MAC DRE IN MEMORIAM...ONE YEAR LATER...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Since we lost Mac Dre (too soon) late Halloween Nite/Early Nov. 1st 2004 I thought this thread was a good idea....Post up your messages for his family and friends, pictures, stories etc...

pe@ce,
Mark

and R.I.P. THE MAC NAMED DRE

Sep 4, 2002
Mac dre, we miss you man, still a trip to think you are gone. The rap game was a better place when you were here... My wishes go out to the whole Thizz and Hicks family

RIP. Keep It goin with some privlege and a backwood blowin

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
RIP, and condolences to his lil brother Rich, and momma Wanda, i couldnt imagine losing my big brother like that.

Apr 22, 2005
damn man,you got hella youngins carryin on ya name reppin hard as well as the folks thats been giggin to ya shit from jump and still more folks is discoverin ya.still a gotdamn shame how you went but Rest In Peace mane.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Its hard to believe its been 365 days since I had to come on here and give you guys the news I NEVER wanted to speak...Mac Dre had been shot and killed....Like the explosion of the space shuttle, or 9-11, I will never forget the feeling that came over me when I got the news. It was soooo hard for me to believe, especially with all the rumors that floated around last summer. As soon as I heard Treacherous Tic's voice, though, I knew it was true. Dre's passing brought grown men to tears, real hardcore gangsters wept openly at the loss of such a tremendous talent, beloved friend, mentor, and so much more. People who never met Mac Dre felt as though they had lost their best friend, and in a way, they had. We will never know what moves Dre would have made, if he would have went nationwide, if he would have finally gotten the recognition he deserved. I know I clown around a lot about Mac Dre's fans, but I hope Dre is PROUD of the trend he has started, and knows how blessed we all feel to have been able to experience Dre's music and remarkable personality. Rest In Peace, Andre "Mac Dre' Hicks.....We will NEVER forget, and you will always live on through your music.

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
The first time I seen Mac Dre perform was when I worked at marine world when it first got to the V........Half of Vallejo worked there at one time.Anyway it was a party for the employees and Dre and his cru did there thang.They was pervin,actully we were all pervin...ever since then I been a fan.Been to hella early performances of his in the V.Dre was and is Vallejo.RIP to Dre and Mike R.......heavy influences growing up in the V.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
The day I heard "California Livin'" is the day I became interested in learning about the talent coming out of my own backyard, the Bay Area. If it weren't for that song, and Dre in general, I would not have done any of the things I've done in the industry. Dre was the catalyst for me. He is still my all-time favorite person I've ever interviewed and aside from industry shit, he was still just a genuinely good person whenever we chopped it up.

RIP Andre

Oct 19, 2004
I remember when Mac Dre passed away like it was yesterday. Still bumpin his beats like they were brand new. I hope his family and friends are well & his spirit is having a hell of a time up in heaven. We lost another bay legend to Kansas City like Joe Montana.

Feb 13, 2005
Nothin but Love 4 Mac Dre man fools in washington love this dude! y'all know. man i live in the fucking the boondocks & i see fools wearing MD shirts LOL not suprising but krazy! but yeah been bangin his music for years though dude got skills & mad fucking game! :chinese: he definitely put it down in & outside the booth! man i remember the murder dog article i read that j diggs wrote about MD that shit fucked me up! the day he got shot i just got out of jail on halloween morning last year! Wish i got a chance to meet him one day! i was at a nickatina show last month & he was givin it up for MD too!