LT SIGNS TO THE JETS. 5.2 MILLION.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2002
WHAT ABOUT THAT DWYER KID OUT OF GEORGIA I THINK ITS GOING TO NEED TO BE A BIG BACK ONE THAT CAN SHOULDER A BIG LOAD NOT ANYONE LIKE SPILLER OR BEST
Its a shitload of rbs that's comming out so we will see. We did have a big back who we drafted in the 4th rd(gartrell johnson) but the 9ers got him off waivers. But big backs get worn down faster cause they take hella hits.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
WHAT ABOUT THAT DWYER KID OUT OF GEORGIA I THINK ITS GOING TO NEED TO BE A BIG BACK ONE THAT CAN SHOULDER A BIG LOAD NOT ANYONE LIKE SPILLER OR BEST
I like him too, I still think sproles will be traded. We got another back Mike Tolbert. He is just like Micheal turner and rumor is he will get lots of playing time. This dude was averaging over 5yds a carry last season, whe LT was averaging a little over 2yds per carry

Aug 9, 2002
so you think that your passing game will take you all the way huh??? how did that work out for you guys last year??? winds blow the ball gets wet making it harder to catch lets see how not having the threat of L.T. or even that homerun hitta sproles not being back there works for you all in the winter months. now your the one sounding lame even if sproles isnt an every down back he is still a weapon that chewed up some massive yards last year. As far as having alex smith over that bum rivers. its because he doesnt mouth off across the field to the opposing team. your making millions of dollars have some class and quit acting like an ass you over privledged punk qb!!!!
Lol the passing game worked out fine for us! The threat of a running game worked out fine without havin one. What winter? We in so cal. Rivers deserves to talk shit if he wants cause he backs his shit up and rivers is far from a bum. He's not the first player to talk shit. U supposed to talk shit when ur competitave and when someones talkin shit to you. Its a mind game more than it is physical. Fuck class, play the game.

Mar 12, 2010
Lol the passing game worked out fine for us! The threat of a running game worked out fine without havin one. What winter? We in so cal. Rivers deserves to talk shit if he wants cause he backs his shit up and rivers is far from a bum. He's not the first player to talk shit. U supposed to talk shit when ur competitave and when someones talkin shit to you. Its a mind game more than it is physical. Fuck class, play the game.
what about competition says you have to talk shit. i dont think all time greats like jim brown, joe montana, jerry rice and players like them didnt talk shit instead played the game and were class acts

Aug 9, 2002
I like him too, I still think sproles will be traded. We got another back Mike Tolbert. He is just like Micheal turner and rumor is he will get lots of playing time. This dude was averaging over 5yds a carry last season, whe LT was averaging a little over 2yds per carry
Plus we still have hester who is a rb that hey tried to make a fb. He can convert back

Aug 9, 2002
what about competition says you have to talk shit. i dont think all time greats like jim brown, joe montana, jerry rice and players like them didnt talk shit instead played the game and were class acts
Nobody said u have to talk shit. Some people do, some people don't. Fuck class. If u can talk shit and back it up wit urb performance then why not? U hear defense talk shit all the time talkin bout hittin people in the mouth so is that classy? Football is a competition, not a class act.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
LT should be fairly familiar with the offense too since Brian Schottenheimer was in SD for awhile I believe....and LT is younger than Thomas Jones....maybe LT will benefit from a change of scenery and the Jets line is better than the Chargers line is....

plus the Jets got LT cheaper than whut they would have had to pay for Thomas Jones....may end up workin out for them....and If not its a minor risk cuz they got Shonn Greene who is gonna be a good.....
Actually, jones wouldve been cheaper by a little. He signed a 2 year 5 mil contract with the chiefs but the jets decided not to match that contract(they wanted to resign him to a cheaper contract after cuttin him).

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
downgrade for the Jets if you ask me

Jones rushed for what... 1400 yards last season? LT had, what... 600 or something? lol

I don't see LT reviving his career in New York, but who knows... maybe he'll prove me wrong... I doubt it though

Aug 9, 2002
downgrade for the Jets if you ask me

Jones rushed for what... 1400 yards last season? LT had, what... 600 or something? lol

I don't see LT reviving his career in New York, but who knows... maybe he'll prove me wrong... I doubt it though
For real huh? I thought the jets was dumb! Wish they would have traded him to us for lt

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Alex Smith over Rivers is fucking retarded... lol... dude can't be serious

there's only a few QBs in the NFL I would take over Rivers right now

Mar 12, 2010
Lol @ alex smith over rivers.
you can LOL all you want put river on a team with a no good line and see how good he does rivers is the product of having norv turner as his coach. which is why he chokes in the big game. all i will say is look at smith his year under turner and then look at the garbage smith has had since then.

he didnt even have a good receiver that year under turner and he was still putting up good stats unfortunately players are products of their enviroment. if there is a good fit then they look and play well look at L.T. for example how good did he look before norv turner got to s.d. like one of the greatest of all time. turner comes in (he is a guy that likes seeing the ball in the air alot) and L.T. now looks like he is an old has been. product of their enviroment check it. if the niners address their line i would bet playoffs are in their future because the three and outs would be done and over with because smith could get protection he has so desperately needed look at some of the bombs he was throwing off of his back foot not being able to set and throw. just like every offseason every team gets a fresh start and everyone has high expectations cant wait to see how it unfolds football cant get here quick enough

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Greene had over 100 more carries than LT so comparing the stats isn't really fair to LT. The Chargers have obviously stated their intentions for this season, they will be a mostly passing team and they used sproles in the open field more last year anyway, so that money could be used elsewhere. However, not being a hater, but last game Chargers played they were under immense pressure and the discipline crumbled as you saw. The main thing I'd be worrying about if I was a Chargers, is what will they do in that same position this comming season? Because they will be in the post season without LT in my opinion.

For the Jets I think its a solid move adding LT to backup Greene seeing as Jones is gone. Jets will also be in the post season

Feb 14, 2004
you can LOL all you want put river on a team with a no good line and see how good he does rivers is the product of having norv turner as his coach. which is why he chokes in the big game. all i will say is look at smith his year under turner and then look at the garbage smith has had since then.

he didnt even have a good receiver that year under turner and he was still putting up good stats unfortunately players are products of their enviroment. if there is a good fit then they look and play well look at L.T. for example how good did he look before norv turner got to s.d. like one of the greatest of all time. turner comes in (he is a guy that likes seeing the ball in the air alot) and L.T. now looks like he is an old has been. product of their enviroment check it. if the niners address their line i would bet playoffs are in their future because the three and outs would be done and over with because smith could get protection he has so desperately needed look at some of the bombs he was throwing off of his back foot not being able to set and throw. just like every offseason every team gets a fresh start and everyone has high expectations cant wait to see how it unfolds football cant get here quick enough
So you're saying Rivers is good because of the o-line, and saying that Hill will be good once he gets a good o-line? Yup, I think I'll keep laughing lol

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

you sound so stupid right now

I think you're the only person in the world who would say Smith is better than Rivers

take off your red and gold glasses for a second, homer... I doubt any Niners fan on this board is gonna agree with you

and you're using LT as an example... saying LT's production has declined because of Norv Turner's offense? LMAO... no, his production declined because he's getting older... and he's been beat up throughout his career... your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous... please stop now before you make yourself look worse

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
LaDainian Tomlinson said Wednesday that the Vikings offered him more money to sign than the Jets.

Tomlinson chose the Jets on Sunday after making free-agent visits to both teams last week. He said on Tuesday he chose the Jets because of his familiarity with the team's offense and the opportunity for a bigger role.

But if it was just about the money, the 2006 NFL MVP said on the Dan Patrick show he had a better offer from the Vikings.

"I could have taken more money to go to Minnesota," he told Patrick.

Tomlinson agreed to a two-year deal with the Jets worth more than $5 million. -- Sean Leahy