accounts from a few sources isn't going to cut it.

Aug 17, 2002
maybe Drake and Yo Gotti should assist in funding and promoting an independent Mac Dre flick. If they were really interested in Dre's legacy that is.

*waits for the inevitable statement about how Drake gave his mom 20k and how no one really cares about the bay

Jul 15, 2007
They been trying to get this done for years, i don't think its going to happen now. Even if it did the quality won't be good. Plus whos doing the script and whose version of MD's life is it going to portray? MD fucked with a lot of different people all in different ways, just getting a few accounts from a few sources isn't going to cut it.
Great analogy, alot of good points. But yes there is an actual film in the works, we have been approached and talked to by many people about the making of the film which will be titled "Mac Dre" I am doing the script along with several others so alot of research from times we weren't around him which is rare has to be accounted for too and we don't want it to be just a glimpse or time frame of his life but of his entire life, sort of a Malcolm X or Ray Charles type of film, but rest assured it will be dope or we just won't do it at all... Thanks for the love and support for so many years of my bro... He lives on through all of us, movie or not...