LT SIGNS TO THE JETS. 5.2 MILLION.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2010
No i am saying put him on a team with a shittty o-line and see what kind of throws he can make and have never supported the wounded duck hill and am glad they shipped his ass to detroit. as far as L.T. being washed up i really think just like martz norv likes to see the ball in the air. I think Rex Ryan's run first offense with green and L.T. will re-vitalize L.T he aint done yet and keep laughing i never said he was better i just said i would rather have smith than rivers.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
No i am saying put him on a team with a shittty o-line and see what kind of throws he can make and have never supported the wounded duck hill and am glad they shipped his ass to detroit. as far as L.T. being washed up i really think just like martz norv likes to see the ball in the air. I think Rex Ryan's run first offense with green and L.T. will re-vitalize L.T he aint done yet and keep laughing i never said he was better i just said i would rather have smith than rivers.
if he's not better... why would you rather have Smith than Rivers???

and yeah... SD's offense did become more pass oriented... so that is partly to do with LT's production declinging... but if you look at his stats... last year he averaged a career low 3.3 yards per carry

so of course less carries will drop his total yard stats... blame that on Norv if oyu want... but when yards per carries drops you gotta put some blame on LT, no?

Mar 12, 2010
if he's not better... why would you rather have Smith than Rivers???

and yeah... SD's offense did become more pass oriented... so that is partly to do with LT's production declinging... but if you look at his stats... last year he averaged a career low 3.3 yards per carry

so of course less carries will drop his total yard stats... blame that on Norv if oyu want... but when yards per carries drops you gotta put some blame on LT, no?
True that that true on having to lay some of the blame on L.T. but correct me if im wrong but wasnt turner your guys coach last year, and wouldnt you say that L.T.s numbers have fallen off since norv started coaching there?? possibly because he is a pass first coach. and to the alex smith thing im not like a lot of 49er fans and think we need the next coming of montana or young to win it all. i am saying if we got an offensive line that alex could get the job done to throw it deep you have to have time and alex just didnt get any time in the pocket, but when he did look at the connections to davis and crabtree and even gore that he made not like the wobblers that hill made detroit deserves him

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
True that that true on having to lay some of the blame on L.T. but correct me if im wrong but wasnt turner your guys coach last year, and wouldnt you say that L.T.s numbers have fallen off since norv started coaching there?? possibly because he is a pass first coach. and to the alex smith thing im not like a lot of 49er fans and think we need the next coming of montana or young to win it all. i am saying if we got an offensive line that alex could get the job done to throw it deep you have to have time and alex just didnt get any time in the pocket, but when he did look at the connections to davis and crabtree and even gore that he made not like the wobblers that hill made detroit deserves him
woah woah woah! first of all... what is this "your guys" talk? lol

In no way shape or form am I a Chargers fan... I'm a Raiders fan and despise the Chargers with every bone in my body... maybe the fact that I was defending Rivers made you think that... but that just shows how dope Rivers is... I hate the guy, and still consider him a top QB in the league

with that being said... Turner started coaching the Chargers in 2007... that year LT had almost 1500 yards and 4.7 YPC... very productive season

yeah... his carries have declined... of course that's due to a pass oriented offense... but like I said before... yards per carry went down as well.... just watching LT it's obvious he doesn't have the same explosiveness he once had

now in regards to Smith and Rivers again... I'm not saying your wrong for having some faith in Smith... sure, if he gets more protection next season he might be GOOD ENOUGH... but to say you'd rather have Smith over Rivers just doesn't make sense at all

if you don't think Smith is better, then WHY would you rather have him over Rivers??

Mar 12, 2010
woah woah woah! first of all... what is this "your guys" talk? lol

In no way shape or form am I a Chargers fan... I'm a Raiders fan and despise the Chargers with every bone in my body... maybe the fact that I was defending Rivers made you think that... but that just shows how dope Rivers is... I hate the guy, and still consider him a top QB in the league

with that being said... Turner started coaching the Chargers in 2007... that year LT had almost 1500 yards and 4.7 YPC... very productive season

yeah... his carries have declined... of course that's due to a pass oriented offense... but like I said before... yards per carry went down as well.... just watching LT it's obvious he doesn't have the same explosiveness he once had

now in regards to Smith and Rivers again... I'm not saying your wrong for having some faith in Smith... sure, if he gets more protection next season he might be GOOD ENOUGH... but to say you'd rather have Smith over Rivers just doesn't make sense at all

if you don't think Smith is better, then WHY would you rather have him over Rivers??
just like you said above i have faith. i have faith in what i saw when smith did get time he could put some beautiful passes right on the money and i think with this off season he gets the reps he deserves and you will see his numbers blow up (again this is if they address their needs at the o-line because if you dont have time then you cant drop the dime)

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
ok... cool... but you'd rather have Smith over Rivers???

why???

are you saying with a better O-line Smith will be better than Rivers this season?

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
just like you said above i have faith. i have faith in what i saw when smith did get time he could put some beautiful passes right on the money and i think with this off season he gets the reps he deserves and you will see his numbers blow up (again this is if they address their needs at the o-line because if you dont have time then you cant drop the dime)
its nice to have faith in smith and i dont knock you for that but he is nowhere near rivers level

Mar 12, 2010
ok... cool... but you'd rather have Smith over Rivers???

why???

are you saying with a better O-line Smith will be better than Rivers this season?
Its because We have smith and if we can provide protection for him then we should win some games and i will take wins after the last almost decade of being a shitty team. I dont want to say if a trade came up where we could get rivers i wouldnt be excited but i think smith will be good for us this year as long as the o-line gets addressed. we have weapons we just need time to get the ball to them, and who knows how good smith can be he either hasnt had weapons or has had shitty O.C. or hasnt had a line this next year will be the year that lets us know if smith is the answer or not